Boardwalk Empire Season 3 (Premieres Sunday 9/16) Trailer

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
on the low Remus is one of my favorite characters. he stays crackin me up in his scenes.

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
Nah....I mean I get why he exists as a character. And I got 0 problems with his character. The new promo and his "everybody got guns!" speech is :noah:

I'm saying, in the reality of the show, given how careful Nucky is....he deals with professionals. If you look at the table, he has Luchiano, Rothstein, Remus, etc....then you got Gyp, who beat a man to death basically for nothing. Seems to me this guy's psychopathic behavior would've been obvious to someone as cautious as Nucky long before the table scene happened, so I dunno why he'd break bread with the dude to begin with.

Fred.

Yeah I get you, It doesn't make sense that Nucky even decided to hear him out but I don't think the dinner scene makes him look like a psycho it just made him look belligerent as fukk. Dude is like Nicky Santoro/Tommy DeVito (both psychos with legenary tempers) that still managed to work with saner dudes Jimmy Conway/Henry Hill.
only reason Nucky heard him out is because like Gyp said - "I got money. You got booze."

Dude was talking about coppin 500 cases like nothin. He's a huge customer and obviously give no fukks/got muscle. So it'll be interesting to see how he's handled & even how long he lasts.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
What was the comment though?

Bystander: I got some 3 and 1 in the glove box maybe that'll help.
Rosetti: I don't know what that is...
Bystander: It's oil, what else?
Rosetti: :stopitslime:

And that's why the bystander got killed. :huhldup:

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I guess when your name is on the wing of a hospital you get to have some "benefits". Did you notice how condescending they were when apologizing to Margaret about seeing the woman losing the baby? No such apologies were offered to the men taking the tour. So that's why Margaret was like :smugfavre: for acting like a boss lady, she wants women to be equal to men cause when you saw her she's reading the lady in the newspaper and at the end when Margaret goes out to see that female pilot so that's why she was so proud of the that lady so I'm assuming that female pilot is a fictional character but based on Amelia Earhart.

That is explain why the reaction of the doctor to being asked a question by Margaret and certainly a reminder that the 1920s were very different times indeed when the little woman should NOT have questioned the doctor.

I liked how they teased Capone's killing of O'Banion (If you know your history about this story).

• Dap
Reactions: Rev

Propaganda

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Why did Rosetti kill dude in the begining? My girl was talking and I wasn't paying attention.

to illustrate the fact that he's a violent psychopath who snaps when he feels he's being disrespected.

i kind of feel rosetti is a bit cliche. but outside of him (and i guess capone, although he's being held back by torrio right now), all the other gangsters/buyers are a lot more cool and calculated, so i suppose that type of lunatic energy brings something new to the table, literally.

• Dap
Reactions: Rev

bigmac

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
South London
Got to be one of the best pilots I've seen in a while. Opened up the season beautifully. My nig chalky ain't even entered the fray yet as well.

Did anyone clock the brief scene with Margaret and Owen in the middle of the party? They made the babes in the background on-looking at the two a bit too obvious for my liking. I think that situation is going to blow up a bit quicker than we think.

Richard Harrow though :lawd:

Daps
only reason Nucky heard him out is because like Gyp said - "I got money. You got booze."

Dude was talking about coppin 500 cases like nothin. He's a huge customer and obviously give no fukks/got muscle. So it'll be interesting to see how he's handled & even how long he lasts.

Exactly! Dudes are overthinking it. Rosetti's not a partner, just a major customer. That element exist in the underworld. Nucky ain't The Greek (from the wire), he's not that discerning on who he sells to.

Where's Rosetti from anyway? NYC?

Bystander: I got some 3 and 1 in the glove box maybe that'll help.
Rosetti: I don't know what that is...
Bystander: It's oil, what else?
Rosetti: :stopitslime:

And that's why the bystander got killed. :huhldup:

I think Rosetti was actually gonna let him go, despite being offended but then the dude acted like Rosetti didn't know what "Regina" meant:manny:

I'm surprised there's not more talk bout Harrow catching the eye of Gillian's newest whore

Habit

Banned
Daps
to illustrate the fact that he's a violent psychopath who snaps when he feels he's being disrespected.

i kind of feel rosetti is a bit cliche. but outside of him (and i guess capone, although he's being held back by torrio right now), all the other gangsters/buyers are a lot more cool and calculated, so i suppose that type of lunatic energy brings something new to the table, literally.

You are seeing a Capone before he is all about violence. You are seeing a young Luciano before he becomes Bosses of all Bosses. You are seeing Bugsy Siegel making funny noises before he is part of Murder, Inc.

The Rosetti types are probably why they had to start The Commission in 1931.

I know people are disappointed they they won't be seeing a chemistry teacher taking out Capone this season. But you gotta remember they just mastered the art of killing a witness just a few years ago, and blow jobs are just getting imported from France.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali

I felt that he didn't need to kill that guy at all, that was doing too much for his character. We kinda figured out this was the new hothead guy to watch out for. What if that guy he killed was somebody important? These guys usually check first

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Brehs, real talk how are we gonna watch this show from week to week? Last season we had links galore. Its not even on Amazon or Xbox/Zune. I don't have HBO, it was a free preview weekend this past Sunday :ld:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
You are seeing a Capone before he is all about violence. You are seeing a young Luciano before he becomes Bosses of all Bosses. You are seeing Bugsy Siegel making funny noises before he is part of Murder, Inc.

The Rosetti types are probably why they had to start The Commission in 1931.

I know people are disappointed they they won't be seeing a chemistry teacher taking out Capone this season. But you gotta remember they just mastered the art of killing a witness just a few years ago, and blow jobs are just getting imported from France.

You don't have to take shots at "Breaking Bad" because people are complaining about things on this show. Don't be an insecure fan.

Fred.