Blueprint artwork wasnt 100% original.

Brady-Carter

It is what it is..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TDot
Cam and Dips woulda likely had both cause Oh Boy wasn't a beat made for Jay anyway...it was a Bleek throwaway...

Are you sure man? I am pretty sure The Dips had dibs on that Beat, and Jay was like nah, I got this.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Nah, Jay wanted that beat, and the dips hopped on it and ran to Hot97 and put it on the air right after recording it. According to Just anyway.

No Jay didn't...Cam lied about that..Just Blaze told the real story on multiple occasions...thatwas a Bleek throwaway beat...and was basically up for grabs...they called Just up and asked him if they could use it and he said cool...but they recorded the song right then and didnt wait till he got to clear the sample or get it mixed and took it straight to hot 97...which is why they didn't make any money off the track...

Brady-Carter

It is what it is..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TDot
S awas a

No Jay didn't...Cam lied about that..Just Blaze told the real story on multiple occasions...thatwas a Bleek throwaway beat...and was basically up for grabs...

You got a link?

Ronald

Daps
I thought Cam said Jay didn't want Oh Boy

he thought it was weak

then when the song blew up, Jay added a verse to a remix

but it was so trash that Cam just scrapped it

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
“Jay walked in and heard it and was like, 'Yo, that's serious,' but he wasn't working on an album at the time. He had just finished Blueprint 2, so he was like, 'Hold that for me.' There's a million beats like that. Jay said the same thing about 'Pump It Up.' Sometimes he'll hear a beat and like it but he won't like it a year later when he's making an album.

So the story was that Bleek didn't want the first version, then he slowed it down, Jay told him to hold it (as he apparently does with mad beats) and cam took it and just said go ahead.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps

he thought it was weak

No, he scrapped it cause he was shytting on Nas.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
and the funny thing is..the whole Cam exchange beats story was stupid anyway considering it was 2 diff producers involved anyway...Just Blaze didnt create Izzo so it wasn't like Just felt that he owed Cam anything..like I said...Cam woulda most likely had "Oh Boy" either way...the beat was a throwaway by the time Cam got to it..completely diff from what Jay did wit the Izzo situation...

Brady-Carter

It is what it is..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TDot
No Jay didn't...Cam lied about that..Just Blaze told the real story on multiple occasions...thatwas a Bleek throwaway beat...and was basically up for grabs...they called Just up and asked him if they could use it and he said cool...but they recorded the song right then and didnt wait till he got to clear the sample or get it mixed and took it straight to hot 97...which is why they didn't make any money off the track...

You right Bleek did not want it(he will always be one hit away :noah:).

But Jay told Just "it was crazy to hold it for him". Then the dips recorded it and took it to radio.

Starts at 10:20(9:30 on the Dips in general)

Only link I could find of this great interview...

Hypemen Episode 7 Ft. Just Blaze (Podcast Listen & Download) - Refined Hype

Brady-Carter

It is what it is..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TDot

he thought it was weak

Nah, he was throwing shots at Nas on it. But they had gone back to cold war status at that point I believe...

Ronald

Daps
No, he scrapped it cause he was shytting on Nas.

I just saw the interview again, they said he was going at Nas

but they said it was straight trash

and one of his lines was "Nas you ain't the boy"