Blavity Blacks start Petition for Disney to give 25% of Black Panther profits to the black community

FSP

Banned
Daps
This whole thing has me :dwillhuh:

There's literally no reason to be upset that this movie is coming out, yet here people are, complaining

And yes that I get that the hypeboat has gone waay overboard.

But damn. This went from a good idea to two parties throwing feces at each other, and not only has the movie NOT even come out yet, but both sides are black.

Ya'll are crazy :mjlol:

FSP

Banned
Daps
You "Pro Black Panther" nikkas don't do shyt except try to get attention on social media/forums with your version of pro-blackness (that never has anything to do with ownership) and hype up movies and entertainment that isn't even black owned

- None of you are business owners or self employed and aren't trying to be. You argue how pro black you are from your desk while trying to make sure a white boss and white upper management don't see you
- You've never invested or donated to black businesses
- You don't even have any of your money in a black bank
- You've never employed a black person
- You've never helped a young black person learn a trade

But you think just because you're going to see black panther dressed up in a dashiki that you're doing more than me or others:mjlol:go see the movie, but it doesn't mean you're really putting in work, i can tell most of you lame nikkas aren't
Black banks. :mjlol: Banks only see 1 color :mjpls:

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
All these people over blowing this movie's impact likely never gave a fukk about black ownership or community until they jumped on the "woke" bandwagon a few years ago like everyone else. :francis:

I'm gonna watch it once all these promotions subside around when the Avengers Infinity movie comes out.

Disney cacs are the ones behind the marketing of this "woke" movie, sad how black folk are so damn obsessed with the cac c/s. Nah, go out and support black PRODUCED films before crying about this shyt

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
The fact this many black people didn't exhibit the same enthusiasm over Nate Parker's film about a real black hero is what I find so tragic about this Black Panther craze.

thank you, black folk still won't take something seriously unless it has the saltine approval, just look at the all Oscars and Grammy's bytching by black people every year

mr x

Superstar
Daps
full

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
thank you, black folk still won't take something seriously unless it has the saltine approval, just look at the all Oscars and Grammy's bytching by black people every year

True.

The Black Panther comic book and animated series have been around for years.

I remember trying to get people to watch the animated series as far back as 2012. They didn’t.

Fast forward to 2018 and nikkas are hittin’ me up like “you better support Black Panther, breh!”

I’m like :childplease:.

It always takes cacs to show interest or validate something for us to value it.

It’s a fukked up mindset.

Skrilla

MVP
Daps
Reppin
Cali
This shyt is beyond stupid. So do we access this money via the Bank of the Black Community?

:laff:
Yet, there are nikkas in here mad at us, just because we said these Disney cacs aren't going to do this. It's not hard to start a petition, but a lot of petitions get ignored. They were in here acting like the check had already been cut.

From the beginning, before all this, what i had been saying is ownership > symbolism. We have to stop acting like symbolism is the same as ownership. Pro Black = black ownership.

Now my message still hasn't changed, and this petition is ANOTHER good example. About the importance of OWNERSHIP. If you OWNED it, you wouldn't have to "ask" them for 25% of the profits, to give to your community. You could just do it. But when you have to "ask" (beg) they can tell you no and there's nothing you can do. Unless you finally start focusing on ownership.

These nikkas STILL don't get it.

zerorequiem

All Star
Daps
I hate how some have co-opted this movement; people who've probably never followed the MCU or Marvel in general.

Wear My Dawg's Hat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land That Time Forgot
In 1900, James Weldon Johnson writes a victorious poem that later becomes
the "Negro National Anthem": "Lift Evry Voice and Sing."

It is a song of a PROUD and ACCOMPLISHED people, in spite of what we faced.

"Lift every voice and sing, till earth and Heaven ring,
Ring with the harmonies of liberty;
Let our rejoicing rise, high as the listening skies,
Let it resound loud as the rolling sea.
Sing a song full of faith that the dark past has taught us,
Sing a song full of the hope that the present has brought us;
Facing the rising sun of our new day begun,
Let us march on till victory is won."

Now, the Blavity/The Grio/The Root types strive to market black folk as a pitiful mass
in need of sympathy and charity, similar to the way the ASPCA runs those late night dog
abuse infommercials.

1*1sRjieNBsYTVLAOczoxexQ.png

This needs to stop.

Just go enjoy Black Panther as entertainment.

Overall, It's about us building, NOT begging.

ThaEruditious

She luv it over here like Gold Watch.
Daps
Reppin
Nashville/Augusta
nikka If you don't sit your goofy ass down somewhere. nikka it's called being a culture vulture. You can't use black people for profit without black people demanding you give back to help the black community. That's not begging. That's mandatory. Since yall c00ns want to say "Why is black people so hyped about this movie doing good numbers don't they know all that money is going to white people". No we didn't know but since we know now. We are going to demand a percentage of the profits be donated back to the black community. Now when the white people who profit from the movie sales donate a percentage back to the black community. c00ns like your cornball ass claim black people begged for crumbs from white people. No you fuking c00n. We DEMANDED them to break bread not crumbs and give it back to the black community. Now you fukkin c00ns feel sorry for the white people who had to donate to the black community. Then y'all say "Why black people bully white people to donate. They aren't obligated to help the community of the people who help them make money". All you fukin c00ns and white trailer park trash racists go kill yourself

Tha fukk!? How are they being vultures when this shyt was created by cacs. Predating the actual Black Panthers by a few months, mind you. And what culture are they vulturing? Certainly it ain't a non-existant African American culture (the closest to which would be Hip Hop, I guess) considering BP is based in a fictional AFRICAN country.

It's a particular sect of nikkas that makes following the build up to this movie sickening.

Last edited: