Boardwalk Empire Season 3 (Premieres Sunday 9/16) Trailer

Daps
did nucky and owen think it was really gonna be that easy to kill masseria tho? hes the most feared and powerful boss on the northeast, i mean they told every crime boss in the area of their motives. they just seemed real hunky dory about it, they thought they bout that life, but once nuck opened that box :whoa:

would be better off just having harrow snipe him out like in season one.

Honestly, it wasn't a bad plan, and it would've worked, but it was just some bad luck with Lucky and Meyer needing money for that heroine combined with AR being scared into doing nothing 'til the dust settles.

However, the underlined was very, very dumb.

People are acting like Luchiano and Lansky didn't sell him out. The plan was fine, it fell apart due to circumstances outside of his control.

I don't understand why Nucky is getting down on a street level with these people. He could've just sent Ms. Randolph and a few Fed goons down there and kicked Gyp out of Tabor Heights. Joe Masseria ain't gonna back him going to war against the U.S. government.

But if Nucky did that then there's no street war so :yeshrug:

Fred.

I agree the plan was fine if he just did it from the get, but after telling all the other major players in the business his intentions, he should've known better.

As far as the gov't, he doesn't have those guys wrapped around his fingers like that, what show are you watching? :heh:

I also agree with the sentiment that Gyp's crew is gonna turn on him. Not just the guy who's cuz he killed, but I think everyone is sick of the awkward unnecessary tension that Gyp brings at the smallest shyt. Most likely they've all been through it at some point working for him, so when the chance comes to flip on him, they will.

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
I swear, some of y'all need something blowing up, someone getting shot, stabbed or beat with a shovel in order to enjoy a show :snoop:

Yup. These nikkas do it for every show. They hate Breaking Bad when crazy shyt doesn't pop off. They hate The Walking Dead when zombies aren't chasing nikkas every 2 seconds.

It's disgusting. nikkas don't appreciate writing and dialogue no more, it's all about the michael bay scenes.

smARTmouf

Ascended Member
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
This nikka beat ol boy in the head with a shovel....while his body was submerged in the sand and only his head protruding out..

It really don't get any more gully than that...

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Honestly, it wasn't a bad plan, and it would've worked, but it was just some bad luck with Lucky and Meyer needing money for that heroine combined with AR being scared into doing nothing 'til the dust settles.

However, the underlined was very, very dumb.

I agree the plan was fine if he just did it from the get, but after telling all the other major players in the business his intentions, he should've known better.

As far as the gov't, he doesn't have those guys wrapped around his fingers like that, what show are you watching? :heh:

I also agree with the sentiment that Gyp's crew is gonna turn on him. Not just the guy who's cuz he killed, but I think everyone is sick of the awkward unnecessary tension that Gyp brings at the smallest shyt. Most likely they've all been through it at some point working for him, so when the chance comes to flip on him, they will.

What show are you watching? He already sent Ms. Randolph after Remus and is running the distillery of Andrew Mellon. He could approach either of those characters and say "there is illegal bootlegging going on in Tabor Heights" and it would be over. I understand they ain't gonna do that, because it would be boring and people want a war, but to act like it's beyond his power or impossible is :wtf:

EDIT:

And if you like Gaston Means, read #1 on this list:

http://www.cracked.com/article_20100_the-5-ballsiest-double-crosses-ever-pulled-off_p2.html

Fred.

havoc00

Pro
Daps
Yup. These nikkas do it for every show. They hate Breaking Bad when crazy shyt doesn't pop off. They hate The Walking Dead when zombies aren't chasing nikkas every 2 seconds.

It's disgusting. nikkas don't appreciate writing and dialogue no more, it's all about the michael bay scenes.

I enjoy the action scenes i need something to happen im not gonna invest 60 mins to a show when nothin fukking happens

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
Nucky didnt tell Meyer them that the hit was going down at the bath house....somebody dropped a dime...

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
loved this episode.. this, walking dead, homeland and dexter were all great last night

Daps
What show are you watching? He already sent Ms. Randolph after Remus and is running the distillery of Andrew Mellon. He could approach either of those characters and say "there is illegal bootlegging going on in Tabor Heights" and it would be over. I understand they ain't gonna do that, because it would be boring and people want a war, but to act like it's beyond his power or impossible is :wtf:

EDIT:

And if you like Gaston Means, read #1 on this list:

The 5 Ballsiest Double-Crosses Ever Pulled Off | Cracked.com

Fred.

He didn't send Rudolph to do anything, he's not her boss, she doesn't take orders from him. He used his political prowess/cunningest to convince her to take down a common enemy. And that took a great deal of effort and political capital. He had to prove his capabilities and everything.

She wanted no parts of Remus when he just offered him up as the biggest bootleger in the country, why would she give a fukk about a mid level gangster in Tabor Heights, NJ. She doesn't like Nucky, he cant just call up asking for favors, he'd have to have something to offer her, to get her to do anything for him again.

And :lolbron: at that Gaston Means shyt...I had read part of that story on wiki just a second ago.

Daps
Nucky didnt tell Meyer them that the hit was going down at the bath house....somebody dropped a dime...

Nah, but once Lucky told Joe that Nucky was even coming at him, he just had to beef up security protocols until Nucky struck.

Don't overthink it, it was Lucky and Meyer's tip that put Owen in that box

Suicide King

#OldBlack
Daps
I swear, some of y'all need something blowing up, someone getting shot, stabbed or beat with a shovel in order to enjoy a show :snoop:

This was a GREAT episode. Every single storyline was dope.

Y'all touched on most of 'em, so I just want to give a shout out to my new favorite character Gaston Means. I hope they keep him around next season, he's pure gold. This dude got 80 racks...for a murder he didn't even end up having to commit :dead:

Oh, and I have to speak on Owen. He was truly a "had a spark when you started..." character. Based on season 2, I was just sure he gonna be dope this season, but he proved to be just a hoe too concerned Margaret's cooch. I think most of knew he was a goner, so when it happened, I was glad it was over with

They covered a lot of ground this season, and introduced a lot of players.

For a lot of people story development is meaningless. The execution this season was brilliant, and all the pain they took to progress the story this season was damn good.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
He didn't send Rudolph to do anything, he's not her boss, she doesn't take orders from him. He used his political prowess/cunningest to convince her to take down a common enemy. And that took a great deal of effort and political capital. He had to prove his capabilities and everything.

She wanted no parts of Remus when he just offered him up as the biggest bootleger in the country, why would she give a fukk about a mid level gangster in Tabor Heights, NJ. She doesn't like Nucky, he cant just call up asking for favors, he'd have to have something to offer her, to get her to do anything for him again.

And :lolbron: at that Gaston Means shyt...I had read part of that story on wiki just a second ago.

You completely ignored Andrew Mellon, who now has a stake in the bootlegging business and every reason to help Nucky stay alive. :snoop:

And everything you said about him "convincing" her to take down Remus can be applied to Gyp. Nucky has spent the last 2 seasons outsmarting people and/or using his political connects to resolve problems....the sole reason he's not doing that to Gyp is because they're trying to paint him as a gangster this season. I get why they're doing it but let's keep it 100.

Fred.