Blavity Blacks start Petition for Disney to give 25% of Black Panther profits to the black community

Pirius Black

Superstar
Daps
So I saw "Black Panther" Wednesday at the Fox Theater in Atlanta. Maannnn the cringeworthiness of the experience is hard to shake.

The movie's cool. I'm not a a comic guy, but it was a solid effort by cast and crew. The predominantly black cast and Ryan Coogler did their thing. I like to be blown away and I wasn't but whatever... It's still enjoyable.

But man... the thunderous roars and laughs that came from the audience at the quips and jabs taken at whites here and there throughout the movie really bothered me because all I pictured was the white folks laughing all the way to the bank....

Certain lines really roused the crowd in their militancy, but the basis of said lines was based on Wakanda and "Vibranium" and these mufukkas "yaasssssinnn" as though either one exist.
:mjlol: but really :mjcry:.

And I'm not going to spoil it, but the fact this movie ultimately propagandizes the C.I.A. is just
:hhh:.

Black Panther is truly the Barack Obama of cinema. More of that hype, symbolism, image shyt we geek off of. It brought home the fact how so many people be hollerin "woke" are just talking in their sleep.
If you had saw the movie alone, how would you rate It? Please tell me it's at least a solid 7+?

ColiBomaye

All Star
Daps
Once again, The Coli falls for a "Black Voices" article written by this person

g88L5noo_400x400.jpg

and gets upset over some no-name petition with less than 1,000 signatures.

:mjpls:I guess the agenda was to present us with an absurd example of reparations in order to make the concept as a whole look foolish.
Based on this thread, it's working well...

ultraflexed

Superstar
Daps
this is Disney right now

Disney dont gotta do shyt...

in fact, I want Disney to flex so these black liberal c00ns can see what true power looks like instead of bullshyt symbolism.

Learn to build something instead of beg for it....

somebody please give me that has nas gif......

ultraflexed

Superstar
Daps
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...2e4b044b3821ca5fb?ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000051
Gormley goes on to say that while it is a “symbolic victory” to see a major studio film with a majority black cast, black director and art direction helmed by black artists, this achievement doesn’t gain anything for the black community. He cites that Marvel’s marketing campaign has targeted black customers specifically by releasing the film during Black History Month and jazz poet Gil Scott-Heron’s “The Revolution Will Not Be Televised” playing in the background of the film’s initial trailer.

I mean the petition makes a point...

That Marvel have successfully exploited Black people by pandering...and that Marvel will take Black people money like never before...

But...ain't that what nikkas want?

Like Black people cry and complain..."How come we ain't on TV and movies..."

And then Marvel exploits the fukk out of you and make the ultimate Pro-Black militant escapism...

And now...Pro-Black militant points this out and wants a check...

Brehs and Brehettes...capitalism, representation and art go hand and hand...capitalism, representation and art won't save you...

You know who is laughing to the bank...Marvel/Disney...

You know who gotta go back to work tomorrow after you drop 50 to 100 dollars to see this shyt...You....

exactly, however marvel is in a no win situation, if they have no black movies there racist and discriminate..

if they do a black movie, there culture vultures, and pandering for black money.

the director is black, the cast is almost 100% dark skin/Brown skin....no light bright or biracials

this is enough, no one is ever happy.

Daps
:mjlol:shyt is just a movie
That money isnt gonna make a dent in anything

What percentage of the "black community" actually gone touch this money

What make then think disney gone do anything "charge people for their creations"brehs

CobaltBlue

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Ful Co.
So you would count the black community getting millions of dollars to help black people as pandering and you wouldn't be happy for the black community getting millions of dollars to help?
Are you just typing to be typing breh?
I don't live by what ifs. You really think Disney/Marvel gonna break bread with the"black community"? Where is this black community you speak of? Who run it? Who's in charge of the funds and disbursement of them?

Say breh.. I hope you first in line with your Black Panther tickets. Fantasy is right up your alley.