Boardwalk Empire Season 3 (Premieres Sunday 9/16) Trailer

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
If he was such a bad ass, he woulda got by Chalky and killed Nucky. It was clear Nucky was there, especially after Chalky wouldn't let him in...so either he's an idiot or he's a hoe...or both.

And Masseria stays winning his hoe ass.

Gyp only prey's on the weak.[/QUOTE]

TRUTH. Gyp preys on the weak and the way he "but but..." bytched up during that talk with Massearia when Mass was giving the go to sign to his goons to do away with the trash shows he's really a bytch on the inside.

Not to mention the way he, when he thoguht no one was looking, started crying to God at the Church.

With that being said, he is def not the most bad ass villian, but one of the most? :leon:

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
i dont respect him

because he had that bytch choking him David Carradine style :scusthov: i aint forget that

frankly i think hes funny and really swell and all but he aint a top villain imo

charmander

Alhamdulillah
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Icey HawkSet ByrdGang
i dont be in this thread too much, and hexagram is my dude

but it is kinda annoying how everytime i come in here i see him shytting on the show just because there's no one dying every episode and Margaret is unlikeable

then you gotta go through pages of him arguing his point against a bunch of dudes who think different, then they mention Breaking Bad or some other show and it transforms into some whole other shyt

this season has been great to me, sure margaret's subplots have been dumb and overall she isn't a great character...but there's been so much other piff this season that i don't even mind so much, sometimes her segments are a necessary break from the meat of the story

it isnt like Harrow's story has been that enthralling since he shot Manny, Gillian had an entire ridiculous sequence about tricking some Jimmy lookalike into fukking her for a weekend and killing him, Van Alden and his Riiiiiicooooolaaaaaa wife weren't doing shyt for most of the season

to me this season is Nucky's; his spin out of control, his overindulgence, his isolation, his lowest possible moments and his eventual rise back to power...and on that end, it's been a fulfilling season

comparing it to other shows in here is futile and meaningless, and you don't have to constantly deride this show to make another you like more look better, especially when those shows suffer from many of the same inconsistencies, plotholes, bland and unlikeable characters, unnecessary and trivial subplots, and general fukkery that you constantly point out in here

it's more or less cluttering the thread for people who actually want to discuss it, which is part of the reason why i don't really post in here (another reason being spoilers)

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:why: at ratings don't matter.

By that logic, why did "The Wire" face cancellation half it's run time? Why is "Treme" getting cancelled after 36 eps?

If people don't think ratings matter they're out of their minds. Especially on a show with a massive budget like "Boardwalk". $65 million per season to keep the show on the air, and ratings don't matter? :comeon:

That's what I don't get. Do you guys want this shyt to get cancelled or to have a shortened final season? If the answer is "no", then them losing a million fukking viewers between season 2 and 3 should matter on some level to you.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

but it is kinda annoying how everytime i come in here i see him shytting on the show just because there's no one dying every episode and Margaret is unlikeable

then you gotta go through pages of him arguing his point against a bunch of dudes who think different, then they mention Breaking Bad or some other show and it transforms into some whole other shyt

this season has been great to me, sure margaret's subplots have been dumb and overall she isn't a great character...but there's been so much other piff this season that i don't even mind so much, sometimes her segments are a necessary break from the meat of the story

it isnt like Harrow's story has been that enthralling since he shot Manny, Gillian had an entire ridiculous sequence about tricking some Jimmy lookalike into fukking her for a weekend and killing him, Van Alden and his Riiiiiicooooolaaaaaa wife weren't doing shyt for most of the season

to me this season is Nucky's; his spin out of control, his overindulgence, his isolation, his lowest possible moments and his eventual rise back to power...and on that end, it's been a fulfilling season

comparing it to other shows in here is futile and meaningless, and you don't have to constantly deride this show to make another you like more look better, especially when those shows suffer from many of the same inconsistencies, plotholes, bland and unlikeable characters, unnecessary and trivial subplots, and general fukkery that you constantly point out in here

it's more or less cluttering the thread for people who actually want to discuss it, which is part of the reason why i don't really post in here (another reason being spoilers)

Sorry breh. :salute:

Fred.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Nice, I looked it up. A show that spoofs cop dramas like Luther? :ooh:

I wondered what he was doing after his time in Spartacus. I'm gonna look for a download now.

Hes been a regular on Damages, since Spartacus.

Not sure if it spoofs Luther (as I've only watched S1 and ep1 of S2 holding off till the new season starts), most likely it does. I did watch it when I was :smoker: But the puns and timing of the jokes :lawd: They do spoof alot of British shows, but quite alot of the jokes are universal so it wont be so :what: to you

As for Touch of Cloth theres only 2 eps so far online and then they doin 2 more for next year and 2 more will follow that. Kind of pissed it was a 2 part series :upsetfavre: but hey thats the majority of UK tv shows 6 eps or less

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Am i the only one who has gotten enjoyment out of the Margaret character? The episodes where she was knowingly putting herself in the middle of the criminal underworld to protect Nuck were some of my favorite scenes on the show. I was ecstatic to see her temporarily show that side when Nucky was getting ready for his meeting with the other bosses. Who is a stronger female character on this show than her?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Am i the only one who has gotten enjoyment out of the Margaret character? The episodes where she was knowingly putting herself in the middle of the criminal underworld to protect Nuck were some of my favorite scenes on the show. I was ecstatic to see her temporarily show that side when Nucky was getting ready for his meeting with the other bosses. Who is a stronger female character on this show than her?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Van Alden's wifey.

Fred.

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
:why: at ratings don't matter.

By that logic, why did "The Wire" face cancellation half it's run time? Why is "Treme" getting cancelled after 36 eps?

If people don't think ratings matter they're out of their minds. Especially on a show with a massive budget like "Boardwalk". $65 million per season to keep the show on the air, and ratings don't matter? :comeon:

That's what I don't get. Do you guys want this shyt to get cancelled or to have a shortened final season? If the answer is "no", then them losing a million fukking viewers between season 2 and 3 should matter on some level to you.Fred.

How many of those million viewers do you think cancelled their HBO subscription?

Be honest...

It's really not a complicated process to comprehend...

The millions of people that watch True Blood pay for Boardwalk Empire whether they watch it or not.. You keep trying to make this false equivalency with network television.. It doesn't matter if you watch Treme or not.. Because if you want to watch Real Sports or Curb Your Enthusiasm you are gonna pay for the production of their show..That's how subscription based television works...

It's not that ratings don't matter at all... It's just that it's not the determining factor like it usually is on ad revenue based TV...

You really don't have a clue what you're talking about here....Which was apparent earlier when you brought up the 18-49 male demographic as their main focus (something that premium paid channels could care less about)...

Another source from a 3rd party since you guys keep thinking I have a reason to lie to you....

I notice you guys sometimes post the 18-49 ratings for HBO. But it doesn't make sense to me that HBO would care about the advertising demographics at all. They don't sell advertising and it doesn't make sense that they would care how old their subscribers are. Does HBO really care about this number? Why do you post them?

Frank L.

San Antonio, TX

TV Guide said:
Good question. The short answer is "no" and the longer answer is "no, but." The same holds true for Showtime and Starz, which like HBO are premium subscription services that don't sell advertising.
Rest assured that if HBO found a show that lured 5 million new subscribers over the age of 50 without alienating a lot of its subscribers under 50, it would not care if the show pulled a 0.0 rating with adults 18-49. As you note, HBO doesn't sell advertising and is focused on is paying subscribers. As long as you're paying, HBO doesn't care how old you are.The 18-49 number can be an indicator for HBO of how DVD sales will go and factors in when it comes to how much HBO can license shows internationally and to other networks in the future.

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown

:to: that's my Char