Boardwalk Empire Season 3 (Premieres Sunday 9/16) Trailer

FlyGuy

pimp of the year
Daps
Reppin
tropicana
You completely ignored Andrew Mellon, who now has a stake in the bootlegging business and every reason to help Nucky stay alive. :snoop:

And everything you said about him "convincing" her to take down Remus can be applied to Gyp. Nucky has spent the last 2 seasons outsmarting people and/or using his political connects to resolve problems....the sole reason he's not doing that to Gyp is because they're trying to paint him as a gangster this season. I get why they're doing it but let's keep it 100.

Fred.

it's cause his peoples ain't fucckin with him like that homie was all :wrist: when it came to big face billie and he's been burning bridges

• Dap
Reactions: hex
Daps
You completely ignored Andrew Mellon, who now has a stake in the bootlegging business and every reason to help Nucky stay alive. :snoop:

And everything you said about him "convincing" her to take down Remus can be applied to Gyp. Nucky has spent the last 2 seasons outsmarting people and/or using his political connects to resolve problems....the sole reason he's not doing that to Gyp is because they're trying to paint him as a gangster this season. I get why they're doing it but let's keep it 100.

Fred.

I didn't ignore Mellon, I just didn't outline everything he did to make that Remus hit happen. Mellon just reiterates my point: He did a lot of political shuffling to get the heat off of himself and onto Remus. He is great at using his political wisdom to his advantage, but that doesn't mean he can do any and everything. Those aren't his friends, nor are they his employees. He can't send them to do anything. He can't call in favors to Rudolph. Harry Doughtery was much more of a "friend" and a guy who was actually indebted to Nuck to some degree, so he could call him for favors, and that was the guy who was gonna prosecute him!

Explain how he could convince Rudolph to take down Gyp in the same fashion. What political capital could he use in that situation? :stopitslime:

(And Mellon's not his personal bodyguard, he ain't laying out to protect Nucky, hell he won't even speak to him! Nucky's on his own as far as running his bootlegging operation...that was the deal. LOL @ you thinking he could call up Mellon for help dealing with a rival bootlegger :heh:)

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
r.plus the way gyp was breathing hard as hell afterwards.

I think he's usually breathing heavy when he flips out. He probably gets some kind of sexual pleasure from killing people. Sick character. I liked how they showed him at home getting sonned by his mom and his sisters, they turned him into an insecure psycopath

trollol

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
chalkys gonna kill gyp in exchange for the club... im calling it

ungrateful nuck gets bailed out once again by a better charcter, used to be jimmy, now itll be chalky

and brehs realize this show doesnt require deep analysis, its a pretty superficial affair

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People are acting like Luchiano and Lansky didn't sell him out. The plan was fine, it fell apart due to circumstances outside of his control.

I don't understand why Nucky is getting down on a street level with these people. He could've just sent Ms. Randolph and a few Fed goons down there and kicked Gyp out of Tabor Heights. Joe Masseria ain't gonna back him going to war against the U.S. government.

But if Nucky did that then there's no street war so :yeshrug:

Fred.

Lucky and Lansky were the connect Owen's partner mentioned at the start of the episode. They gave them the info on purpose to barter with Masseria, and to prove the value of their "friendship". Old school gangster shyt.

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
chalkys gonna kill gyp in exchange for the club... im calling it

ungrateful nuck gets bailed out once again by a better charcter, used to be jimmy, now itll be chalky

and brehs realize this show doesnt require deep analysis, its a pretty superficial affair

yeah thats what i was thinking

Suicide King

#OldBlack
Daps
I didn't ignore Mellon, I just didn't outline everything he did to make that Remus hit happen. Mellon just reiterates my point: He did a lot of political shuffling to get the heat off of himself and onto Remus. He is great at using his political wisdom to his advantage, but that doesn't mean he can do any and everything. Those aren't his friends, nor are they his employees. He can't send them to do anything. He can't call in favors to Rudolph. Harry Doughtery was much more of a "friend" and a guy who was actually indebted to Nuck to some degree, so he could call him for favors, and that was the guy who was gonna prosecute him!

Explain how he could convince Rudolph to take down Gyp in the same fashion. What political capital could he use in that situation? :stopitslime:

(And Mellon's not his personal bodyguard, he ain't laying out to protect Nucky, hell he won't even speak to him! Nucky's on his own as far as running his bootlegging operation...that was the deal. LOL @ you thinking he could call up Mellon for help dealing with a rival bootlegger :heh:)

I was wondering who was gonna do Nucky's dirty work, maybe the President himself since he owes Nucky a hundred favors. Or maybe the FBI, who eventually sends him to jail in 1941. Maybe they can send in Hank Schrader.

When Nucky had problems before he went to Rothstein, had Jimmy handle it, or took care of it himself. So its pure comedy that Nucky, who is not even in office now, could have a couple Federal agents go after his rivals anytime he wished.

If they kill Harrow, I would throw my TV across the room. I love how they are taking the time to develop his character.

Gyp just came on the scene and is having some of the best moments on HBO. That "your father came home smelling like fish" monologue gotta appear at the Emmys next year.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Anybody else catch a Wu-Tang moment when Margarette ran to Owen's body: "Iz he, Iz he dead.":skip:

All's well that ends well. :manny:

Now what's Nuck going to do with no right-hand man. :jawalrus:

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
But, Harrow little meeting earlier with Nuck went something like 'Jimmy caused his own demise.' So, why would Harrow help Nuck. He owes him nothing.