Blavity Blacks start Petition for Disney to give 25% of Black Panther profits to the black community

lotteryplaya

Winning a big lottery jackpot is my dream.
Daps
Agents trying to make pro blackness seem cartoonish, this shyt isn't funny.
This. They asking for more from a movie than they expected from Obama in 8 years. These agents are being ordered by their racist white supremacist bosses to say and do anything to negatively impact this movies sales. Dumb articles and negative movie reviews with a black person as the alleged author so no one can make an accusation of racism.

Kerkum

Superstar
Daps
All these people over blowing this movie's impact likely never gave a fukk about black ownership or community until they jumped on the "woke" bandwagon a few years ago like everyone else. :francis:

I'm gonna watch it once all these promotions subside around when the Avengers Infinity movie comes out.
Yup, all these bandwagon, fairweather muthufukkas are really cheapening the movement. I would say this “wave” of militants showed up after Trayvon was murdered. From then on it’s been a never ending parade of fakes, phonies, & opportunists

SlimeyLilDude

Richest shooter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This black super hero movie is gonna do better than the white super hero movies. That's really why you c00ns and racists mad at black people coming together for this movie. But y'all claim symbolism don't mean nothing. That's a damn lie. If it didn't mean nothing y'all clowns wouldn't be so mad or worried about nothing concerning this movie. Y'all nikkas madder than a mf about how black people coming together to make this movie do big numbers

Skrilla

MVP
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I'm going to explain the other viewpoint one last time and before you start pounding your keyboard, at least read the whole post. You don't have to agree, but at least try to comprehend what some are saying.

There exists a certain percentage of the black population who has dedicated their life to black economic empowerment. They've studied the work of our intellectuals like Dr. Claude Anderson (A LOT OF BLACK MEN MY AGE DON'T EVEN KNOW WHO CLAUDE IS :snoop:), Marcus Garvey, and MLK who preached the utmost importance of TANGIBLE ECONOMIC POWER. But many don't give a damn about black economic empowerment which naturally frustrates people who fight for our race. Too many ppl are satisfied with symbolic displays of black power/excellence such as Obama's presidency, movies like Hidden Figures, or a singular black person winning an award.

There are a few cats on here who care about black economic empowerment but outside of here, MOST don't. I'm not going to lie. Most just want to work for white employers until they're 65 and waste money on trinkets. Not interested in building and never even heard of Powernomics.

So here comes the movie. Black people are praising this movie to no end and will spend millions to see it while the work of people like Claude Anderson and others who have tangible solutions for our community go largely unnoticed. You even have a poster on this thread who said that the symbolic images of blacks in this movie is more important than teaching our kids financial literacy. So in their mind if we had a choice between making all of our children financially literate and this movie coming out.. He would choose the movie. Do you see how insane that is??

I don't think most people have a problem with people going to see the move but instead they are making value judgments based on black peoples actions. To them (me included) black people are more excited about this movie that teaching financial literacy which is an actual strategy to get us out of this fukked up position we're in as black people. Is that really that hard to understand? Even if you don't agree, can you at least acknowledge that you understand the argument?

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
That was the Black feminists fault.

They let White feminists trick them into destroying a Black made movie about one of the greatest Black revolutionaries ever, while Casey Affleck was getting Oscars

"B-b-but i'm not concerned about White folks, that's they're business. I'm worried about us..."

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
This black super hero movie is gonna do better than the white super hero movies. That's really why you c00ns and racists mad at black people coming together for this movie. But y'all claim symbolism don't mean nothing. That's a damn lie. If it didn't mean nothing y'all clowns wouldn't be so mad or worried about nothing concerning this movie. Y'all nikkas madder than a mf about how black people coming together to make this movie do big numbers

Look at this nicca go...

the only way you can legit be this hype up in this thread talkin' this chit you been saying is if you
was Key Grip or Best Boy on this film or something...

BeeCityRoller

New Bee
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Queen City
I have seen you in every single race-related topic calling people c00ns for not having a Straight-Ticket Pro-Black mindset. You are the main one who appears to have a stake in a fictional character owned and operated by white people.

This movie will not change black peoples situation even a percentage of one percent. Even if it did, all that would tell me is we have way too much (already) invested in entertainment and not actual black economics. Nobody is saying to not enjoy the movie for what it is or enjoy life in general, but for Fake Woke Pro-Blacks to walk into AMC Theaters to hand over $14 on a ticket like youre walking in a voting booth to Elect Malcom X for president:scust:No, they may not be the majority, but they are the loudest and most obnoxious voices that are controlling the narrative, much like feminists. They will be called out and need to be stopped.

SlimeyLilDude

Richest shooter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have seen you in every single race-related topic calling people c00ns for not having a Straight-Ticket Pro-Black mindset. You are the main one who appears to have a stake in a fictional character owned and operated by white people.

This movie will not change black peoples situation even a percentage of one percent. Even if it did, all that would tell me is we have way too much (already) invested in entertainment and not actual black economics. Nobody is saying to not enjoy the movie for what it is or enjoy life in general, but for Fake Woke Pro-Blacks to walk into AMC Theaters to hand over $14 on a ticket like youre walking in a voting booth to Elect Malcom X for president:scust:No, they may not be the majority, but they are the loudest and most obnoxious voices that are controlling the narrative, much like feminists. They will be called out and need to be stopped.

Black people supported Hidden Colors and the money went straight to a black man who owns the movie. On top of that. That black documentary beat out most white documentaries. And it's black owned.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
full

:russ:

SuperNintendo Chalmers

Send it to the friggin moon idiot
Daps
Reppin
My goddamn self. Shout out to my real Africans
One guy sitting 2 rows behind me said he has a plan for black people to reclaim the entire Southern U.S. As Wakanda and claim Atlanta as the capital.

:mjlol:

Man I can't wait for this weekend to be over and folks can fake care about some shyt next week.