Blueprint artwork wasnt 100% original.

Brady-Carter

It is what it is..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TDot
really, so you just said that picture was as famous as the last supper? smh. "kinda famous" among a specific group thats not even where youre mainly selling your music is a lot different than people recognizing something WORLDWIDE

:stopitslime:

theres no argument here and the fact that Jay-Z fans are trying to counterpoint blatant biting is laughable

Are you saying it is only cool to bite something that is more known(Last super), over something that is obscure(This pic)?

No hate or nothing, I think your point is just flying over my head...

OGmittee

Smugest Poster Alive
Daps
Reppin
Boston
Are you saying it is only cool to bite something that is more known(Last super), over something that is obscure(This pic)?

No hate or nothing, I think your point is just flying over my head...

i didnt say anything was cool or not.

my point of view is this, majority of people that look at the Blueprint cover think its original artwork to the album and would assume Jay-Z got together with designers to come up with it. On the other hand if you use something that right when the majority of people see it they know exactly where it came from it is more a reference.

btw i know how other people are viewing this but i just dont agree with you lol

edit:

ex.

ive had people bite my style before, then go out and be with other people passin it off as their own. and im like "hold up...". now if those people had said "oh u got that from Steve" i be cool. but people are saying "Oh dam that shyts fly, u got style" to dude that i consider biting

Brady-Carter

It is what it is..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TDot

my point of view is this, majority of people that look at the Blueprint cover think its original artwork to the album and would assume Jay-Z got together with designers to come up with it. On the other hand if you use something that right when the majority of people see it they know exactly where it came from it is more a reference.

edit:

ex.

ive had people bite my style before, then go out and be with other people passin it off as their own. and im like "hold up...". now if those people had said "oh u got that from Steve" i be cool. but people are saying "Oh dam that shyts fly, u got style" to dude that i consider biting

Cool, got it.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I have no problem with the album cover but I just find it ironic that there's nothing original about an albumcalled the blueprint...Ye and Just Blaze made the beats with ghostface and supreme clientele in mind and his lead single's beat was for Cam and he jacked that from him as well...mix that with this album cover shyt...still a classic album tho..

Harry B

Superstar
Daps

Jay-z has never been the character to do the obvious, his lyrics contain the most hidden messages in rap. He's not the dude to take a photo of Jesus and put his face on it. He'll rather take a gangster from England schooling kids.

Some people knew about it, others didn't. And just like his lyrics it took time to find out what it was all about, some a short period of time, others a longer period.
It took nearly 9 years to know what one of his most famous songs 99 problems was about.

OGmittee

Smugest Poster Alive
Daps
Reppin
Boston
I have no problem with the album cover but I just find it ironic that there's nothing original about an albumcalled the blueprint...Ye and Just Blaze made the beats with ghostface and supreme clientele in mind and his lead single's beat was for Cam and he jacked that from him as well...mix that with this album cover shyt...still a classic album tho..

i was tellin my boy about the Izzo story the other night...i think we were better off with the Dips getting Oh Boy tho, cant picture hov on that :sadcam:

Brady-Carter

It is what it is..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TDot
I have no problem with the album cover but I just find it ironic that there's nothing original about an albumcalled the blueprint...Ye and Just Blaze made the beats with ghostface and supreme clientele in mind and his lead single's beat was for Cam and he jacked that from him as well...

Ehhh, I think things worked out alright. Hov On Izzo, Dips on Oh' Boy.. :yeshrug:

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
I didn't know Just Blaze had Ghostface in mind, who said that?

But anyways, beats for Jay are rarely made for Jay. He takes beats he likes and spits over them. Specially if they are made by his main two in house producers.
Oh yeah Girls girls girls, I think I heard that in some podcast. But ghost didn't want it, jay took it and made it a classic. I don't see how that is unoriginal.

Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada
its funny tho..how the fukk u gonna name an album the blueprint..with a bitten cover..and a bunch of beats that was supposed to be made for another artist?..lol..

see law 7....

he names it the blueprint(knowing its not the 1st to have a title called this)

then all the beats was suppose to be for someone else.. see law 7

jigga know EXACTLY what he was doing..

see this is HIS "blueprint"( take the name literally...) understand? the "blueprint" represents his career..and how he has and will further his success from biting
he knows hes a biter but he SHOWS you that purposefully from the name of the album to the cover.. to all the beats on the project not being made for him in the 1st place... his "blueprint" for his career/success is BITING and he KNOWS IT..... and HE SHOWS YOU clues and shyt to symolize this

jay aint just slick on the lyric tip...

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
i was tellin my boy about the Izzo story the other night...i think we were better off with the Dips getting Oh Boy tho, cant picture hov on that :sadcam:

Oh boy wasn't for Jay tho..it was made for Bleek and Bleek didn't like it so Cam asked can he have it...and they sped the beat up Lil bit and used it...so its likely that Cam would've have still gotten Oh Boy regardless..Izzo was Cam's beat but jay strongarmed it...somethin Jay has been doing since Reasonable Doubt...

Brady-Carter

It is what it is..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TDot
Oh boy wasn't for Jay tho..it was made for Bleek and Bleek didn't like it so Cam asked can he have it...and they sped the beat up Lil bit and used it...so its likely that Cam would've have still gotten Oh Boy regardless..Izzo was Cam's beat but jay strongarmed it...somethin Jay has been doing since Reasonable Doubt...

Nah, Jay wanted that beat, and the dips hopped on it and ran to Hot97 and put it on the air right after recording it. According to Just anyway.