Boardwalk Empire Season 3 (Premieres Sunday 9/16) Trailer

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
Thinking about this some more, I don't think they even know that he's psycho like that. I also assume they don't know that he killed a civilian before he showed up for the meet. He probably acts different with gangster associates. Notice how when he comes to party he's joking with the crew and is almost mild mannered.

Then a fukking Dancing Business Tyc00n shows up and interrupts his business. He gets annoyed and then Nucky patronizes him and makes him wait.

So then Nucky comes back tells the crew that they're gonna have to get the booze from Rothstein now. Everybody is mad, newcomer (Rosetti) who wanted to start business with Nucky now has bad timing and is furious that he has to settle with Rothstein. So he loses his facade of composure and flies off the handle and disses everyone.

So Remus is like "chill out we all got the same news brah" but since things didn't go according to plan for Rosetti he doesn't give a fukk now. If Nucky didn't brush the crew off to Rothstein I bet everything would have been gravy but since the deal went wrong that makes Rosetti thinks he got the shyt end of the stick so he turns into an adversary.

Maybe. I dunno. Like I said it's not a big deal to me it just kinda threw me for a loop when he spoke to Nucky at the party. His intro scene was kinda over the top so I had him pegged as some kinda wild card psychopath.

Fred.
I believe Nucky knew what happened because he saw the front page of the paper with the dead dude on the road...and then when he met up with Rosetti, he asked him about his trip & then sarcastically mentioned the area where the guy was killed.

I think he was pretty much hinting that he knew Rosetti killed the dude because that's the route he took to get there & because he's a loose cannon.

Pack2

..Pack2..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
i agree with everything you're saying about Gyp.

i highlight the bold in reference to what somebody alluded to earlier, with why Harrow waited all this time to kill Manny. I say, maybe he did it because of his talks with lil' Tommy, Gillian making Tommy forget her as his mom, seeing her paintings, remembering Angela, etc. Harrow might not have been exposed to that until then & it lit a fire under him.
Yup....agree 100%

I think it just all hit him a certain way when Tommy couldn't remember that his mother was an artist and made paintings....then looking at them and reminiscing about her....then seeing Gillian trying to erase that from Tommy triggered him to get vengeful that night.....add to the fact that it was new years and people can get melancholy on that night, esp when you're harrow and you dont have anybody who cares about you now....thanks to manny.

Pack2

..Pack2..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Maybe. I dunno. Like I said it's not a big deal to me it just kinda threw me for a loop when he spoke to Nucky at the party. His intro scene was kinda over the top so I had him pegged as some kinda wild card psychopath.

Fred.
I agree with you here....I thought he did a good enough job of taking offense and showing the audience that he could fly off the handle that he didn't need to kill that old man for us to know he aint to be fukked with.

That whole scene you are thinking he gonna kill him and when the old man walks away you're like :whew:

Then he comes and starts wacking old dude in the back of the head and you're like :noah:

Def was over the top and they didnt need to even do that to show he was a loose cannon.

Pack2

..Pack2..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I believe Nucky knew what happened because he saw the front page of the paper with the dead dude on the road...and then when he met up with Rosetti, he asked him about his trip & then sarcastically mentioned the area where the guy was killed.

I think he was pretty much hinting that he knew Rosetti killed the dude because that's the route he took to get there & because he's a loose cannon.
:ehh: I gotta watch this ep again...didn't even think of that

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
I agree with you here....I thought he did a good enough job of taking offense and showing the audience that he could fly off the handle that he didn't need to kill that old man for us to know he aint to be fukked with.

That whole scene you are thinking he gonna kill him and when the old man walks away you're like :whew:

Then he comes and starts wacking old dude in the back of the head and you're like :noah:

Def was over the top and they didnt need to even do that to show he was a loose cannon.
lol word...same here.

i guess they were also trying to foreshadow that killing will be at an all-time high this season. :bustback::violent::boss:

Daps

In addition to him being a loose cannon, I think they scene was about showing you how much he despised being disrespected. As I said earlier, I think old dude woulda lived after he apologized, but once he told Gyp regina meant queen, Gyp's demeanor turned dark again and I knew for sure dude was a goner.

