Boardwalk Empire Season 3 (Premieres Sunday 9/16) Trailer

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
And those people are dumb as hell for accusing people for that. A show/movie can still drop tons of bodies and be cerebral at the same time .

That's why I liked this finale. It did just that. The two best parts of it IMO were Harrow going berserk and Nuck outsmarting Rothstein. That's the Nuck I like.

I also need to add, Margret wasn't the only bad part of this season. If you remove her subplot, and Nuck simping, this season would be 100x better. I dunno why people assume that = nonstop killing.

Fred.

Daps
My third fav episode..the show finished strong as fukk..gives me great hope for next season.

I would give this season about 4.1

just stop wasting time on bullshiit stories and let us eat ALL season..

Superstar
Daps
did it hit hard for any other white guys here during the scene where the black guy was two handing his FLACCID dikk while pissing on the car

you know when he turned and faced Capone, Al was at a loss for words and realized he was ashamed of his own manhood

i am by no means small but i know my role and i refuse to have a dikk pic competition with a old southern dark black guy like that i dont feel like going 0-99

no homo

great season IMO even when it was boring it all came together. i cant wait till next season

Nah, inexcusable homo. :ufdup:

SMMFH at you watching a gangster series and thinking about penises.

Daps
More reason to hate Margaret. If she didn't exist this would be a near harmonious thread. Even a female member here just said that Margaret is shyt. It's okay to be fan of the show but you guys shouldn't be sugar coating this shyt, Margaret Chode is a badly written character.

How is she badly written...cuz you don't like her?

That's why I liked this finale. It did just that. The two best parts of it IMO were Harrow going berserk and Nuck outsmarting Rothstein. That's the Nuck I like.

I also need to add, Margret wasn't the only bad part of this season. If you remove her subplot, and Nuck simping, this season would be 100x better. I dunno why people assume that = nonstop killing.

Fred.

Again, Nuck's been simping since the shows' inception and it's driven many storylines. It's a character flaw of his, get over it, cuz it ain't changing. Ditto Margaret's plight.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps

Oh Jesus Christ, not this shyt again. :whoa:

I'm not gonna go through another a six page combat saying why. Just counter after counter, nah fukk that.

You don't agree, fine I get it but I agree with nikkas that say she is a bad character.

1056278-072TT1W.gif

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Again, Nuck's been simping since the shows' inception and it's driven many storylines. It's a character flaw of his, get over it, cuz it ain't changing. Ditto Margaret's plight.

Prior to season 3 neither of those things were featured so heavily that it dragged down an entire season.

Let's go back through the thread, and quote everyone complaining about those two plot points. I guarantee you those people will out number you 10:1. If you don't believe me, do it.

Not that it would matter really. You're obviously going to make excuses for this show no matter what they decide to do, so :yeshrug:

Fred.

Daps
Prior to season 3 neither of those things were featured so heavily that it dragged down an entire season.

Let's go back through the thread, and quote everyone complaining about those two plot points. I guarantee you those people will out number you 10:1. If you don't believe me, do it.

Not that it would matter really. You're obviously going to make excuses for this show no matter what they decide to do, so :yeshrug:

Fred.

:rudy:

The show opens with Margaret's pretentious holier than thou ass at a temperance meeting. Later she leads the bust of Nucky's St. Paddy Day parade. Then there were scenes with her getting advice from the head of the temperance league and her jealous neighbor, plus her going to BK to get shytted on by her brother etc. etc. It's been there since the beginning. Same with his simping...from Margaret to Gillian, Nuck just ain't hard on hoes, it is what it is :yeshrug:

And I ain't making excuses for shyt. I'd be happy if she died, but I'm not gonna bytch about it every fukking page.

I could give two shyts about your ratio of those who like her... if :hamster: was still up, you could go back and look at how many people bytched that the side characters (Capone, Lucky, Lansky, etc) didn't get enough time...and I agreed, but this show is about Nucky, so I'm not gonna bytch about that continually.

Get the fukk over it already.

Daps
Oh Jesus Christ, not this shyt again. :whoa:

I'm not gonna go through another a six page combat saying why. Just counter after counter, nah fukk that.

You don't agree, fine I get it but I agree with nikkas that say she is a bad character.

1056278-072TT1W.gif

I've been tryna move on from this since forever, but nikkas just won't let it go :yeshrug:

No matter how much y'all high-five each other and play rating angles and question her target audience, she still ain't going anywhere.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
did it hit hard for any other white guys here during the scene where the black guy was two handing his FLACCID dikk while pissing on the car

you know when he turned and faced Capone, Al was at a loss for words and realized he was ashamed of his own manhood

i am by no means small but i know my role and i refuse to have a dikk pic competition with a old southern dark black guy like that i dont feel like going 0-99

no homo

great season IMO even when it was boring it all came together. i cant wait till next season

:laff:

Vintage Eclectic

Lord of the Sky
Daps
Reppin
Chi-York

no homo

:stop::scusthov:

Glad I'm black though:heh:

Urbanmiracle

Brooklyn the planet...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn son
Watching the post episodes comments I think Margret is effectively written out of the show. With the actress pregnant for real and in the show having the abortion, I think it's over for margret atleast next season. Nucky is transforming into more of the low key in the shadows type gangster like his peers. No more wild parties with real gold baubles. Even in his last scene, he takes the rose off to blend in better after some jack ass calls his name out loudly. Before he would have greeted him. Now, it's time to have those layers to insulate himself.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I've been tryna move on from this since forever, but nikkas just won't let it go :yeshrug:

No matter how much y'all high-five each other and play rating angles and question her target audience, she still ain't going anywhere.

I was one of the people to acknowledge that shyt homie. Hell you even quoted a post where I said so.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
This is the problem when cacs from Missouri try to be more hip hop by using terms like simping.

Nucky, for being a gangster, is a soft dude. His speech to Margaret, that took up 3 or 4 minutes, made sense in the context of his character; he basically does everything by conventional morality and only wrongs people who wrong him, he never really does anything grimy or unjustified. That he would want to save women or have a soft spot for them makes sense; he doesn't really have the morals of a gangster.

The show tries to be more than your fantasy of killing and being a boss for an hour, it does try to capture the time of the 20's a lot. The storyline with Margaret took up about gave a perspective on women and abortion at the time, giving more of a picture of the time period.

This episode delivered some superman shyt, but you'll probably need to watch something like Breaking Bad, where the "everyman" stand-in Walt is cocky and talks shyt to meth dealers who deal in 8 figures. For that type of thing there's a lot of other shows out there.
whats funny is, that freds the most hip hop dude in this entire forum. :heh:

:ufdup:

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
The last couple of eps made up for the subpar first half of this season. Loved how Harrow went in there with guns blazing. But i didn't like how Gyp went out. It should have been more dramatic than that.