Boardwalk Empire Season 3 (Premieres Sunday 9/16) Trailer

TRIPLE M

This is Where the Power Lies
Daps
Co-sign

-but then again they're twisting sh*t around a bit to their liking. Was Nucky actually boding cats up & bustin' triggers like that back in the day?

no,he never bodied anyone ,allegedly,..but theres elements of Nucky Johnson in his character

Marciano

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Luciano was a hot commodity, Masseria wanted him to work for him, along with Maranzano later down the road....but in the end, his loyalty still was with Lansky.

I really think a lot of famous names will be mentioned in passing or cameos. Dutch Schultz, somebody mentioned earlier, won't be coming up until the late 1920s. The same with a lot of NY mobsters that are infamous. I feel if the writers think those names have no connection to Nucky's business in Jersey, they probably won't make them key characters.

Sbp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Man I don't get this Gyp character at all. Early in the season he rolls into town with a big crew, killin' and slappin' up folks just for sayin' one wrong word to him, sits down with the big dogs- Rothstein and Nuck, sons the sh*t out of everyone in the room, takes over a small town that has the gas station and main road to NY, burns the sheriff up, jacks Nucky's shipment and kills his entire crew........

then they finally get at him when Seigle takes out about 3-4 of his dudes. He limps back to NY, we come to find out his muscle is small as f*ck, he has no dough, one suit, he stays with his mom & sisters in a small ass dirty shack- sh*t was so small when he stepped out that little ass bed room he was already in the kitchen. where in the f*ck is a the hallway at nicca :russ: he slaps up a priest and takes his loose change:rudy: then he begs Masserti for his life and come to find out he's disposable??? :mindblown: sh*t makes no sense. where's his money at? and forget all that "oh he stays with his sisters cause that's that Italian sh*t". :stopitslime: Italians like nice sh*t too

-on another note, what was the story with Luciano hangin' with Jews instead of his own kind anyways?

Lucky used to offer protection to jewish kids from gangs when he was a teenager plus he didnt believe in La Cosa Nostra he got money with whomever he could

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lucky used to offer protection to jewish kids from gangs when he was a teenager plus he didnt believe in La Cosa Nostra he got money with whomever he could
Exactly this gyp shyt makes no sense the writers fukked up with that he's too small time to have acted like he did
:heh:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Exactly this gyp shyt makes no sense the writers fukked up with that he's too small time to have acted like he did
:heh:

you have to be big time to talk shyt?? you don't get to be a boss by being timid and scared throughout the time of coming up the ranks.. this is how i see it......

gyp came from italy with his big family. started making noise for being a live wire and putting in that work. so the boss steps to him how he did lucky. you come work for me. now he's just an enforcer and given his spot to work out of. still paying up to the boss.

so when he went to nucky. that was probably for joe. get in on that, see what they are up to, get a steady order and i'll front the money. then that'll be your territory, bring me back 50k... keep 10k for yourself.. or something like that. basically he still a worker

so gyp goes down, kills people, insults people, takes over a town, and damn near starts a war. joe didn't tell him to do that.. he says as much at the meeting. and then says "i can't control you" saying you are a just a worker to do what i tell you. you can't even get that right so you gotta die

gyp being just a worker, someone who doesn't care, nor fear, or even like anybody not italian.... he brings this up "those people are starting up something without us (italians)" which joe still don't really care.. but gyp says he'll kill them all. well either he pulls it off, or he's killed in the process.. either way, joe wins cause he was gonna kill him anyway

i don't understand why people don't get this. this is all explained and talked about in simple words, looks and backstory.... or what most people call "the boring parts"

FlyGuy

pimp of the year
Daps
Reppin
tropicana
you have to be big time to talk shyt?? you don't get to be a boss by being timid and scared throughout the time of coming up the ranks.. this is how i see it......

gyp came from italy with his big family. started making noise for being a live wire and putting in that work. so the boss steps to him how he did lucky. you come work for me. now he's just an enforcer and given his spot to work out of. still paying up to the boss.

so when he went to nucky. that was probably for joe. get in on that, see what they are up to, get a steady order and i'll front the money. then that'll be your territory, bring me back 50k... keep 10k for yourself.. or something like that. basically he still a worker

so gyp goes down, kills people, insults people, takes over a town, and damn near starts a war. joe didn't tell him to do that.. he says as much at the meeting. and then says "i can't control you" saying you are a just a worker to do what i tell you. you can't even get that right so you gotta die

gyp being just a worker, someone who doesn't care, nor fear, or even like anybody not italian.... he brings this up "those people are starting up something without us (italians)" which joe still don't really care.. but gyp says he'll kill them all. well either he pulls it off, or he's killed in the process.. either way, joe wins cause he was gonna kill him anyway

i don't understand why people don't get this. this is all explained and talked about in simple words, looks and backstory.... or what most people call "the boring parts"

some people don't understand the concept of subtext.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Another wack ep. :dead: at people making excuses for the Gyp character. Dude was at the table with bosses in ep 1, and he's basically a nobody. I said that shyt made no sense then, and was hoping they'd explain it later. They never did, they made it worse by having him basically be a disposable goon that lives with his mom.

What the fukk happened to this show? Did some of the writers quit?

Fred.

TRIPLE M

This is Where the Power Lies
Daps
I wonder if any if their sets got destroyed during the hurricane since they do some filming there