Boardwalk Empire Season 3 (Premieres Sunday 9/16) Trailer

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
By that logic why ain't I hating on "Homeland"? I mean....let's be real here. That show beat out "Breaking Bad" in every category at the Emmys, yet I'm in there every week with little to no criticism, and tell new people to check it out. Why? Because it's a good show.

This season of this show just ain't been good.

Fred.

Okay fair enough...Then it seems you are just more into faster paced action dramas than character study...

The fact that you have more criticism of this season of BWE than Homeland lets me know that we have different tastes...

I can write a synopsis on the plot holes, character inconsistencies and overall bullshyt that has occured in season 2 of Homeland...Dana Brody is everybit as loathsome as Margaret... And the hit and run plot is straight out of the 80's daytime soap opera playbook....

But to each their own :manny:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Whats odd about Fred is that the show he stans the most (BB) arguably has the most flaws of any of these cable shows.

But he dismisses that because "Breaking Bad wasn't grounded in reality to begin with."....:rudy:

If I was complaining about this show being unrealistic you might have a point. I've given fact based reasons why this season fell off, which is reflected in the show hemorrhaging viewers and receiving less praise than previous seasons.

If "Breaking Bad" has the same problems in the final 8 eps, definitely call me out on it. :yeshrug:

Fred.

Family Man

Banned
Daps
Whatever man and it's just bad character writing on their part. My argument is that a female character can still be hated but still enjoyable to watch to men and women alike. For example Cersei Lannister from Game of Thrones. bytch to the core with qualities in a female most coli nikkas would balk at but she is entertaining to watch and many look forward to what she will do next. I know I do and that's female a I'm pretty sure I'd never want to meet.

Why the fukk can't Margaret be like that?

Margaret Schroeder is just boring and hate worthy = Bad TV. Dudes shouldn't have to feel like skipping her parts. We just don't care about her.

I'm not asking for hard body or ride or die females all the time I'm just saying keep these broads enjoyable for BOTH sexes that watch the show no matter what goddamn...
I stopped watching this show a about halfway through season one because of her and that creepy cop. shyt show.

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
If I was complaining about this show being unrealistic you might have a point. I've given fact based reasons why this season fell off, which is reflected in the show hemorrhaging viewers and receiving less praise than previous seasons.

If "Breaking Bad" has the same problems in the final 8 eps, definitely call me out on it. :yeshrug:

Fred.

My dude, BB already has the inconsistency that u criticize shows like Dexter, BWE, Homeland etc. for having. Ur hypocrisy is on full display when it comes to ur favorite show, thats my point...we all see it :lolbron:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Okay fair enough...Then it seems you are just more into faster paced action dramas than character study...

The fact that you have more criticism of this season of BWE than Homeland lets me know that we have different tastes...

I can write a synopsis on the plot holes, character inconsistencies and overall bullshyt that has occured in season 2 of Homeland...Dana Brody is everybit as loathsome as Margaret... And the hit and run plot is straight out of the 80's daytime soap opera playbook....

But to each their own :manny:

Not necessarily. For example I love "The Wire". Outside of season 5 I have basically zero complaints about it.

Here's the thing. Everything you said about season 2 of "Homeland" is true. I've mentioned a couple of those things myself.

Despite that, it's still better than this season of "Boardwalk".

Fred.

Suicide King

#OldBlack
Daps
My dude, BB already has the inconsistency that u criticize shows like Dexter, BWE, Homeland etc. for having. Ur hypocrisy is on full display when it comes to ur favorite show, thats my point...we all see it :lolbron:

BB accomplished a lot, considering they write for 3 or 4 characters per episode, and had the same storyline for 2 & 1/2 seasons.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

I'm gonna keep this simple because I don't want this to turn into another "Breaking Bad" thread.

Whatever complaints you can make against "BB" obviously aren't enough to impact the show in any kind of meaningful way.

Season 5 was well received by both fans and critics. It's ratings have continued to grow as well.

The same cannot be said for season 3 of this show.

You're basically saying I should shyt on "BB" for the same reasons I'm shytting on this show, correct? But wait....no one else is.

I guess they're all hypocritical "BB" stans too. :yeshrug:

Fred.

merklman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
N17
Who you think dies? (The sacrifice)

You must've missed how weak Nucky's crew is right now. Plus his already weak crew was spread thin with Owen sent to NY (and killed), Eli sent to Chicago, and Mickey sent to Pennsylvania.

Yeah, most of Nuckys henchmen got wiped out at Tabor Heights trying to make that delivery

Still@it

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this man hexagram can't help but find flaws in everything. some people just got a negative disposition about things, even if they're well-versed and articulate.

i find his analysis to be often insightful but mostly annoying :ehh:

Hexagram is a 5ft tall, insecure puzzy azz fakkit who likes to act like he knows sh1t but in reality is just another loser who likes to rain on peoples parade cause he is a bitter, friendless waste of space. Just ignore him like the rest of the people on here do...

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Hexagram is a 5ft tall, insecure puzzy azz fakkit who likes to act like he knows sh1t but in reality is just another loser who likes to rain on peoples parade cause he is a bitter, friendless waste of space. Just ignore him like the rest of the people on here do...
Wow all that just cause he has a different opinion than you :wtf:

Still@it

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wow all that just cause he has a different opinion than you :wtf:

No...Im just being harsh cause this dude always has to come in and try to spoil the vibe on purpose. This episode was amazing! Most people come in here to talk about what they like about the show....but not this annoying fukk hexagram...He always has to talk about BB or why the show isnt like blah,blah,blah,..
Its like...Why do you constantly post in a thread about a show just to complain about and ruin the vibe of the discussion?
After such agreat episode..to come in here and have to skip thru all this annoying nonsense from this cornball and I felt like I should speak my mind...
Did take it a little too far but so b:yeshrug:e it...I was annoyed

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I watched the first season and parts of the second....I never read the books... My bad if she isn't the dragon lady... But there is nothing about the context of the show that wouldn't allow her to grow unicorn horns or turn into a half wolf woman in the coming seasons.. My point is its fantasy and entertainment while Boardwalk is a historical based character study... To expect the same thing out of every show is unreasonable...

The fact that Margaret is boring, unlikable and annoying is fine with me because thats HER.. There are millions of boring and unlikable people walking the earth...That's why its called art.. It's an imitation of life (which is filled mundane unlikeable and uneventiful people and occurances)

People say its not "good tv"...Well in my opinion tv isn't good art....

I realize I'm in the minority and my thought process is probably "bad for business"...
:stopitslime:BE is not a character study. 60% of the plot would have to be thrown in the bushes to make this a character study. I don't even think its even possible to make a one hour drama into a character study.

trollol

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Who you think dies? (The sacrifice)

You must've missed how weak Nucky's crew is right now. Plus his already weak crew was spread thin with Owen sent to NY (and killed), Eli sent to Chicago, and Mickey sent to Pennsylvania.

masseria sacrifices gyp for peace

and i hate to say it, but harrow's arc is about done