Boardwalk Empire Season 3 (Premieres Sunday 9/16) Trailer

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
This show is one of if not the best on TV right now. HBO is consistent with their shows. They always find a hit and Boardwalk is about to join the ranks with the Sopranos and the Wire as one of he best TV series ever.

Daps
We're going to have to agree to disagree. The sudden introduction of Gyp and how his character was handled is a problem for several people, including TV critics, but if you don't mind it :yeshrug:

EDIT:

And Manny never killed anyone innocent. Angela? That was the wife of the guy that tried to murder him. fukked up? Yes....but it's understandable. It's not understandable to murk someone over "3 in 1", and no other character on the show is that psychopathic.

Fred.

Lol, do you know what innocent means? Angela had nothing to do with Jimmy's job. Had no knowledge of his dealings whatsoever. Family and kids are off limits. Perhaps not a hard rule back then, but at least frowned upon. You call it understandable, but even Nucky shat on him when he bragged about doing it in the basement of the synagogue. Nah, Nucky knew he was dealing with when it came to Manny. And we'll continue to ignore this "selective" Nucky continuing to place his business in that clown Mickey's hand.

We can agree to disagree if you like. One thing I've learned from messageboards is that these critics rarely deserve to be put on any pedestals. Niccas here make better arguments and they actually have to address counterpoints and holes in their arguments.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
It's not understandable to murk someone over "3 in 1", and no other character on the show is that psychopathic.

Fred.

I don't think that's fair especially for a show that is based on historical events grounded in reality. In real life there are real monsters that kill people for no reason or just because they like it. Why should this show exempt these types?

And you say there is no one else that psychopathic :usure: What about Gillian who flat out shocked Angela with the confession that she used to kiss her son's dikk when he was a baby?

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
I don't think that's fair especially for a show that is based on historical events grounded in reality. In real life there are real monsters that kill people for no reason or just because they like it. Why should this show exempt these types?

And you say there is no one else that psychopathic :usure: What about Gillian who flat out shocked Angela with the confession that she used to kiss her son's dikk when he was a baby?

Jimmy had her when she was young and freash :noah: jimmy son about to have that old grand ma puss. :scusthov:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Jimmy had her when she was young and freash :noah: jimmy son about to have that old grand ma puss. :scusthov:

:wtf:

:russ:

:scusthov:

Now that bytch is a real psycho. She already got the kid to forget his real mom and it looks like she's getting ready to create another Jimmy.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Gillian is a close business partner of Nucky? :wtf:

And I'm not saying those types of characters shouldn't be on this show. I'm saying Nucky should be smart enough to see some kinda red flag prior to this ep. Someone that is psycho enough to kill a man over nothing, literally nothing isn't usually subtle enough to sit alongside more professional criminals like Nucky, Rothstein, etc.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Lol, do you know what innocent means? Angela had nothing to do with Jimmy's job. Had no knowledge of his dealings whatsoever. Family and kids are off limits. Perhaps not a hard rule back then, but at least frowned upon. You call it understandable, but even Nucky shat on him when he bragged about doing it in the basement of the synagogue. Nah, Nucky knew he was dealing with when it came to Manny. And we'll continue to ignore this "selective" Nucky continuing to place his business in that clown Mickey's hand.

We can agree to disagree if you like. One thing I've learned from messageboards is that these critics rarely deserve to be put on any pedestals. Niccas here make better arguments and they actually have to address counterpoints and holes in their arguments.

Mickey is an idiot but he's harmless. I don't really understand why you're trying to make a comparison to him and Rosetti. There's a reason Rosetti is the antagonist this season and not Mickey. Hell, the fact that Rosetti is the antagonist this season should be proof enough of what I'm saying. It's not as if they wrote the character as a psycho by accident. They made Nucky oblivious to this guy's behavior up until the ep we seen. Like I said earlier the writers seem to forget that the character is new to us, not new to the people on the show.

Fred.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Gillian is a close business partner of Nucky? :wtf:

And I'm not saying those types of characters shouldn't be on this show. I'm saying Nucky should be smart enough to see some kinda red flag prior to this ep. Someone that is psycho enough to kill a man over nothing, literally nothing isn't usually subtle enough to sit alongside more professional criminals like Nucky, Rothstein, etc.

Fred.

I didn't say Gillian was a close business partner, I'm was just saying her name to show that there are other unhinged characters on the show when you singled out Rosetti.

But anyway Rosetti was acting normal when he came to the party. I'm pretty sure he has some restraint, like how he didn't go on a killing spree (ex. Dance tyc00n guy interrupting, Nucky pinching his cheeks, Remus telling him to chill, Luciano trying to flex on him, AR laughing at him, Nucky's threatening attitude.) at the party when things didn't go his way. That's a whole lot more slights than he took from the civilian he killed.

There's a name for those no name characters that get killed off for no reason too. It's a trope called Red Shirts. Look at that 3 and 1 dudes coat color :obama:

Daps

:ohhh:

:merchant:

:scusthov:

Came in here to discuss how good the episode was and i see cats talking about historical evidence and Time magazine reviewers. WTF!

We did that right after the show aired. Great first episode, most here agree. Now ya just catching the mid-week debate about minor shyt...as we wait for this piff to return Sunday :noah:

Mickey is an idiot but he's harmless. I don't really understand why you're trying to make a comparison to him and Rosetti. There's a reason Rosetti is the antagonist this season and not Mickey. Hell, the fact that Rosetti is the antagonist this season should be proof enough of what I'm saying. It's not as if they wrote the character as a psycho by accident. They made Nucky oblivious to this guy's behavior up until the ep we seen. Like I said earlier the writers seem to forget that the character is new to us, not new to the people on the show.

Fred.

Mickey's not harmless, he's bad for business. I already explained this :snoop:

His ineptness directly affects Nucky's pockets. Whether it's a still getting robbed or busted or whatever. He's been a part of TWO attempts on Nucky's life. Obviously, the way he's bad for business is different, but if Nucky was as selective as you're trying to make him, he wouldn't fukk with Mickey. That's my point.

Nucky's not oblivious to his, neither is anybody else (aside from Remus, the only one who meets him that night like the rest off us)...Nucky immediately knows the killing in Tabor Heights was Rosetti's (clearly not oblivious to his behavior), Meyer remarks how he has "ice water in his veins", Lucky takes his insults in stride (notice how chippy Lucky usually is when someone insults him), AR is AR, an insult has never bothered him...they just put up with it, cuz it ain't a big deal. They only deal with him on such a limited basis anyway.