Bleu Davinci just launched his new designer $1,400 shoe WOULD YALL ROCK THESE? (POLL ADDED)

Would you wear these

• Yes

Votes: 13 8.3%
  • Hell No

Votes: 129 82.2%
  • Maybe

Votes: 15 9.6%

• Total voters

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
I wear Gisuppe's, Valentino's, St Laurent, Louboutin, etc etc, not saying I have 15 pairs of each, but I have my little designer shoe collection, that I wear daily, and these are hideous. Overpriced, but he's trying for that Buscemi look and price, which I think are trash too. I think the whole hightop look is way too trendy. Overdone and gaudy, plus where were they made? If someone is spending 1350 on shoes, they can get some dope Louboutins, that are flashy, without being as tacky. You can do a lot better for that price, which is high, even for designer fashion.

edit: and Valentino, GZ, and Dolce Y Gabbana both have 40% off sales right now, you can get some much better shoes for half that price. Unless it's about supporting Bleu Davinci, in which case that's fine. But, if we are strictly talking fashion, then those aren't a good look.
fukk Dolce and Gabanna.
Hallowood-2013-party-giampaolo-sgura-photo-zhanna-romashka-DSCF6989-1.jpg

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/4170014

We aint supporting racist italian designers out here.

:camby:

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Dude ppl were rocking Pyrex and off white like crazy!! - it was one of the top hypebeast brands in 2011-2014. You couldn't go anywhere without seeing some Pyrex shorts. Same with been trill and hood by air. What are you talking about? :what:
So many people are just out of the loop or they just live in a city where none of that shyt catches on until 3-5 years after the fact.

I see Off white so much out here in NYC.....mainly asians rocking it.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
It's got nothing to do with black or white. Ppl buy into fashion for brand's story, prestige, kudos aswell as the design and product quality. Blu cant compete with fashion houses in all these factors and then on top of that the design is super played out and more expensive. Other black brands do very well, Oswald boateng, Mr Hare, A Sauvage etc, because they have brand story, history, and design.

At the end of the day, people buy from brands that have established themselves it that field. Even Louis Vuitton struggle to sell their clothes, why, because they are a baggage brand. People go to LV to buy bags. So why is a knowledgable consumer going to pay over the odds for a shoe made by a :flabbynsick: rapper?
People love to ignore this shyt or they just aren't educated about it. It helps them with them to shyt on black folk as if we havent been in the fashion game for a hot minute.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Bro it is a know fact that many black people frown on fashion made by black clothiers :manny:

Or just black businesses in general are looked down upon by other black people
I like you breh...but you seem mad out of touch with thats going on today.

There are so many black owned and operated brands coming up on instagram that are getting support. Lots of black women coming up in the fashion game creating products and getting support by black women...etc.

I see this new pro-black schtick on here from alot of people and its so goddamn corny. Basically its talking shyt on black folks...saying we dont do this..
We dont do that.
When we actually are.
But i know how valuable some of you think those daps and reps are so i wont disturb your fun.
:yeshrug:

Menelik II

I wanna see receipts!
Daps
Are you gonna compare Pyrex to how much these nikkaz be dikkriding all these Euro fashion lines :comeon:

Stahp it B :camby:
I've given you 7 black brands from street wear to luxury/formal that black people and everyone else fukk with heavy. People would love to fck with his sneakers if they ACTUALLY GOOD.

The fashion industry machine is extremely powerful, it is effectively an oligopoly run by 2 huge companies that control 80% of the luxury market. If you don't have the right story and marketing, your shyt HAS to be on point or more competitively priced. Blu's shyt is not. He's trying to pass these off as luxury items - they're not.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
They're fresh to me. Just $1400 or even $200.