Boardwalk Empire Season 3 (Premieres Sunday 9/16) Trailer

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Exactly! Dudes are overthinking it. Rosetti's not a partner, just a major customer. That element exist in the underworld. Nucky ain't The Greek (from the wire), he's not that discerning on who he sells to.

Where's Rosetti from anyway? NYC?

I think Rosetti was actually gonna let him go, despite being offended but then the dude acted like Rosetti didn't know what "Regina" meant:manny:

I'm surprised there's not more talk bout Harrow catching the eye of Gillian's newest whore

Customer, partner, whatever.

Rosetti was at the table with Nucky's "inner circle". Obviously Nucky trusts him at least as much as he does Rothstein, Remus, etc. otherwise he never would've been invited. It would've been nice to see how they met instead of just making this guy into a complete psychopath from scene 1, then making him go nuts at the meeting and everyone react like :wtf:, as if this type of behavior was completely unforeseen. The character is new to us, he ain't new to them.

Fred.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exactly! Dudes are overthinking it. Rosetti's not a partner, just a major customer. That element exist in the underworld. Nucky ain't The Greek (from the wire), he's not that discerning on who he sells to.

I'm surprised there's not more talk bout Harrow catching the eye of Gillian's newest whore

i caught that. Harrows gonna get it in :noah:

Pack2

..Pack2..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ

Rosetti was at the table with Nucky's "inner circle". Obviously Nucky trusts him at least as much as he does Rothstein, Remus, etc. otherwise he never would've been invited. It would've been nice to see how they met instead of just making this guy into a complete psychopath from scene 1, then making him go nuts at the meeting and everyone react like :wtf:, as if this type of behavior was completely unforeseen. The character is new to us, he ain't new to them.

Fred.

Who exactly reacted like :wtf: though?

First dude reacted like :rudy:
Rothstein reacted like :smugfavre:
Remus reacted like :ld:

Only Lucky got mad but they paint him as having a short fuse for that type of disrespect anyway.

I think your overanalyzing the shyt instead of enjoying the character and the scene

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Who exactly reacted like :wtf: though?

First dude reacted like :rudy:
Rothstein reacted like :smugfavre:
Remus reacted like :ld:

Only Lucky got mad but they paint him as having a short fuse for that type of disrespect anyway.

I think your overanalyzing the shyt instead of enjoying the character and the scene

You're missing the point.

How the hell did the guy even get an invite to the meeting in the first place if he's so unstable that he kills people over nothing? Who else at the table is that crazy? Nobody....so why would Nucky associate with someone like that, when he never has before? I realize the writers wanted to set up a new antagonist but they could've been a little more subtle about it.

And this has been a common complaint among TV critics, so it's not as if I'm just pulling shyt out of thin air to complain about.

Fred.

Pack2

..Pack2..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
You're missing the point.

How the hell did the guy even get an invite to the meeting in the first place if he's so unstable that he kills people over nothing? Who else at the table is that crazy? Nobody....so why would Nucky associate with someone like that, when he never has before? I realize the writers wanted to set up a new antagonist but they could've been a little more subtle about it.

And this has been a common complaint among TV critics, so it's not as if I'm just pulling shyt out of thin air to complain about.

Fred.
16 months have gone by....they can't back track to show you how and why they are associates. The story picks up and he is obviously a big customer with connections and some type of power. This is implied and doesn't need to be spelled out for everyone. Perhaps they will allude to their connection in a future episode though.

Nucky associates with plenty of sociopaths, many of whom he has done business with. I think you are giving Nucky too much credit in terms of who he does business with and who can get in his circle when it comes to making money and keeping power.

Not saying you're pulling it out of your ass at all, just giving you my perspective. I do not read what critics say tho so Im sure it has been mentioned.

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
16 months have gone by....they can't back track to show you who and why they are associates. The story picks up and he is obviously a big customer with connections and some type of power. This is implied and doesn't need to be spelled out for everyone. Perhaps they will allude to their connection in a future episode though.

