Boardwalk Empire Season 3 (Premieres Sunday 9/16) Trailer

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
this is complete speculation, but i can see gyp visiting the whore house before he leaves, talking to gillian and finding out whats up with nucky. if you remember in one of the trailers she says something like "his own brother tried to have him killed." then seeing gyp reach out to eli and those three plotting on nucky.

judging by past trailers and next weeks preview, eli just looks like someone who is still mad about doing any time in prison. this i think will have nucky realize jimmy was telling the truth when he said eli wanted him dead, and it should have been him who died, not jimmy, and fukking with nuckys conscience. maybe thats why you see harrow in nuckys office in the trailer, asking richard if he thinks about any of the people who hes killed. or i could be totally off.

just my 2 cents.

• Dap
Reactions: Rev

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Eli. :snoop:

I can't stand that motherfukker. :aicmon:

Fred.

• Dap
Reactions: Rev

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
wow this nikka hexagram back with his over-analyzing shyt again

give it a rest dog, don't nobody care about you making a note of every little thing you see as odd

Get the fukk outta here. :stopitslime:

People were criticizing the character in this thread before I even seen the ep. I guess that's my fault too, huh? :comeon:

Hell, people are criticizing the character all over the 'net. Actually research shyt before you type.

Fred.

OTC

+
Daps
Reppin
Austin, Texas
this is complete speculation, but i can see gyp visiting the whore house before he leaves, talking to gillian and finding out whats up with nucky. if you remember in one of the trailers she says something like "his own brother tried to have him killed." then seeing gyp reach out to eli and those three plotting on nucky.

judging by past trailers and next weeks preview, eli just looks like someone who is still mad about doing any time in prison. this i think will have nucky realize jimmy was telling the truth when he said eli wanted him dead, and it should have been him who died, not jimmy, and fukking with nuckys conscience. maybe thats why you see harrow in nuckys office in the trailer, asking richard if he thinks about any of the people who hes killed. or i could be totally off.

just my 2 cents.

:cheers:

That's damn near exactly how I have it going down too.

waynep

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yall didn't even notice Frank Costello being introduced to the show at the meeting when Rosetti went off.He called one of the dudes Frank.

Daps
Yall didn't even notice Frank Costello being introduced to the show at the meeting when Rosetti went off.He called one of the dudes Frank.

I noticed that but assumed it was Frank Yale....Costello makes far more sense.

Wiki got me :eat: there's so much they can tell through this series.

Question:

Has Lucky joined Masseria's family by now? And that's the dude he had beef with in season one who asked him to join and leave AR alone, right?
Had

Urbanmiracle

Brooklyn the planet...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn son
For those worried about the change in nucky and who he deals with, it's simple. During season 1 and 2 nucky was just a corrupt and greedy politician who had a squeaky clean image to the public. The reason why he was super cautious about who he dealt with in the public is because he had a public image to up hold. He had to worry about elections and making sure his people looked clean.

Now fast forward, he gave up begging treasurer, and is now a full time gangster. His image has already been tarnished thanks to the investigations last season even though his case was thrown out. Also I think he realized there is even more power and money in being the power behind the throne sort of speak. Which is why he has his head minion as treasurer and all the other faithful henchmen in high positions. Now his main source of imcome is the bootlegging trade.

dagodmcizme

All Star
Daps
Gyp is crazy as hell I hope he don't kill my nikka Owen

Mickey still aint shyt

Gillian still conniving

Van Alden selling irons :bryan:

Margaret still got that lip

Harrow killed my boychik Manny :to:

Episode was incredible

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
I can't wait until the St. Valentines. They are going to end up doing a 50/50 split with chicago and atlantic city by season 4.

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
For those worried about the change in nucky and who he deals with, it's simple. During season 1 and 2 nucky was just a corrupt and greedy politician who had a squeaky clean image to the public. The reason why he was super cautious about who he dealt with in the public is because he had a public image to up hold. He had to worry about elections and making sure his people looked clean.

Now fast forward, he gave up begging treasurer, and is now a full time gangster. His image has already been tarnished thanks to the investigations last season even though his case was thrown out. Also I think he realized there is even more power and money in being the power behind the throne sort of speak. Which is why he has his head minion as treasurer and all the other faithful henchmen in high positions. Now his main source of imcome is the bootlegging trade.

I got no problem with how Nucky's changed to a full-time, cold-blooded gangster. The problem is, he's on a show with many, many full-time, cold-blooded gangsters, and they're all more interesting characters than him. No matter how many political dealings Nucky gets into, I'm always going to look forward to a Chalky, Luciano/Lansky, Rothstein, Harrow, Capone, Owen, or (RIP) Jimmy scene more than him. And for the most important character of a show, that's a problem.

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown

just my 2 cents.
Shiit, now i actually hope this happens. :leon:

Daps
I got no problem with how Nucky's changed to a full-time, cold-blooded gangster. The problem is, he's on a show with many, many full-time, cold-blooded gangsters, and they're all more interesting characters than him. No matter how many political dealings Nucky gets into, I'm always going to look forward to a Chalky, Luciano/Lansky, Rothstein, Harrow, Capone, Owen, or (RIP) Jimmy scene more than him. And for the most important character of a show, that's a problem.

This was a fundamental decision they made with the creation of the series. Those guys (outside of Jimmy, Chalky and Harrow, the latter two I think is are great side characters, but their stories ain't more compelling than Nucky) are notorious in American culture. Absolutely telling any one of their stories would be better than a guy from atlantic city most have never heard of.

Loosely basing it in Nucky gave them some leeway to not be shackled by history and it allowed them to tie in all the major players of the era. I was skeptical of this approach at first...when Capone first hit the scene as a driver, I was like fukk this Atlantic City shyt, I wanna see his rise to power. However, sitting at the beginning of season 3, I think their way works fine. Nucky will never outshine the greatest stories in American gangsterdom, but he effectively brings them together imo

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
I totally disagree that Harrow isn't as compelling as Nucky. In fact I think he's the most compelling character in the whole show, and the episode where he went to the woods to kill himself was the best in the series.

A Capone or Rothstein show wouldn't be that interesting because we already know how it ends. There'd be no drama. That's why they're side characters; catalysts to help Nucky's story move along. That doesn't mean Nucky can't be more interesting than them. There's more than one way to make a gangster compelling other than ruthlessness. Just look at Tony Soprano.

• Dap
Reactions: hex
Daps
I totally disagree that Harrow isn't as compelling as Nucky. In fact I think he's the most compelling character in the whole show, and the episode where he went to the woods to kill himself was the best in the series.

A Capone or Rothstein show wouldn't be that interesting because we already know how it ends. There'd be no drama. That's why they're side characters; catalysts to help Nucky's story move along. That doesn't mean Nucky can't be more interesting than them. There's more than one way to make a gangster compelling other than ruthlessness. Just look at Tony Soprano.

We seek two different kinds of shows :manny:

And there's plenty of drama in historical dramas....It would be interesting as hell. Capone's rise remains the most interesting storyline to me....cuz he's Al fukking Capone. Anyone else being more interesting would just mean they're butchering Capone's story.