From the way he was mugging, I wouldn't be surprised if he offs the singer.
Sure they didn't need to have him killed, to me and you, just like Marlo didn't need to kill the the security guard...but we're not sociopaths:manny:

Also, that murder was somewhat important to the plot cuz it's what Harry threw back in Nucky's face

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Dog, that wasn't Nucky's "inner circle" just his biggest customers.

I make that distinction, not to argue semantics, but to point you to the reason for the meet in the first place: to inform his customers that he'd no longer be dealing to them directly and just AR.

Dude is a sensitive sociopath from out of town. Him being a hot head was never Nucky's problem...he had money, Nucky had liquor, it really is that simple.

Except it is Nucky's problem. That's the entire point of the character. I'm saying I hope they give some kinda explanation why Nucky would interact with someone like that, when he never has before, as a customer, inner circle, or anything.

Fred.

Daps
Except it is Nucky's problem. That's the entire point of the character. I'm saying I hope they give some kinda explanation why Nucky would interact with someone like that, when he never has before, as a customer, inner circle, or anything.

Fred.

When has Nucky ever turned away clientele? You've made him selective in your head.

He's been fukking Manny who'll murder innocent family.

Doyle's been a big part of his operation despite the fact that he's proven to be an untrustworthy fukk up time and time again. Doyle's bad for business just as Gyp is (tho for different reasons). If Nucky was as selective as you're painting him, he woulda clapped and/or replaced Doyle a long time ago.

Nah, Nuck's about that cash. The rules for making on the kind of money they're making from prohibition hadn't been previously established (and Nuck's gotta overcome that land setback). When Gyp first sends word from NYC that he wished to buy a large amount of liquor at most Nucky just ran it by AR

And Gyp wasn't his problem....til he becomes his problem this season. Just as AR wasn't his problem til he became Nuck's problem in season one. It's the way of that world.

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
BTW, personally, the only reason i like the Margaret storyline is because...i wanna see her get fukked by the irish dude again. That scene was intense last season. I think my dikk got semi-hard while watching it. :manny:

dontreadthis

philly.
Daps
why am I JUST now noticing Al Capone on here was "Tommy" from Snatch. lol the accent threw me for a loop....

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
When has Nucky ever turned away clientele? You've made him selective in your head.

He's been fukking Manny who'll murder innocent family.

Doyle's been a big part of his operation despite the fact that he's proven to be an untrustworthy fukk up time and time again. Doyle's bad for business just as Gyp is (tho for different reasons). If Nucky was as selective as you're painting him, he woulda clapped and/or replaced Doyle a long time ago.

Nah, Nuck's about that cash. The rules for making on the kind of money they're making from prohibition hadn't been previously established (and Nuck's gotta overcome that land setback). When Gyp first sends word from NYC that he wished to buy a large amount of liquor at most Nucky just ran it by AR

And Gyp wasn't his problem....til he becomes his problem this season. Just as AR wasn't his problem til he became Nuck's problem in season one. It's the way of that world.

We're going to have to agree to disagree. The sudden introduction of Gyp and how his character was handled is a problem for several people, including TV critics, but if you don't mind it :yeshrug:

EDIT:

And Manny never killed anyone innocent. Angela? That was the wife of the guy that tried to murder him. fukked up? Yes....but it's understandable. It's not understandable to murk someone over "3 in 1", and no other character on the show is that psychopathic.

Fred.

Daps
BTW, personally, the only reason i like the Margaret storyline is because...i wanna see her get fukked by the irish dude again. That scene was intense last season. I think my dikk got semi-hard while watching it. :manny:

:huhldup: