Boardwalk Empire Season 3 (Premieres Sunday 9/16) Trailer

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I watched the first season and parts of the second....I never read the books... My bad if she isn't the dragon lady... But there is nothing about the context of the show that wouldn't allow her to grow unicorn horns or turn into a half wolf woman in the coming seasons.. My point is its fantasy and entertainment while Boardwalk is a historical based character study... To expect the same thing out of every show is unreasonable...

The fact that Margaret is boring, unlikable and annoying is fine with me because thats HER.. There are millions of boring and unlikable people walking the earth...That's why its called art.. It's an imitation of life (which is filled mundane unlikeable and uneventiful people and occurances)

People say its not "good tv"...Well in my opinion tv isn't good art....

I realize I'm in the minority and my thought process is probably "bad for business"...

Yeah it is bad for business since these shows usually survive on the reception they get. That's why you can't have boring pointless characters running around dragging down most episodes which is what Margaret's storyline did this season. Oh I can't use GoT because of it's fantasy background? Then what about the show Rome and Deadwood? Both are also historical pieces like BE yet I've never had any problem watching their female characters they are just written better than Margaret and are more entertaining.

Keep talking this "art" bullshyt. The writers clearly dropped the ball on Margaret, breh. :yeshrug:

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
heres some info about the last episode if yall wanna read, not really anything that will ruin the episode imo, but ill put in spoilers anyway. from Michael Ausiello from tv line.com

Question: Seriously, dude, what’s up with TVLine snubbing Boardwalk Empire? Give us some scoops on the finale, please. Is Kelly Macdonald (Margaret) gonna be in it? —Diego Ausiello: One person’s snub is another person’s there’s a lot of TV to cover so cut me some freakin’ slack. Having said that, I’m loving Boardwalk Empire this season and I feel a little rotten for not writing about it more. Let me begin making it up to you by A) confirming that yes, Margaret will be in Sunday’s crackling finale (during which she makes two pivotal, life-altering decisions), and B) warning you that the episode contains one of the most disturbing televised sex scenes I have ever seen. (And I saw Hannah’s parents go at it in the shower last May on Girls.)

Question: Anything on Boardwalk Empire‘s season finale? RIP Owen. —Nina
Ausiello: There will be blood. Lots of blood. (And we’re so on the same page regarding Owen. A more devastating loss than Jimmy, IMHO.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
heres some info about the last episode if yall wanna read, not really anything that will ruin the episode imo, but ill put in spoilers anyway. from Michael Ausiello from tv line.com

Question: Seriously, dude, what’s up with TVLine snubbing Boardwalk Empire? Give us some scoops on the finale, please. Is Kelly Macdonald (Margaret) gonna be in it? —Diego Ausiello: One person’s snub is another person’s there’s a lot of TV to cover so cut me some freakin’ slack. Having said that, I’m loving Boardwalk Empire this season and I feel a little rotten for not writing about it more. Let me begin making it up to you by A) confirming that yes, Margaret will be in Sunday’s crackling finale (during which she makes two pivotal, life-altering decisions), and B) warning you that the episode contains one of the most disturbing televised sex scenes I have ever seen. (And I saw Hannah’s parents go at it in the shower last May on Girls.)

Question: Anything on Boardwalk Empire‘s season finale? RIP Owen. —Nina
Ausiello: There will be blood. Lots of blood. (And we’re so on the same page regarding Owen. A more devastating loss than Jimmy, IMHO.

:fuccs:

i bet gyp get rigamortis and Gillien keeps going. :to:

Suicide King

#OldBlack
Daps
I watched the first season and parts of the second....I never read the books... My bad if she isn't the dragon lady... But there is nothing about the context of the show that wouldn't allow her to grow unicorn horns or turn into a half wolf woman in the coming seasons.. My point is its fantasy and entertainment while Boardwalk is a historical based character study... To expect the same thing out of every show is unreasonable...

The fact that Margaret is boring, unlikable and annoying is fine with me because thats HER.. There are millions of boring and unlikable people walking the earth...That's why its called art.. It's an imitation of life (which is filled mundane unlikeable and uneventiful people and occurances)

People say its not "good tv"...Well in my opinion tv isn't good art....

I realize I'm in the minority and my thought process is probably "bad for business"...

Margaret is pretty much one dimensional, and we are 3 seasons deep her story line never really took off. But I can't take these dudes seriously, because they calling the season weak based on one weak character or because of the show's pace. I liked every episode this season, the show has always been slow paced. These guys want non-stop action, that Breaking Bad stan even said they should have start the season with non-stop action, with Nucky on the run. :snoop:

These guys really want the writers not to lay down the groundwork? The writers can't get away from developing the story considering how much history is involved. You got Chicago, NY, NJ, and Philly in the mix, and it doesn't feel forced, everything flows pretty nicely. I'm impressed by how they pulled it off.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Margaret is pretty much one dimensional, and we are 3 seasons deep her story line never really took off. But I can't take these dudes seriously, because they calling the season weak based on one weak character or because of the show's pace. I liked every episode this season, the show has always been slow paced. These guys want non-stop action, that Breaking Bad stan even said they should have start the season with non-stop action, with Nucky on the run. :snoop:

These guys really want the writers not to lay down the groundwork? The writers can't get away from developing the story considering how much history is involved. You got Chicago, NY, NJ, and Philly in the mix, and it doesn't feel forced, everything flows pretty nicely. I'm impressed by how they pulled it off.

You are the exact kind of person I was talking about in this post:

Margret is not interesting. Nucky for most of the season ain't been interesting. This is a massive problem considering these two anchor the rest of the cast.

As far as all that other shyt....here's the problem. Their target demographic ain't females....it never was. So even if you could argue, "they wrote that Margret shyt for females", they failed because they lost viewers in the process. This season ain't been as well received critically, as 1 or 2 either.

This board is like the twilight zone though. A handful of people still want to act like nothing is wrong, and everyone is "hating" on this season. Or not smart enough to understand it, which is :heh:

Meanwhile the show's ratings have dropped since the second ep this season, to the lowest in the series history. We're hating though. :stopitslime:

The type of shyt people are dismissing as hating, is what HBO pays attention to. They don't care about fan boys, they got you regardless

Fred.

Fred.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Ratings, are we really talking about ratings? This is really sad.

Why can't he talk about ratings? When they're low and with a huge budget shows get killed like that. Better shows have been murdered prematurely for the threat of lukewarm reception.

Daps

See, I find the stories in Chicago and New York to be much more compelling and I wish they got more screen time...but I'm not gonna spend all day bytching about it.

Niccas don't like Margaret's character and that's OK but to continually bytch about it serves no purpose. Either stop watching or accept it.

Daps
Why can't he talk about ratings? When they're low and with a huge budget shows get killed like that. Better shows have been murdered prematurely for the threat of lukewarm reception.

This is the network that kept Treme on for four seasons :comeon:

Suicide King

#OldBlack
Daps
See, I find the stories in Chicago and New York to be much more compelling and I wish they got more screen time...but I'm not gonna spend all day bytching about it.

Niccas don't like Margaret's character and that's OK but to continually bytch about it serves no purpose. Either stop watching or accept it.

I think they really tried with Margaret.

Van Alden, Harrow, Chalky, Gillian, Gaston Means and even Billy Kent were better received than her.

Next season will be interesting, especially if she passes off the baby as Nucky's, it would shake things up a lot in Nucky's world. But since the beginning, she has been 1.5 out of 5 stars. She doesn't annoy me, but it's the pattern for these folks on the internet to go overboard.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
This is the network that kept Treme on for four seasons :comeon:

I should also add that I tried Treme and didn't find it my type but the show is embraced by a lot of folks. There's also the fact that it's budget isn't ambitious which can factor on keeping it on the air. If the budget was grand and the reception wasn't in a House or Lost kind of level than I'm sure it would have gotten the axe.

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth

Rome got the axe despite being popular. Peeps behind the cancellation even said they regretted that shyt after seeing the DVD sales.

You seem like just an arguing for the sake of being argumentative azz n1gga

:krs: