Boardwalk Empire Season 3 (Premieres Sunday 9/16) Trailer

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
Sorry. Not plot hole. But a logic hole. They built up Nucky had control of the AC police throughout the series. So for there to be no police power under him is a questionable decision since they never explained it.
Gyp and his people took over the AC police even when he had the small group of men. he now has an army with him.

the police back then, in places like AC at least, were a joke. as you can see from what's happened to Luciano, shyt is different in NY.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought they explained in season 2 that Nucky had no more power over the police, after they locked up that fat corrupted cop, Nucky still has a lot of heat on him in the court of law having police protect him from a gangster in NY would raise a lot of questions Nuckys tryin to avoid all that

i can see that but not if nikkas is coming for his head blasting thru his door. just cause a cop gets arrested dont stop the corruption.remember he murked a dude the 1st episode im pretty sure there wasnt a thorough murder investigation

Daps
Margaret went from being self-righteous to a hypocrite to a ride-or-die chick to a guilt stricken mother. It might not make for good tv, but this is her story and its not as terrible as people try to say. I'm not really interested in how it turns out, but I feel the main reason her story line is struggling because it is at its best when it feeds off the her relationship with Nucky.

Exactly. I get that folks don't like her story, but how long is niccas gonna bytch about it?

Daps
i can see that but not if nikkas is coming for his head blasting thru his door. just cause a cop gets arrested dont stop the corruption.remember he murked a dude the 1st episode im pretty sure there wasnt a thorough murder investigation

It's one thing to convince a cop to look the other way....it's a whole other thing to convince cops to tool up on your behalf.

Nucky ain't the treasurer anymore and his brother ain't the chief, thus he doesn't control the police like that anymore. Plus, we've seen that Gyp came to town with a lot of cash.

Daps
I think they already did the Taxi Driver homage with the shootout at Gyp'd hideout earlier this season, when he walked out with the belt around his neck :kobedamn:

The way the camera pulled out of that scene felt a lot like TD

damm forgot about that one... still harrow had that travis bickle vibe to me

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
mercy, lord will you please have mercy, to people who come to threads just to hate on someone's opinion

trollol

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
capone bossing up in that last scene :win:

my prediction:

rothstein cuts a deal for lucky's freedom somehow

harrow clears out the whore house

gyp dies when masseria gives him up

nucky wins and chalky gets the club for season 4

and everything goes back to normal more or less in the end

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Am i the only one that thinks Harrow will dolo ether the whore house goons then hold the shotty to gillian like "tommy comes wit me" and shows her mercy then as he walks away she pop him in the head like kenard did omar

:sadcam:

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
where yall think eli and nucky are in next weeks preview when theyre walking up the stairs guns out? i would think the artemis club but if thats the case i would think richard would be with them too :leon:

why cant it be sunday :noah:

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Is it me or does anyone else wonder what the big deal is about Gyp and his crew? They're just a gang from out of town.. maybe I'm thinkin' in today's terms but if a gang from another town is comin' in to start shyt they get shot up by the local crews -point blank. It didn't look like Gyp had anymore men/guns than Chalky's crew.

Don't get me wrong that was a good episode but they makin' it seem like Gyp is rollin' deep on some
army-march1.jpg
shyt. But he only has a few dudes with him.

-even if he is backed by Messera in NY that don't mean shyt. I guess they basically got Gyp on some Omar Little shyt:manny:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
the trailer for the finale includes that shot of nucky right before the blast went off on the boardwalk. makes me think the billy kent storyline will be worked into the fabric somehow.

anyone else wish james gandolfini at least had a cameo on this show? too many narrative and personnel connections to not do this at some point. if it gets to 5 seasons and he hasn't shown up, i'll be disappointed.