Nucky associates with plenty of sociopaths, many of whom he has done business with. I think you are giving Nucky too much credit in terms of who he does business with and who can get in his circle when it comes to making money and keeping power.

Not saying you're pulling it out of your ass at all, just giving you my perspective. I do not read what critics say tho so Im sure it has been mentioned.
i agree with everything you're saying about Gyp.

i highlight the bold in reference to what somebody alluded to earlier, with why Harrow waited all this time to kill Manny. I say, maybe he did it because of his talks with lil' Tommy, Gillian making Tommy forget her as his mom, seeing her paintings, remembering Angela, etc. Harrow might not have been exposed to that until then & it lit a fire under him.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
16 months have gone by....they can't back track to show you how and why they are associates. The story picks up and he is obviously a big customer with connections and some type of power. This is implied and doesn't need to be spelled out for everyone. Perhaps they will allude to their connection in a future episode though.

I don't know breh. I always thought Nucky was pretty careful about who he associated with. Like I said earlier in the thread, when they showed Rosetti at the party I assumed he crashed it because the thought of him knowing Nucky never even entered my head.

One of the TIME critics said he ain't even reviewing the show any more because it's not worth it. I don't have that big a problem with it, just wanted to parlay with people and get their opinion. :yeshrug:

Fred.

t_ripley

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
DMV/NYC
if nucky dont kill margaret by the end of this season I will be mad as hell :mindblown: , the bytch gave away your road to riches, literally :pacspit:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps

Fred.

Thinking about this some more, I don't think they even know that he's psycho like that. I also assume they don't know that he killed a civilian before he showed up for the meet. He probably acts different with gangster associates. Notice how when he comes to party he's joking with the crew and is almost mild mannered.

Then a fukking Dancing Business Tyc00n shows up and interrupts his business. He gets annoyed and then Nucky patronizes him and makes him wait.

So then Nucky comes back tells the crew that they're gonna have to get the booze from Rothstein now. Everybody is mad, newcomer (Rosetti) who wanted to start business with Nucky now has bad timing and is furious that he has to settle with Rothstein. So he loses his facade of composure and flies off the handle and disses everyone.

So Remus is like "chill out we all got the same news brah" but since things didn't go according to plan for Rosetti he doesn't give a fukk now. If Nucky didn't brush the crew off to Rothstein I bet everything would have been gravy but since the deal went wrong that makes Rosetti thinks he got the shyt end of the stick so he turns into an adversary.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Thinking about this some more, I don't think they even know that he's psycho like that. I also assume they don't know that he killed a civilian before he showed up for the meet. He probably acts different with gangster associates. Notice how when he comes to party he's joking with the crew and is almost mild mannered.

Then a fukking Dancing Business Tyc00n shows up and interrupts his business. He gets annoyed and then Nucky patronizes him and makes him wait.

So then Nucky comes back tells the crew that they're gonna have to get the booze from Rothstein now. Everybody is mad, newcomer (Rosetti) who wanted to start business with Nucky now has bad timing and is furious that he has to settle with Rothstein. So he loses his facade of composure and flies off the handle and disses everyone.

So Remus is like "chill out we all got the same news brah" but since things didn't go according to plan for Rosetti he doesn't give a fukk now. If Nucky didn't brush the crew off to Rothstein I bet everything would have been gravy but since the deal went wrong that makes Rosetti thinks he got the shyt end of the stick so he turns into an adversary.

Maybe. I dunno. Like I said it's not a big deal to me it just kinda threw me for a loop when he spoke to Nucky at the party. His intro scene was kinda over the top so I had him pegged as some kinda wild card psychopath.

Fred.

Daps

Fred.

Dog, that wasn't Nucky's "inner circle" just his biggest customers.

I make that distinction, not to argue semantics, but to point you to the reason for the meet in the first place: to inform his customers that he'd no longer be dealing to them directly and just AR.

Dude is a sensitive sociopath from out of town. Him being a hot head was never Nucky's problem...he had money, Nucky had liquor, it really is that simple.