Bloodborne OT [The Old Hunters DLC Out NOW!]

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
Anyone know how to get Insight? I'm at the Cathedral with 8 but I'm trying to get 11 so I can co-op
You get it by beating bosses, or fighting them for the first time.

Also if you pick up madmans knowledge and use the item each one gives you 1 insight

Also if you get 10 insight you can go to the bath outside the hunters house in the hunters dream and buy the small resonant bell. Ring the bell by the priest boss and wait for people to beckon for you. Each time you help someone beat him you get an insight. I've already had like 25-30 insight and I'm at the cathedral too.

I only have 13 insight now because I bought stuff with it though

Don Mack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Just started playing but can somebody let me know when you get a shield and can start blocking attacks?

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
Just started playing but can somebody let me know when you get a shield and can start blocking attacks?
The game is more focused on using your pistol to stagger enemies than using a shield.

You can't play this like Dark Souls really. There are shields, but they aren't as viable. I found a shield for the first time in the 3rd area. So get used to your pistol. This is a design decision to make the game more offensive based.

Shoot enemies with l1 right when they begin an attack. They will stagger to their knees and if done right a little sound effect will indicate you did it right. When this happens quickly run to their center and press r1 for a devastating attack, usually 1 hit kill.

Last edited:

Don Mack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL
The game is more focused on using your pistol to stagger enemies than using a shield.

You can't play this like Dark Souls really. There are shields, but they aren't as viable. I found a shield for the first time in the 3rd area. So get used to your pistol. This is a design decision to make the game more offensive based.

Shoot enemies with l1 right when they begin an attack. They will stagger to their knees if done right and a little sound effect will indicate you did it right. When this happens quickly run to their center and press r1 for a devastating attack, usually 1 hit kill.
Thanks I was trying to play it like Metal Gear Rising or Bayonetta

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
Thanks I was trying to play it like Metal Gear Rising or Bayonetta
You gotta be more methodical. Learn enemy patterns and attack when there is an opening. Also use circle to roll around and usually behind enemies when you can before you attack.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
qpson85wj4h6erekqk8j.gif

Deezay

All Star
Daps
Reppin
These Kids
I'm afraid if I open this shyt I'll call out tomorrow. I'll wait until Friday night.
I seen some of my coli brehs already on this shyt.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
So I was playing my first really good run yesterday, about an hour and a half, w/o dying, just exploring and trying to find the first boss n shyt. Racked up about 7.5K loot. Just as I reach the damn Cleric Beast, the wife wanna come and interrupt, talking to me about some stupid ass landscaping!:why::what:

Thing is, she actually fukking KNOWS how these games are. She knows I can't pause. She looked at the boss and was like, "Oh gawd, he looks scary!" and then just decides to damn near stand in front of the screen (technically she was on the side, but still, a major distraction) and barrage me with this fukking landscaping at the absolute worst time, expecting me to have some dialogue with her about it. I'm sitting here thinking (GOTDAMMIT WOMAN, you can't executive decision this shyt on your own or just tell me about it later?!?!). So, of course, in the mix of this, I get killed. Just fukked up my whole vibe. I cut the game off shortly afterwards, disgusted. Man, if my house had a flight of stairs....:demonic:

Last edited:

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
So I was playing my first really good run yesterday, about an hour and a half, w/o dying, just exploring and trying to find the first boss n shyt. Racked up about 7.5K loot. Just as I reach the damn Cleric Beast, the wife wanna come and interrupt, talking to me about some stupid ass landscaping!:why::what:

Thing is, she actually fukking KHOWS how these games are. She knows I can't pause. She looked at the boss and was like, "Oh gawd, he looks scary!" and then just decides to damn near stand in front of the screen (technically she was on the side, but still, a major distraction) and barrage me with this fukking landscaping at the absolute worst time, expecting me to have some dialogue with her about it. I'm sitting here thinking (GOTDAMMIT WOMAN, you can't executive decision this shyt on your own or just tell me about it later?!?!). So, of course, in the mix of this, I get killed. Just fukked up my whole vibe. I cut the game off shortly afterwards, disgusted. Man, if my house had a flight of stairs....:demonic:

You should've went back and got your blood echoes, they were probably one the ground or the boss picked them up after he killed you.

-DMP-

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
You should've went back and got your blood echoes, they were probably one the ground or the boss picked them up after he killed you.

-DMP-

This isn't my first rodeo ride son. I know this and I ended up getting killed again before making it to the boss. I did a lot of exploration and shyt on that run and I couldn't even outright remember the fastest way to reach the boss. And that would've been really fukked up if the boss picked up the echoes.