Bloomberg is reporting that Sony will reveal its new Spartacus subscription service next week

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
For a person like myself that buys as many games as I do, I know, first world problems, I might not get to a game in the generation it's released. I legit just beat A Link Between Worlds on my 3ds last week and I've moved onto Soul Hackers 1 for example. Backwards compatibility is actually a thing with me. I still play Run N Gun 2 on my arcade machine. There are plenty of us that appreciate backwards compatibility and considers that an important feature to evaluate.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Like respect peoples past digital purchases, for one.

people bought ps1/2/3 classics and they are asking them to purchase them again via streaming. Why?

allow individual purchases of classic games as well.

I like how Xbox let you use your disk to get digital copies of the old game. I’m not sure how wide spread that was but it was a good idea.

What about emulation enhancements for ps1/2/psp. Higher resolution, faster frame rate, save states etc.

Where’s ps vita?

it just seems mediocre imo.

yeah

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Publishers aren't in business to offer you a steal.
And honestly, why would they? Gamers are going to defend it and spread their cheeks regardless. Just look at the responses in this thread..
fandom always messes with the average consumer :francis:
but then again I don't really see how an average gamer will go crazy over some ps3,2, and psp games like that.
there's only really a few that can be replayed and most of those have been remastered
it does make sense though for the 15.99 offering

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
fandom always messes with the average consumer :francis:
but then again I don't really see how an average gamer will go crazy over some ps3,2, and psp games like that.
there's only really a few that can be replayed and most of those have been remastered
it does make sense though for the 15.99 offering

Its cheap enough that it might be worth the few dollars it takes to upgrade for some people on the other hand if you don’t care about the older catalogue nothing really changes for you.

It is exactly what they said it was gonna be, a merger of PS Now and PS Plus. A pretty boring reveal all around tbh

I think Sony realizes theres a ceiling when it comes to growing subscription gaming and instead of trying to offer more expensive (for them) incentives to get more subscribers they are just trying to squeeze more money out of the peopel already paying.

I don’t see subscription gaming growing to 70m+ subscribers and sony probably doesn’t either. Microsoft might if they continue offering Gamepass on more devices

SCJoe

All Star
Daps
I just got an email about the change about 25 minutes ago. Good thing I bout a few years of ps+ at launch of the 5. From what I read it’s gonna convert your ps+ to the new service, kinda like the xbl to ultimate move.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
35432.jpg
:mjlol:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This is already better than Gamepass so I’m not surprised Xbots in here seriously downplaying it :mjlol:
Unless it's offering day one first party titles no it isn't. For the same $10 you get access to all Xbox legacy content from Microsoft and all day 1 Xbox studio games, some day 1 indie games, and even day 1 select third party titles. All I really see is Sony telling us we can pay a monthly fee or a fee in general to access legacy content. I see nothing about any new titles.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
deep down in my heart i truly feel that most people dont give a shyt about “retro” gaming. The vast majority of people that talk up being able to play older games just like the idea of getting their nostalgia dopamine hit by playing tobal or bloody roar 2 for like 10-20 minutes and they never touch it again.

I know because i played a shyt ton of games on emulators over the years and it was just that. Its like wooooow i remember this…and then you realize its just not as fun as even the mid-modern games you have access to now.

Like yeah, i cant wait to play this old ass 50 hour turn based square enix rpg with random battles, unskippable cutscenes, no voice acting, no camera controls, etc.
I bought a ps1 console from eBay just to play metal gear solid again and relive my childhood again. When I heard that konami tune again dudududududu. All the memories came flooding back :mjcry:

Reliving psycho mantis, he boss fights, everything about it was amazing.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Unless it's offering day one first party titles no it isn't. For the same $10 you get access to all Xbox legacy content from Microsoft and all day 1 Xbox studio games, some day 1 indie games, and even day 1 select third party titles. All I really see is Sony telling us we can pay a monthly fee or a fee in general to access legacy content. I see nothing about any new titles.
Sony old games like Bloodborne, ghost of Tsushima, miles Morales, TLOU2, is vastly superior to any trash day one game on Gamepass like Redfall or some generic shytty FPS game

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Sony old games like Bloodborne, ghost of Tsushima, miles Morales, TLOU2, is vastly superior to any trash day one game on Gamepass like Redfall or some generic shytty FPS game
Say what you will but some of us already own all those old games and many of them are available at bargain bin prices even if we don't own them.

I own a copy of Xenosaga Episode 3. I'd love to be able to put that in my PS5 and play it. We all know a game like that is unlikely to ever be on this service. Lunar and Lunar 2 Eternal Blue. Classic games that exist in licensing hell that are unlikely to be made available digitally because they aren't available digitally now.

Not really trying to pay a monthly fee or annual fee for access to old games most of which I already own. Now tell me there's a 3-6 month window on new releases even and now you're talking.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I bought a ps1 console from eBay just to play metal gear solid again and relive my childhood again. When I heard that konami tune again dudududududu. All the memories came flooding back :mjcry:

Reliving psycho mantis, he boss fights, everything about it was amazing.

I’d rather relive it with better graphics, voice acting, shooting mechanics, in HD…..the way i remember it in my head is the way a remake would look not how it actually looks

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Say what you will but some of us already own all those old games and many of them are available at bargain bin prices even if we don't own them.

I own a copy of Xenosaga Episode 3. I'd love to be able to put that in my PS5 and play it. We all know a game like that is unlikely to ever be on this service. Lunar and Lunar 2 Eternal Blue. Classic games that exist in licensing hell that are unlikely to be made available digitally because they aren't available digitally now.

Not really trying to pay a monthly fee or annual fee for access to old games most of which I already own. Now tell me there's a 3-6 month window on new releases even and now you're talking.
It’s a service that’s clearly not for you then. Sony can’t please everyone. Its for me though and I’ll be subscribing