Boardwalk Empire Season 3 (Premieres Sunday 9/16) Trailer

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
Gyp is an overly ambitious guy who will get that guap by any means necessary and back then there was no internet, tv, they didn't even have portable cameras...the sameway we were fooled the characters could of been fooled as well ;If you got the balls you can pull off whatever...

yeah it appears the posters in here forgot this. Gyp is a gangster and you don't get anywhere in that world if you don't make a move. Gyp made a move and failed. :yeshrug:

all posters making shyt up for the man just enjoy the story.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
And what episode was this at breh? Trust me I'm good at reading in-between the lines but you're adding sh*t to the story that's all assumption and was never shown on the screen. and never in the history of mob life has a small peon, broke peon at that, has sat down with the big bosses. Is he even a capo or lieutenant in the family?

He walts into Atlantic City slappin' people up, even killed a dude, sat down with the heavy weights and completely sh*tted on all of them something vicious, held up a small town and lit the sheriff on fire, jacked Nuck's and Rothstein's shipment and merked damn near the whole crew... but back in NY he only has one suit and lives in a dirty shack with his mom and sisters, broke as f*ck, robs a catholic church for loose change to give to Joe, then we find out he's a expendable nobody?? :mindblown::mindblown:

-you can't be f*ckin' serious... that's bad writing. He's the lowest of the lowest. He's on the corners. He's Wallace and Nymond from The Wire status. He can't sit down with the big dogs you guys know this!

yes i can be serious.. and let me tell you exactly where i got this from.

ok he said in his first lines he's from italy.. he speaks with what's supposed to be an italian accent. he says back in italy he lived in a cave.. now his whole family is here - immigrant from italy that never had shyt

the sit down with joe. he's brushing the fukk out of that suit. making sure everything is absolutely perfect. because he knows what's about to happen. like lefty leaving his watch when sonny called him in.

he goes to the meeting... obviously he ain't sitting there as a boss.. obviously he brings the boss pennies to pay off a debt.. so he can't possibly be a boss. - he's a worker

during this meeting the boss says "i can't control you" so again, he's working for the man. if he had to pay off his debt in pennies, and lives in that shytty house, then he obviously don't have 70k a month to buy that many bottles. and since he's paying off a debt to the boss... and rothstein says "he pays up to joe" i'm gonna have to say - he borrowed that money for the liquor

at the end of this meeting he goes off about "the jews, the micks and lucky are starting something and we ain't apart of it" he doesn't respect them cause they not italian. and lucky working with them so fukk him too. so yea, he'll go off on them at a meeting cause he don't respect them... at all.. so really what you gonna do about it cause fukk you, i'm gyp - he don't give a fukk

all that together is how i come up with this shyt. the writers ain't gonna do no 30 minute backstory on how he got there, why he's there, where's his money located, why why why. this ain't dexter, finding clues and making sure YOU know that he knows that its a murderer he's killing.

no, they say shyt in passing, or looks to each other, or little sentences here and there that you gotta pick out.. then come up with your own story and keep it moving. all you really need to know is "this guy is crazy and italian and italians don't fukk with outsiders" this is mob show/movie 293847293487192843732 do we really need a full backstory to understand that's what they are trying to convey

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Yes you can. Especially working for someone with his hands deep in your pockets (Joe) and if he mismanages his money or supports people back home. It's like Paulie from the Sopranos.

As far as why Joe sent Gyp: He likely didn't. Gyp did that (ironically through AR). Gyp kicks up to Joe. Just like the heroine venture you mention....Joe never sent Lucky/Meyer to any dealers or shyt like that. He just expects to be cut in, cuz he's Joe the Boss and this is his territory. Gyp, likely, got into bootleging, opened a few speakeasys and started kicking up to Joe. Once Joe got that taste, he expected that taste consistently, and if Gyp could no longer deliver, then he'd be replaced.

And Joe is tripping off that heroine for three reasons: 1) He's a greedy prick, 2) In his business it's important that EVERYONE kicks up to him, can't set a precedent of allowing someone not to kick up, 3) He's still annoyed that Lucky ain't running with him.

i was gonna bring that up too... even tony soprano didn't have that much money.. remember when he was gonna die.. they had like 500k liquid. paulie and them dudes had broke ass old houses and one old car. imagine paulie with 8 family members to take care of

he ran a crew with 5-8 people.. if anybody he'd be a lieutenant or something.. joe runs new york. there was only one other boss in ny at the time. they ran the whole thing and i'm sure northern jersey too. nobody wanted all out war with him. if he said he wanted a piece, he was getting it.. so to send gyp to meet with bosses, was like, who the fukk cares.. to joe, these dudes wasn't bosses in any sense of the word. just more money for him

but even he said he can't CONTROL gyp. which means at some point, while knowing he's crazy, he still thought he could control him and make him good.. the second he realized he fukked up sending him down there, he was ready to kill him right there. joe don't give a fukk

Daps
Gyp being a side character has nothing to do with anything. He's been the main antagonist this season, and the reason for half the problems on the show since he appeared. There should be some kinda explanation for how his character makes sense in the context of the story. You shouldn't have to make excuses for his actions, based on conjecture and guesses.

Why is this guy that lives with his mom, with basically zero clout or back-up, at the table insulting bosses and taking over a town with 5 guys? How is that even possible? The original excuse was "oh, he's Masseria's boy"....Masseria don't even like, respect, or endorse his actions.

What's funny is people swore Jimmy dying would ruin the show. I don't even think it's that. The writers just fell off.

Fred.

It's the middle of the season...the only reason people are offering up possible explanations is cuz you ADD niccas keep asking questions about random shyt. We just learned about his living situation last episode, who knows what we'll learn next episode.

If you're not gonna just allow the show to unfold and wanna speculate and analyze, you can't whine when folks offer up possible explanations to the questions/"holes" you bring up.

trollol

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I aint watch the post 2 episodes :dead:

I heard they were terrible

this season sucks

ive been saying this for a minute now... boardwalk is a 2nd rate show

too many plotholes & weak character development

wasted potential... how could they fukk up a show featuring some of the baddest mobsters of all time smh :snoop:

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
ive been saying this for a minute now... boardwalk is a 2nd rate show

too many plotholes & weak character development

wasted potential... how could they fukk up a show featuring some of the baddest mobsters of all time smh :snoop:

maybe its like the wire's second season :to:

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
my question is why do nigggas watch the show if all they gonna do is bittch about it?

Because it has a history of greatness, like top 3 show on tv type of history, you never know when genius is going to strike.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
my question is why do nigggas watch the show if all they gonna do is bittch about it?

:what:

Is this a serious question? No one watches it to bytch about it. The show was good for 2 seasons. This season it fell off. You're acting like we know which eps are gonna be wack before we watch them, but watch them anyway.

Fred.

FlyGuy

pimp of the year
Daps
Reppin
tropicana
Because it has a history of greatness, like top 3 show on tv type of history, you never know when genius is going to strike.

yeah but there's a difference between "wasn't feeling this episode like that hopefully next week things get more interesting" and ":snoop: this show fell the fukk off idk why they even doing this rip jimmy da gawd etc."

I was kinda disappointed when spongebob fell off but I ain't throw hissy fits and shiit I just moved on to other things I enjoyed

FlyGuy

pimp of the year
Daps
Reppin
tropicana
:what:

Is this a serious question? No one watches it to bytch about it. The show was good for 2 seasons. This season it fell off. You're acting like we know which eps are gonna be wack before we watch them, but watch them anyway.

Fred.

if it fell off stop watching it you wasting an hour of your own damn time just come on here at 10:00 sunday and if people are saying the ep. was dope catch it at 11

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
if it fell off stop watching it you wasting an hour of your own damn time just come on here at 10:00 sunday and if people are saying the ep. was dope catch it at 11

How are you telling people to stop watching the show if they don't like it, but you're reading and replying to posts that you don't like? If us shytting on the show offends you just ignore our posts and KIM. :yeshrug:

Fred.

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
yeah but there's a difference between "wasn't feeling this episode like that hopefully next week things get more interesting" and ":snoop: this show fell the fukk off idk why they even doing this rip jimmy da gawd etc."

I was kinda disappointed when spongebob fell off but I ain't throw hissy fits and shiit I just moved on to other things I enjoyed

I think the coli is such a dramatic place, so to get notice they go all the way right or left.