Boardwalk Empire Season 3 (Premieres Sunday 9/16) Trailer

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
yeah and those people are dumb as fukk

the entire episode was about men executing disproportional reprisal for perceived sleights. If you didn't understand that first scene, I don't see how you understood the episode at all

Or maybe the ep ain't all that, and you're wrong. Who are you to say people are dumb for not feeling the ep/character like that? fukk outta here.

The first scene was an over the top intro to a character that, thus far, serves only as a plot device to go against Nucky.

And :wtf: at you saying I'm overthinking when you're reading bullshyt like the bolded into a relatively simple to understand scene.

Fred.

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
Or maybe the ep ain't all that, and you're wrong. Who are you to say people are dumb for not feeling the ep/character like that? fukk outta here.

The first scene was an over the top intro to a character that, thus far, serves only as a plot device to go against Nucky.

And :wtf: at you saying I'm overthinking when you're reading bullshyt like the bolded into a relatively simple to understand scene.

Fred.

I'm starting to think you're trying to hard to discredit the show fam. I know how much you love BB and I do as well, your in defense mode on the low, dont even try and deny it lol. I don't even think BE is fukking with BB, it needs more years behind it, but sheesh let the show breathe nikka. Gyp probably doesnt even want to be the boss of all bosses, he's just has a god complex and will disrespect/kill anyone to get that level of respect.

Roseti's intro was dope, it was just to show him as a fukkin psycho. Period. That's it. Him also being nuts and doing biz with Nucky isn't far fetched. They only have a relationship because of what Gyp said himself "I got money and you got booze". It's as simple as that, regardless of how psycho dude is.

Even Luciano is fukkin crazy and has an ego issue, he just happens to tone it down a bit. Remember how crazy he went during that Dr. appointment scene and he's one of Nucky's main partners.

Now back to Gyp, you say they only showed him to be crazy as a plot device to go against Nucky? no shyt nikka, he's suppose to be Nucky's rival this season. Gyp wants respect from everyone, it's obvious in how he carries himself and he felt disrespected when Nucky wouldn't give him time during the party to discuss business. Then When Nucky and the rest of the crew shunned him during the meeting he fukkin snapped.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm starting to think you're trying to hard to discredit the show fam. I know how much you love BB and I do as well, your in defense mode on the low, dont even try and deny it lol. I don't even think BE is fukking with BB, it needs more years behind it, but sheesh let the show breathe nikka.

Roseti's intro was dope, it was just to show him as a fukkin psycho. Period. That's it. Him also being nuts and doing biz with Nucky isn't far fetched. They only have a relationship because of what Gyp said himself "I got money and you got booze". It's as simple as that, regardless of how psycho dude is.

Even Luciano is fukkin crazy and has an ego issue, he just happens to tone it down a bit. Remember how crazy he went during that Dr. appointment scene and he's one of Nucky's main partners.

Now back to Gyp, you say they only showed him to be crazy as a plot device to go against Nucky? no shyt nikka, he's suppose to be Nucky's rival this season. Gyp wants respect from everyone, it's obvious in how he carries himself and he felt disrespected when Nucky wouldn't give him time during the party to discuss business. Then When Nucky and the rest of the crew shunned him during the meeting he fukkin snapped.

I feel like this thread is the Twilight Zone.

The ep and character was not well received before I even seen the episode. People were talking about everything I mentioned, before I even said it.

And I don't just mean here, I mean fans in general, and critics too. Step outside of this board and actually go research how the ep and Rosetti was received. People have been far more harsh than I have.

So seriously....what the fukk is the obsession with me personally having some kinda vendetta against this show? People were throwing little jabs at "Breaking Bad" earlier in the thread too, out of the clear blue sky. Which I chose to ignore. I guess you didn't notice that though. :yeshrug:

And the guy I responded to said whoever ain't feeling the ep/character is "dumb as fukk". That kinda cheerleader, fanboy, stannish behavior is cool, but God forbid if anyone criticizes any aspect of the show? C'mon son.

Fred.

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
I'm still laughing at "men executing disproportional reprisal for perceived sleights". Sounds like something a smart dumb nikka on the corner would say. :lolbron:

They were overreacting, nikka. That's all you had to say.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

villain

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
berlin
I feel like this thread is the Twilight Zone.

The ep and character was not well received before I even seen the episode. People were talking about everything I mentioned, before I even said it.

And I don't just mean here, I mean fans in general, and critics too. Step outside of this board and actually go research how the ep and Rosetti was received. People have been far more harsh than I have.

So seriously....what the fukk is the obsession with me personally having some kinda vendetta against this show? People were throwing little jabs at "Breaking Bad" earlier in the thread too, out of the clear blue sky. Which I chose to ignore. I guess you didn't notice that though. :yeshrug:

And the guy I responded to said whoever ain't feeling the ep/character is "dumb as fukk". That kinda cheerleader, fanboy, stannish behavior is cool, but God forbid if anyone criticizes any aspect of the show? C'mon son.

Fred.

the thing is, I don't see many people criticizing the character at all, most people I've seen like the character and are optimistic about his future in the show. In fact, you are really the only person I've seen besides trolls that has had a mainly negative reaction to the opening. Now show me some examples of these allll these people that don't like the character :duck:

If that's all you got out of that scene you're a real simple nikka
I'm still laughing at "men executing disproportional reprisal for perceived sleights". Sounds like something a smart dumb nikka on the corner would say. :lolbron:

Nah, it's important to be specific when I deal with monkeys like you and hexagram

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

People like him is the reason this thread is sitting at 20 something pages instead of 100+. Nobody wants to come in here and discuss an ep when fanboys tell you you're dumb and want to spout pseudo-intellectual bullshyt reasons why you didn't "get" a simple ass scene. I would expect that silly shyt in a "Lost" thread, not here.

Fred.

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
For the record, I didn't criticize Gyp because I don't see the point of analyzing a character who had 3 scenes, all of which exhibited the same thing: dude has a bad temper. Still, it's 3 scenes, so it'd be unfair to call him one-dimensional. I'm taking a wait and see on that one.

I don't think a majority of critics think it's a bad show. It's just underwhelming. A B+ show that, based on its cast and crew, should be an A show.

villain

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
berlin
People like him is the reason this thread is sitting at 20 something pages instead of 100+. Nobody wants to come in here and discuss an ep when fanboys tell you you're dumb and want to spout pseudo-intellectual bullshyt reasons why you didn't "get" a simple ass scene. I would expect that silly shyt in a "Lost" thread, not here.

Fred.

Yeah, nikkas like me is why this thread does 20 pages and not the show simply being less popular than others... :heh:
You're a proven hater of the show and come into this thread only to voice any gripes you have no matter how moronic and uninformed they are. You were doing this on sohh and you're doing it here now. I don't know why you're acting like this hasn't been your whole steelo in these threads since season 1

This the same nikka that said he didn't like Nucky because nothing bad ever happened to him and he was invincible :dead:

It's not specific, though. You're just using 5 words when all you needed was 1. No need to be all acrimonious.
I'm not gonna argue english with you, but if you can't see the difference between what I said and simply saying "nikkas overreacting" then :yeshrug:

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
Get the fukk outta here arguing about the show man! Too much negative shyt in this thread for one episode.

2gunsup

Satsui No Hado
Daps
Reppin
Popozudas

Fred.

I know for one, I'm really sick of coming into this thread only to see one of your rotten tomato type posts somehow subliminally trolling and stanning Breaking Bad :gag:

Actually you do it in every thread related to a show people think is better than BB, :heh: