Bleaching is c00ning, double eye lid is c00ning, how come bone straight weaves aren't?

dontreadthis

philly.
Daps
Lame excuse, tattoos were too, this isn't 1999 anymore, that excuse flies right out of the window. 2018 corporate world looks like this.
Natural_200347404-001.jpg

3850583c833e83a61fad8999daf84d71.jpg
be unrealistic, brehs.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
Legit question. Every time I see it, I think "why are you wearing eurocentric/asiatic hair? Before you tell me that some back women can have bone straight hair, show me. Show me a natural bone straight hair not mixed, only bantu or mende. I want to see.

saw a white dude online recently argue that Beyonce is appropriating white culture - and he wasn't being malicious, he isn't of the culture so he believes she is trying to look like a white woman with her appearance

416x416.jpg

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
:duck:

People in here lying blaming corporate culture when most of these women have been wearing weaves or straightening their hair since age 7. Many don't even have jobs, live in the ghetto but won't be caught dead without a weave or wig.
There is a reason why black women are bald by 40 and have to wear wigs later in life. We literally have to examine every act we do because of social conditioning.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just get with a woman who doesn't wear weaves and wigs if its a big deal to you. :yeshrug:

The only women I care about are the ones I date or my daughters if I have them.

I could care less what other women who i'm not in love with or raising are doing with their hair:yeshrug:

Black Haven

We will find another road to glory!!!
Daps
Just get with a woman who doesn't wear weaves and wigs if its a big deal to you. :yeshrug:

The only women I care about are the ones I date or my daughters if I have them.

I could care less what other women who i'm not in love with or raising are doing with their hair:yeshrug:
And the thing is that it's a hairstyle meaning they could switch back and forth anytime they want to because the shyt isn't permanent anyways. I don't know why some cats be tripping about that. Just let bw do what's comfortable with them.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That is a bullshyt argument because black women in the 70’s had Afros in professional environments

Eh, its not a bullshyt argument.

Its actually the best argument in defense of weaves and wigs, better than alot of the other ones mentioned in this thread.
Moving up and up in professional workplace almost required weaves and wigs back then, and even till today that's still a stigma.

I have many friends who are lawyers, doctors, senior VP level. There is absolutely a stigma against natural fros in these fields. My good friend who I visit form time to time is a Lawyer in SF for one of the biggest law firms in America. She is 100% anti-weave and refuses to wear it. When she got out to SF, many of her fellow attorneys (even the few black ones) would keep asking her if she was going to "do something" with her hair. As in "you cant keep that small fro"

Even the former First Lady of the United States of America wore a weave pretty much every time she was in public (iirc).

Trust me, the stigma is there, to say otherwise is ignorant.

I'm not caping up for weaves and wigs, I personally don't like them. But the argument of what is considered professional acceptable is a good argument.

IgnorantDwayneWayne

NC Pleighboy
Daps
Eh, its not a bullshyt argument.

Its actually the best argument in defense of weaves and wigs, better than alot of the other ones mentioned in this thread.
Moving up and up in professional workplace almost required weaves and wigs back then, and even till today that's still a stigma.

I have many friends who are lawyers, doctors, senior VP level. There is absolutely a stigma against natural fros in these fields. My good friend who I visit form time to time is a Lawyer in SF for one of the biggest law firms in America. She is 100% anti-weave and refuses to wear it. When she got out to SF, many of her fellow attorneys (even the few black ones) would keep asking her if she was going to "do something" with her hair. As in "you cant keep that small fro"

Even the former First Lady of the United States of America wore a weave pretty much every time she was in public (iirc).

Trust me, the stigma is there, to say otherwise is ignorant.

I'm not caping up for weaves and wigs, I personally don't like them. But the argument of what is considered professional acceptable is a good argument.
Do you agree that the majority of these women who wear wigs n weaves aren’t in those jobs you mentioned? Doesn’t that make it a bullshyt argument that should only be used if that woman works those jobs? Doesn’t your example of the lawyer who doesn’t do any of that but is still a lawyer at a big firm debunk that excuse? Yea her coworkers asked what she would do but did her bosses? No because that’s a law suit waiting to happen .