Bloodborne is AWESOME

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
You are From. Sony funded bloodborne. It’s their IP. As the Dev from would get paid for the work and maybe receive bonuses. They paid you X amount of money for bloodborne.

You now have a 10+ mill hit on your hands in DS3

Your price has now gone up 5-10x want it was before to make your time working on someone else’s franchise worth it.

So yes you say “the ball is on sony’s court” but is sony really gonna pay you 10x what they paid you last time for a game??

Devs working contract work for IP they don’t own, are usually doing so out of necessity. I can’t think of any dev with hit franchises of their own, doing contract work on someone else’s franchise. can you??

Why have they not asked for one?

Bro get the fukk outta here :bryan:

You really think game dev is the drug business? shyt doesn’t flip overnight and no company would immediately jack up rates overnight off of one game.

These devs and publishers have predetermined rates and contracts for all their work for a set period of time. Sales are only one factor in this shyt, what’s P&L, what’s the intangible value of this IP, what does the landscape look like?

This is why this Stan Wars shyt is so fukkin retarded y’all going off second hand gossip and basic ass knowledge of the game industry & business thinking y’all know shyt.

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Purely speaking I wonder if there is some sort of provision of the deal that SONY only has exclusivity for two games after which it goes to From. Its fantastical condition but nothing else really makes sense.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Bro get the fukk outta here :bryan:

You really think game dev is the drug business? shyt doesn’t flip overnight and no company would immediately jack up rates overnight off of one game.
It’s opportunity cost. Why would From work on someone else’s franchise when they can print money with their own?

If you are gonna pull them away from their own 10-20 million selling franchises, you have to make their time worth it.
These devs and publishers have predetermined rates and contracts for all their work for a set period of time. Sales are only one factor in this shyt, what’s P&L, what’s the intangible value of this IP, what does the landscape look like?
This would be a contract job for From. Only thing that matters for them is the bottom line in this situation.

They have their own IP to worry about all of this stuff. Which they would be throwing on the back burner to help sony persue their goals. Not gonna happen :manny:

This is why this Stan Wars shyt is so fukkin retarded y’all going off second hand gossip and basic ass knowledge of the game industry & business thinking y’all know shyt.
I’ll ask you. Which top tier developer with their own successful franchises is signing contract deals to work on other peoples shyt? Name one.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
How did original DeS sell on P3? Genuine question, but I know it was also a cult hit that didn’t sell well originally. I’d imagine it sold less than BB, but they made sure to do that one justice. It does have the status as the OG
DeS was a PS5 promotional tool. Wasn’t expected to make much money on its own.

Maybe BB gets a remaster if sony needs fan service at some time. But they aren’t paying a top tier studio to do it. They will get a remake/contract work studio to do it.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
DeS was a PS5 promotional tool. Wasn’t expected to make much money on its own.

Maybe BB gets a remaster if sony needs fan service at some time. But they aren’t paying a top tier studio to do it. They will get a remake/contract work studio to do it.
PS3 DeS not PS5.

nikkas been asking for Bluepoint to do the remake/remaster since Shadow of the Colossus. Now they’re literally a Sony remake studio, so the pieces are there

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bloodborne didn't sell sh1t compared to Elden Ring, I don't see a sequel. I could see a Bluepoint remake (hope not) or a remaster with 60fps (hope so) though.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Xbox stan’s :smh:

Elden Ring sales compared to other FromSoftware games​

• According to the latest data from Bandai Namco, the entire Dark Souls series has shipped 33.4 million units outside of Japan between September 2011 and March 2022.
  • The first Dark Souls game sold 2.37 million units in 18 months, not to mention the Prepare to Die Edition figures.
  • Dark Souls II had surpassed 2.5 million units sold globally by April 2015, and Dark Souls III had sold over 10 million copies worldwide by May 2020.
  • Considering the total shipments above, lifetime sales of these titles have likely increased since Bandai Namco last disclosed figures for each.
  • Speaking of other Soulsborne titles developed by FromSoftware, Demon’s Souls had sold over 1 million units globally by 2011, with its remake surpassing the 1.4 million mark in less than a year since its launch.
  • As of Bloodborne has reached over 2 million units sold globally, as of September 2015.
  • Released in 2019, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice had sold over 5 million copies by July 2020.
  • Elden Ring is without a doubt the fastest-selling game in the history of Bandai Namco and FromSoftware, and has every chance of surpassing the total sales of the entire Dark Souls franchise in the future.
I think BB sold like 3 milly though only on PS4 while DS2 sold less than 3 million on multiple platforms.