Boardwalk Empire Season 3 (Premieres Sunday 9/16) Trailer

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
the trailer for the finale includes that shot of nucky right before the blast went off on the boardwalk. makes me think the billy kent storyline will be worked into the fabric somehow.

anyone else wish james gandolfini at least had a cameo on this show? too many narrative and personnel connections to not do this at some point. if it gets to 5 seasons and he hasn't shown up, i'll be disappointed.
:what::wtf:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps

James Gandolfini is a New Jersey native. I think horse is trying to say because of his tenure as Tony Soprano an NJ mobster, James should make an appearance as a fictional character at some point in this show.

I'm also surprised he hasn't passed through as well.

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
:aicmon:

That's a weak ass excuse. The writers need to figure out how to properly make these female characters fit, stay relevant, and entertaining to both sexes that watch the show regardless of the female character type/alignment/traits. Extremely annoying irrational and boring storylines is bad fukking TV so I'm clearing all these "nerds" in here. Jemma, Margaret, Betty, and Skyler deserves all the hate they get.

Joss Whedon's (a self proclaimed feminist btw) had shows like Angel and Buffy (which had a huge female audience) have female characters that were liked a lot by the male and female audiences. If Whedon can cater female characters to both genders why can't Winter do the same for Boardwalk?

My point is it's only irrational and boring to you....I think they know what they're doing...

The fact that you hate and are annoyed by these women is usually the intent....

:scusthov: @ any man that loves Buffy or Angel...

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
I don't have the numbers on hand for "Mad Men", "SOA", or "Breaking Bad", but female viewers have never out numbered males on "Boardwalk". Their core audience is 18-49 year old males. And ratings have been down this season from 1 and 2. So I dunno who they're writing Nucky simping or Margret hoeing around for. They're losing viewers catering to whatever fanbase they think wants to see that.

Fred.
Well the fact that they are on the same time as Sunday Night Football every week makes me think thats not really their biggest priority....

:manny:

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
James Gandolfini is a New Jersey native. I think horse is trying to say because of his tenure as Tony Soprano an NJ mobster, James should make an appearance as a fictional character at some point in this show.

I'm also surprised he hasn't passed through as well.
He making movies with Brad Pitt, if he comes back it would be as a cameo or a guy on Nuckys level.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill

terence winter created this show. it takes place in new jersey. steve buscemi was on the sopranos. nucky and tony both started as likeable gangsters and descended or have descended into highly intolerable people by actions (nucky murkin the kid in the house, tony killing chris) and temperament (both alienate themselves over time by being dikkheads to those who have their backs)

they've even both had superman moments. nucky with the shotty wasn't reminiscent of tony fighting off the hitmen in his car?

sorry for baffling you bro

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
HBO just brought in the big guns for Season 4. They hired Dennis Lehane (big time book author and former writer of THE WIRE) and George Pelecanos (Former showrunner/writer of THE WIRE) to script Season 4 of Boardwalk Empire.

Thank God. These fools can write and will hopefully clean up the weak Margaret story lines and focus on all the gangsta shyt that should be going on in the series next year.

http://www.bostonherald.com/track/inside_track/view.bg?articleid=10611 77571

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
terence winter created this show. it takes place in new jersey. steve buscemi was on the sopranos. nucky and tony both started as likeable gangsters and descended or have descended into highly intolerable people by actions (nucky murkin the kid in the house, tony killing chris) and temperament (both alienate themselves over time by being dikkheads to those who have their backs)

they've even both had superman moments. nucky with the shotty wasn't reminiscent of tony fighting off the hitmen in his car?

sorry for baffling you bro

Is Scorcese still involved in an executive role? I'm still holding out hope for a Pesci, Deniro or Frank Vincent cameo...

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
HBO just brought in the big guns for Season 4. They hired Dennis Lehane (big time book author and former writer of THE WIRE) and George Pelecanos (Former showrunner/writer of THE WIRE) to script Season 4 of Boardwalk Empire.

Thank God. These fools can write and will hopefully clean up the weak Margaret story lines and focus on all the gangsta shyt that should be going on in the series next year.

http://www.bostonherald.com/track/inside_track/view.bg?articleid=10611 77571

That's never gonna happen breh.. Especially with writers from The Wire.. They were always more paced and nuanced with their story lines...

If yall want to watch sh1t blow up with a bunch of cool one liners HBO probably isn't the network for you generally speaking...24 is always on Netflix...

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
:aicmon:

That's a weak ass excuse. The writers need to figure out how to properly make these female characters fit, stay relevant, and entertaining to both sexes that watch the show regardless of the female character type/alignment/traits. Extremely annoying irrational and boring storylines is bad fukking TV so I'm clearing all these "nerds" in here. Jemma, Margaret, Betty, and Skyler deserves all the hate they get.

Joss Whedon's (a self proclaimed feminist btw) had shows like Angel and Buffy (which had a huge female audience) have female characters that were liked a lot by the male and female audiences. If Whedon can cater female characters to both genders why can't Winter do the same for Boardwalk?

is there supposed to be any likeable females on this show though ?
they are all triflin and mostly blame what they became what they are because they are mixed up with these sort of men which would leave most people who watch it like :childplease:

Jimmy's wife....undercover dyke and a cheat, Jimmy's mom she's been fukked up in the head since a teenager and especially Margaret especially isnt supposed to be likable.

she got her come up and din't think she'd change, but she did..she didn't like that so tried to be a good Samaritan only for her to go and have an affair and then use the double standard shyt when she found out Nucky was having one too.. her brother said she was a bad seed etc.

so far, Van Alden's european wife is probably the most liked female on the show.
the fact that she got the least screen time and is ride or die and is probably why.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Is Scorcese still involved in an executive role? I'm still holding out hope for a Pesci, Deniro or Frank Vincent cameo...

i think he is, i seem to recall winter saying he goes through each episode with scorcese before production, can't find a link though. maybe that was just the first season.

surprised frank vincent isn't just a recurring actor, to be honest. makes me think winter is trying to distance himself from the sopranos with all due respect. it's buscemi's first big lead role, so he probably would prefer that icons like deniro and pesci stay away. just my speculation, really.

excited for pelecanos next season.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's never gonna happen breh.. Especially with writers from The Wire.. They were always more paced and nuanced with their story lines...

If yall want to watch sh1t blow up with a bunch of cool one liners HBO probably isn't the network for you generally speaking...24 is always on Netflix...

You misunderstood my statement. What I really meant was the writing will be much better. I don't care about pace. i want better story lines. That's what these guys will bring to the table. HBO is my favorite network.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
My point is it's only irrational and boring to you....I think they know what they're doing...

The fact that you hate and are annoyed by these women is usually the intent....

:scusthov: @ any man that loves Buffy or Angel...

Whatever man and it's just bad character writing on their part. My argument is that a female character can still be hated but still enjoyable to watch to men and women alike. For example Cersei Lannister from Game of Thrones. bytch to the core with qualities in a female most coli nikkas would balk at but she is entertaining to watch and many look forward to what she will do next. I know I do and that's female a I'm pretty sure I'd never want to meet.

Why the fukk can't Margaret be like that?

Margaret Schroeder is just boring and hate worthy = Bad TV. Dudes shouldn't have to feel like skipping her parts. We just don't care about her.

I'm not asking for hard body or ride or die females all the time I'm just saying keep these broads enjoyable for BOTH sexes that watch the show no matter what goddamn...