Bloodborne is AWESOME

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
DS3 was their next game. They sold 10+mill with that one.

Ship sailed on bloodborn a long time ago

Yes, "DS3" sold 10 million....then in 2019 From said "we're waiting on Sony to ask for a 'Bloodborne' sequel".

So I'm not even sure what you're arguing at this point.

You keep talking as if From said "'Bloodborne' didn't sell as much as the titles after it, so we shifted focus". They said the ball is in Sony's court.

Sony stan’s are actually fukkin crazy :mjlol:

There’s no sequel/remake/remaster in the works to this amazingly successful game. Why??

:gucci:

Because Sony inexplicably hasn't asked for one. That's literally the first post I responded to you in.

Fred.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
They can sell those games on all platforms.

BB would be exclusive. Meaning Sony would have to pay for like 10 million copies.

Not worth the risk for either party when From can Just make elden ring 2 and sony can make another uncharted or something.

They sure the fukk ain’t making it?? Why? :stopitslime:

And Dragons dogma and DMC sold almost double the copies of bloodborne, and still had trouble getting a sequel greenlit.

That’s wasn’t your argument you said why would these devs go back to a less successful IP.

Either way enjoy AAA trash games every year with you elementary understanding of business.

Lord-Yosh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York
They can sell those games on all platforms.

BB would be exclusive. Meaning Sony would have to pay for like 10 million copies.

Not worth the risk for either party when From can Just make elden ring 2 and sony can make another uncharted or something.

They sure the fukk ain’t making it?? Why? :stopitslime:

And Dragons dogma and DMC sold almost double the copies of bloodborne, and still had trouble getting a sequel greenlit.
So explain demon souls nikka :dahell: shyt sold even less then bloodborne but got a remake. Go to an Xbox thread and cry about not having games to play :mjlol:

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They can’t force From to work on the franchise.

From is in a very different position now than when they made bloodborne. They don’t want or need exclusive deals anymore.

People talk about the game a lot, but it wasn’t that big of a seller. Definitely not big enough for sony to find/fund an entire studio to work on it. They are only shooting for big hits these days.
How did original DeS sell on P3? Genuine question, but I know it was also a cult hit that didn’t sell well originally. I’d imagine it sold less than BB, but they made sure to do that one justice. It does have the status as the OG

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Yes, "DS3" sold 10 million....then in 2019 From said "we're waiting on Sony to ask for a 'Bloodborne' sequel".

So I'm not even sure what you're arguing at this point.

You keep talking as if From said "'Bloodborne' didn't sell as much as the titles after it, so we shifted focus". They said the ball is in Sony's court.

:gucci:
You are From. Sony funded bloodborne. It’s their IP. As the Dev from would get paid for the work and maybe receive bonuses. They paid you X amount of money for bloodborne.

You now have a 10+ mill hit on your hands in DS3

Your price has now gone up 5-10x what it was before to make your time working on someone else’s franchise worth it.

So yes you say “the ball is on sony’s court” but is sony really gonna pay you 10x what they paid you last time for a game??

Devs working contract work for IP they don’t own, are usually doing so out of necessity. I can’t think of any dev with hit franchises of their own, doing contract work on someone else’s franchise. can you??

Because Sony inexplicably hasn't asked for one. That's literally the first post I responded to you in.

Fred.
Why have they not asked for one?

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
So explain demon souls nikka :dahell: shyt sold even less then bloodborne but got a remake. Go to an Xbox thread and cry about not having games to play :mjlol:
That game was made to promote the PS5. By a sony studio.

Maybe sony will remaster bloodborne one day, but From probably wouldn’t have anything to do with it.

Also that game got greenlit a long time ago. The AAA games landscape has changed a lot since then.