Bloomberg is reporting that Sony will reveal its new Spartacus subscription service next week

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
deep down in my heart i truly feel that most people dont give a shyt about “retro” gaming. The vast majority of people that talk up being able to play older games just like the idea of getting their nostalgia dopamine hit by playing tobal or bloody roar 2 for like 10-20 minutes and they never touch it again.

I know because i played a shyt ton of games on emulators over the years and it was just that. Its like wooooow i remember this…and then you realize its just not as fun as even the mid-modern games you have access to now.

Like yeah, i cant wait to play this old ass 50 hour turn based square enix rpg with random battles, unskippable cutscenes, no voice acting, no camera controls, etc.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I wonder what the "time-limited game trials" will be like

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
deep down in my heart i truly feel that most people dont give a shyt about “retro” gaming. The vast majority of people that talk up being able to play older games just like the idea of getting their nostalgia dopamine hit by playing tobal or bloody roar 2 for like 10-20 minutes and they never touch it again.

I know because i played a shyt ton of games on emulators over the years and it was just that. Its like wooooow i remember this…and then you realize its just not as fun as even the mid-modern games you have access to now.

Like yeah, i cant wait to play this old ass 50 hour turn based square enix rpg with random battles, unskippable cutscenes, no voice acting, no camera controls, etc.
35432.jpg

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
this is a big big meh

Two monthly downloadable games.... we get 3 now.

these fukkers really just take a game away from plus :francis:

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
i'll sign up temporarily to the ps3 tier depending on the games available..i have 200 megs so it should be enough to stream...after i beat the ones i want am back to the original subscription lol

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps

100%. No one truly cares about backwards compatibility beyond the PS3/360 era. Outside that hit of nostalgia you're talking about, once you feel the 30 FPS, shytty textures, resolution and controls, you're just going back to Elden Ring or Horizon.

8.TRES

All Star
Daps

new material is always going to be the grail

whichever company is making the best new jawns is going to be on top

you look at the numbers and sales and it’ll be clear which entity understands this best and keeps their consumer base satisfied

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’m not a gaming subscriber since I rarely have time to play games but p1-ps3 games means I’m definitely subscribing to the top tier version.

This is already better than Gamepass so I’m not surprised Xbots in here seriously downplaying it :mjlol:

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
No one is saying backwards compatibility is the end all be all but on the same token, it is a nice to have and a nice benefit to staying in an ecosystem.

When I do wanna play an old game, it’s usually shyt I already own. The system is clearly capable, so why can’t I put my ps1/2 disk in the console?

futhermore, to y’all’s point, if no one truly cares about bc, it’s Sonys job to make us care by adding incentives/features to the service, for the games, beyond “here’s your old games on a server, enjoy”.

this is obviously Sonys answer for backwards compatibility beyond PS4, so it’s not wrong for gamers to throw flags. Like you want me to pay to play stuff I already own and you not even adding shyt?

It’s just more of the reason I would never invest heavily in a Sony digital ecosystem. I like their games but their infrastructure and practices need work. It’s not cohesive and it doesn’t respect consumer loyalty or their legacy imo.

Champion

#RxLife #UCF #FAMU
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town to Tampa
should've included crunchyroll and the Sony film content even at $25 that would seem like a steal for all that
Publishers aren't in business to offer you a steal.
And honestly, why would they? Gamers are going to defend it and spread their cheeks regardless. Just look at the responses in this thread..

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think what’ll really sell this service will of course be the games. Classic ps1-ps3 games like metal gear solid, silent hill, etc that’ll bring a lot of nostalgia, plus looks like they’re also including current Ps5 games like miles morales and returnal which is very smart. Miles Morales and Returnal already makes this service way better than Gamepass and it’s trash offerings :laff:

Sony doesn’t even have to offer day one games. Old games like god of war, Bloodborne, Horizon, ghost of Tsushima blows gamespass day one games

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I think what’ll really sell this service will of course be the games. Classic ps1-ps3 games like metal gear solid, silent hill, etc that’ll bring a lot of nostalgia, plus looks like they’re also including current Ps5 games like miles morales and returnal which is very smart. Miles Morales and Returnal already makes this service way better than Gamepass and it’s trash offerings :laff:

Sony doesn’t even have to offer day one games. Old games like god of war, Bloodborne, Horizon, ghost of Tsushima blows gamespass day one games

I’d honestly rather just pay for remasters :yeshrug: