Bleaching is c00ning, double eye lid is c00ning, how come bone straight weaves aren't?

Lotsford

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Precisely, I know some women just don't know how to do their hair, their mothers failed them because in the past they had to conform, but in todays age when you can youtube a tutorial, there's no more excuses. The trend needs to start, NOW.

I can't speak for non African Americans and older people, but from what I can see on campus it is a trend starting since the the end of 2016. Women are rocking bald heads, buzz cuts, short afros, big afros ect. But you don't reverse insecurities and internalised racism with youtube videos. It takes time and it will happen. Best thing is be the change you wanna see, grow your hair out too if you haven't, maybe inspire a sister.

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
People need to understand that natural hair demands alot of maintenance and can wear you down with all the products you have to use to keep them up with. Plus you have your daily life you to focus on as well in between.So I don't fault bw that much when they don't choose to rock often.
If you're in a rush how long does it take to do this? moms do it to little girls rushing to go to school every day, takes nothing more than a handful of pomade.
afro-puff1.jpg

if you want it to be cuter slap it in pigtails. :stopitslime:

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
I can't speak for non African Americans and older people, but from what I can see on campus it is a trend starting since the the end of 2016. Women are rocking bald heads, buzz cuts, short afros, big afros ect. But you don't reverse insecurities and internalised racism with youtube videos. It takes time and it will happen. Best thing is be the change you wanna see, grow your hair out too if you haven't, maybe inspire a sister.
I didn't mean youtube to reverse anything, I mean youtube to help those that don't know how to do natural hair because their mothers didn't teach them.

Black Haven

We will find another road to glory!!!
Daps
Beauty standards impact women more than men this has always been a thing. Not saying black men do not receive pressure with hair (because I have some family members who tell me to cut mine, my mom also used to suggest texturizers) but the pressures women receive are magnified.
Yes I understand but let's not down play how kinky hair is still somewhat seen as unattractive overall even on bm in western society

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
You think that stuff is cheap here or something? :mjlol: Not to say some don't, they do, but many of them are kids following trends. Older crowd, not so much.

Here's a picture of rwandan women.
1423070881DSC_6698.jpg

Rwanda-women-1.jpg

Basically, you see more natural than bone straight, its something like 80% natural, but in America, I noticed it's 90% eurocentric, the complete opposite from Africa (not sure about Nigeria)

I never said corp didn't have an effect, I said present day, it shouldn't and gave tattoos as an example. You can also put that corp on the summer jam screen on social media, which many people are. Social norms of today are much different than they were yesterday. Present day we known to put the foot down and yell "this is how it comes out of my scalp, making me burn it or wear a hair hat should be illegal" and threaten legal action. Hell, I say do it intentionally and HOPE someone says something so you can collect a fat check. It's america, you people sue for everything, get in on it.
The last post i made in the "prettiest face" thread was of LIANE MUHOZA MUTAGANZWA, who I believe is from Rwanda.

I've known people from many if not most African immigrant groups. If you're sitting her telling me that most of these female immigrants and later generations HERE do not weave,wig or relax...I'm gonna have to call BS

If you're sitting in Rwanda now and commenting on American corporate culture..and it's mores and codes, going to have to say that you can't gauge reality from pop culture and social media.

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
Yes I understand but let's not down play how kinky hair is still somewhat seen as unattractive overall even on bm in western society

Waves are natural. Achievable with pomade, an hour of brushing, and a durag :mjlol: (big misconception that you have to relax it to get it waved)
bd791fca-c320-461e-afe0-b63a64227544_1.ce31e573a15611ef183db444186f3584.jpeg

KingTut

Green diamonds like a dill pickle
Daps
Reppin
TX
Yall grown ass men worried about some fukkin weave.

And to the breh who said he woke up 40 minutes early when he had long hair I call bullshyt. Mine is pretty damn long and it only takes about 10 minutes at the most to do my shyt in the morning. No curl sponge or anything except moisturizer and oil.

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
The last post i made in the "prettiest face" thread was of LIANE MUHOZA MUTAGANZWA, who I believe is from Rwanda.

I've known people from many if not most African immigrant groups. If you're sitting her telling me that most of these female immigrants and later generations HERE do not weave,wig or relax...I'm gonna have to call BS
Who the fukk is talking about immigrants, you asked about what I see.

If you're sitting in Rwanda now and commenting on American corporate culture..and it's mores and codes, going to have to say that you can't gauge reality from pop culture and social media.
Oh, so I'm lying?

As for Liane, rich woman that travels the world, she gets shyt for her hair, but of course some of the youth love it, being brained washed.

RadaMillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, Uganda
I feel like it ain’t that big of a deal, someone women look better with weave on and some with natural hair just like some guys can get away with bald head and others need to rock a beard. Whatever that makes u feel better :manny:

Black Haven

Daps
Waves are natural. Achievable with pomade, an hour of brushing, and a durag :mjlol: (big misconception that you have to relax it to get it waved)
bd791fca-c320-461e-afe0-b63a64227544_1.ce31e573a15611ef183db444186f3584.jpeg
I didn't mention anything about waves being unnatural (I don't know where you got that from) my argument was that long natural hair is still to some degree seen as undesirable on black men. Now of course you will have outliers here and there but overall it's still a problem for society.

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
I didn't mention anything about waves being unnatural (I don't know where you got that from) my argument was that long natural hair is still to some degree seen as undesirable on black men. Of course you will have outliers here and there but overall it's still a problem for society.
:dahell: the 'thot boy' look and dreads are the current trend. Seems like everybody has a sponge curl. :gucci: so not only is it not neat/clean long hair like the 90s, it's "the kinkier the better".

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Who the fukk is talking about immigrants, you asked about what I see.

Oh, so I'm lying?

As for Liane, rich woman that travels the world, she gets shyt for her hair, but of course some of the youth love it, being brained washed.

overly defensive.
I was giving props to Liane for being gorgeous, and mentioned the recent post to show that on a surface level I know a little about Rwanda.
No need to curse, was trying to figure where you were located & what besides pictures and videos you knew about this country and it's corporate code

Outside of very beautiful women, good food and music, and just general history......I know very little about Rwanda. I'd get laughed off a forum making comments about Rwandan business culture having never stepped a foot there.

Black Haven

Daps
:dahell: the 'thot boy' look and dreads are the current trend. Seems like everybody has a sponge curl. :gucci:
yes even I have the sponge with the taper cut but, there isn't a moment when someone mentions that I need a complete haircut in my family usually from elders. However, I do get my fair share of compliments but the fact remains that I get those kind of negative comments.

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
I feel like it ain’t that big of a deal, someone women look better with weave on and some with natural hair just like some guys can get away with bald head and others need to rock a beard. Whatever that makes u feel better :manny:
Kim K looks good with braids, some white women look good with afros and some look good with eurocentric hair. I think more white women should wear braids and afros. Whatever makes them feel better. :troll:
mqdefault.jpg

swerve

All Star
Daps
Who cares? Let people do themselves
Same with white people wearing cornrows.

If you want to look corny please do, but dont come at me with the CA culture leftist bullshyt