Bleaching is c00ning, double eye lid is c00ning, how come bone straight weaves aren't?

SunGod

All Star
Daps
doesn't matter. unless the hair grows in like that it isn't natural.

nat·u·ral
ˈnaCH(ə)rəl/
adjective
adjective: natural
. existing in or caused by nature; not made or caused by humankind.

what about brehs putting in all that work to get 360 waves:ld: :troll:

brehs be going out to buy durags, and pomeades, and jujuba oils, and shampoos, and conditioners... shyts not natural.

hqdefault.jpg

Interesting. Do you consider twist-outs and braid-outs natural hairstyles?

:jbhmm:

Lifejennings

Superstar
Daps
If you're in a rush how long does it take to do this? moms do it to little girls rushing to go to school every day, takes nothing more than a handful of pomade.
afro-puff1.jpg

if you want it to be cuter slap it in pigtails. :stopitslime:
Absolute nonsense by someone who probably cuts their Afro hair down to root.

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
If you think pomade gives you waves then you are probably someone who doesnt have waves.

And my dna is 100% African btw.

Pomade is simply to lay your hair down.
don't need none of that for waves

it's what happens when you keep your hair low

it's all down to an individuals hair texture

Lifejennings

Superstar
Daps
Anyone comparing the amount of hair maintenance, and beauty regimens of men to women has no idea what they're talking about. Women aren’t just going to roll out of bed with an afro. Lots of black women are in the process of going natural, but don’t feel comfortable shaving their heads bald, so they wear wigs and weaves during the transition. Most men are not lusting after bald women, and not every woman looks good bald. Plus, women like variety. Once you go dreads, there is no turning back.

I’m not going to make judgements on women because they have a weave. I’m willing to see what her story is before throwing her in the bushes. On top of that, I’m not going to let hair stop me from wifing her if everything else is good. And I’m talking decent weaves that look like well maintained straight hair, not some bleach blonde Barbie hair.

I swear some of y’all are worse than women when it comes to expectations.
This is very important, and unfortunate reason why some women's hair care routine is stunted compared to men. The enemy of natural hair length retention is manipulation. The less you do to it the better. The more different styles you do to it the easier it will break off at the ends. As a man you can go around wearing one hairstyle for years and you and the rest of the world would be okay with that. Women like variety in their hairstyles, and there's definitely more societal pressure for them to change it up. That manipulation has detrimental consequences to retaining natural hair length versus someone who just keeps it one style for super long periods of time. Also, you can definitely wear weave and still be natural.

invalid

Banned
Daps
If you think pomade gives you waves then you are probably someone who doesnt have waves.

And my dna is 100% African btw.

Pomade is simply to lay your hair down.

:gucci:

hqdefault.jpg

And no, I don't wear waves to try to "imitate" cacish good hair.:picard:

We got cherokee in my family so my hair is grade 'a' natural curls:ahh:

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Do you agree that the majority of these women who wear wigs n weaves aren’t in those jobs you mentioned? Doesn’t that make it a bullshyt argument that should only be used if that woman works those jobs? Doesn’t your example of the lawyer who doesn’t do any of that but is still a lawyer at a big firm debunk that excuse? Yea her coworkers asked what she would do but did her bosses? No because that’s a law suit waiting to happen .

Do you agree that the majority of these women who wear wigs n weaves aren’t in those jobs you mentioned?
- That's a population argument, if we go per capita I bet the %s are similar. Most black female doctors and lawyers I know wear weave. My friend is an abnormality, def not the norm.

Doesn’t that make it a bullshyt argument that should only be used if that woman works those jobs?
- No

Doesn’t your example of the lawyer who doesn’t do any of that but is still a lawyer at a big firm debunk that excuse? Yea her coworkers asked what she would do but did her bosses? No because that’s a law suit waiting to happen
- Remains to be seen. She's a first year and she always tells me how much pressure she feels to change her hairstyle. Will they fire her for wearing a for? No of course not. But will these white people make someone who looks like her partner down the line? Remains to be seen.

Once again, I'm not making an excuse for weaves and wigs, I personally don't like them.
But to pretend that what is considered "professional hair" has absolutely nothing to do with it is a naive notion.

How much value should black women attribute to it?
I don't know, i'm not a black woman:yeshrug: