Bloodborne OT [The Old Hunters DLC Out NOW!]

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I'm seeing that if you take your time the game takes 30 hours to beat. I'm very interested in this game, and plan to buy it within the next few days, but this kind of lends credibility to one of my concerns about the game overall, which is, I hope that the overall length of the game isn't primarily due to extended fights with HP sponges, enemies that are boring to fight and take forever because they have an absurd amount of HP. I don't need every game to be as long as Skyrim, I just don't want to beat the game and look back at it 30 hours later and say "Now that I think about it, this game only had 6 bosses and 4 levels. This game would be like 10 hours if they cut the HP in half."

http://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=21262

This is one source I saw, I've seen a few others, along with a coli member that said they already beat the game as well.

Cats that beat the game already are those same cats that have and take the time to be be playing like 6-8+ hours a day at it, like it's a job n shyt. Where'd you get any info about any enemy being HP sponge? I've fought 2 bosses (and beat 1) and pretty much every creature in the first section of the game and not nare one sole enemy would take longer than 3 minutes (these being the bosses really, all normal enemies can be killed in seconds) tops to kill, if you are actively attacking them and not really dying. THere's a lot of enemies and a lot of landscape to explore in the first section of the game at least, to which I've been playing about a collective 6-7 hours since getting the game on Tuesday.

I'd probably leverage that an average player first few runs against a boss make take upwards to 5-10 minutes to actually kill (and possibly several attempts to actually beat them), considering that they're probably either scared as shyt and running around to avoid getting kilt or trying to learn the bosses patterns before taking them on. There's usually a good 2-3 different ways to score a good chunk of damage against most enemies in the game, bosses included.

The game's length is just fine and not really padded on. If you play well, you could probably beat it in less than 30 hours, but most like, on average, just from exploration's sake, you'd be pushing 25+ even and you'd probably still not have found out all there is to the game in a first run. That's if you were really good at not dying and pushing straight thru.

Mr Clean

Superstar
Daps
Did this retard even play the game? :francis:

Nope. The video is about another video of another dude who didn't play the game and this fool is like he had some good points :russ:

He says some shyt like, "Telling me, "yo, you didn't play the game" is stupid. You don't have to drive a Lambo to know its a good car." :mjlol:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Cats that beat the game already are those same cats that have and take the time to be be playing like 6-8+ hours a day at it, like it's a job n shyt. Where'd you get any info about any enemy being HP sponge? I've fought 2 bosses (and beat 1) and pretty much every creature in the first section of the game and not nare one sole enemy would take longer than 3 minutes (these being the bosses really, all normal enemies can be killed in seconds) tops to kill, if you are actively attacking them and not really dying. THere's a lot of enemies and a lot of landscape to explore in the first section of the game at least, to which I've been playing about a collective 6-7 hours since getting the game on Tuesday.

I'd probably leverage that an average player first few runs against a boss make take upwards to 5-10 minutes to actually kill (and possibly several attempts to actually beat them), considering that they're probably either scared as shyt and running around to avoid getting kilt or trying to learn the bosses patterns before taking them on. There's usually a good 2-3 different ways to score a good chunk of damage against most enemies in the game, bosses included.

The game's length is just fine and not really padded on. If you play well, you could probably beat it in less than 30 hours, but most like, on average, just from exploration's sake, you'd be pushing 25+ even and you'd probably still not have found out all there is to the game in a first run. That's if you were really good at not dying and pushing straight thru.

It was just a question that you guys have since clarified for me. I haven't played the game yet but from the videos I was worried about that. Seeing the average game completion time of 30 hours made me scratch my head and ask the question. I'm still definitely looking forward to the game. I was just worried about the game being short and padded with bs to give the illusion of a long game seeing that a wide range of people make it seem like most the time you spend in this game will be spent dying. Thanks for the info.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
It was just a question that you guys have since clarified for me. I haven't played the game yet but from the videos I was worried about that. Seeing the average game completion time of 30 hours made me scratch my head and ask the question. I'm still definitely looking forward to the game. I was just worried about the game being short and padded with bs to give the illusion of a long game seeing that a wide range of people make it seem like most the time you spend in this game will be spent dying. Thanks for the info.

I guess you've not played a souls game previously eh? You will likely die quite a bit, but I wouldn't say more of your gametime would be from dying than actually playing or anything. You'll possibly die whenever you reach a new area or new enemies, IF you go at it without caution and/or get too cocky with how you approach things. Death is very rarely, if ever cheap in this game. You just have to respect that you can be killed easily if you're not taking proper care of whatever situation is at hand. Be ALWAYS mindful of your environment, numbers of enemies & their attack patterns and your own capabilities (reach and speed of your weapon, your health, your stamina gauge, etc.). You can go long periods of time without dying and actually be cocky at times, if you know what you're doing and know how to take advantage of situations. Most folks just don't know tho.

Dr.HannibalLecter

Tha Realest
Daps
Old fakkit was stealing my insight :dwillhuh: Threw a molotov cocktail at him, one was enough :ehh:

Maybe my level is too high, but the bosses are getting easier...

Cleric Beast - 3 tries
Father Gascoigne - 10 tries :to:
Blood-starved Beast - 2 tries
Vicar Amelia - 2 tries
Witch of Hemwick - 1 try

Darkbeast Paarl - :whoa:, I'll get you later :damn:

Shadow of Yharnem is next :ufdup:

Costanza

lord of the idiots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jerrys place
Old fakkit was stealing my insight :dwillhuh: Threw a molotov cocktail at him, one was enough :ehh:

Maybe my level is too high, but the bosses are getting easier...

Cleric Beast - 3 tries
Father Gascoigne - 10 tries :to:
Blood-starved Beast - 2 tries
Vicar Amelia - 2 tries
Witch of Hemwick - 1 try

Darkbeast Paarl - :whoa:, I'll get you later :damn:

Shadow of Yharnem is next :ufdup:

father gascoigne was by far the hardest for me to... god fkin damn that shyt was hard