Blair Witch Sequel September 19

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
the first vehicle was an experience..it was only a first and one showing and leave it alone type experience..
i went in with watching the marketing ploy documentary before the theatre experience..everybody was intrigued and excited!
well you are also older. I was 9 years old, didn't see it in theaters, watched it on DVD. It was a little scary at first, and then as soon as I realized the footage wasn't real I was kinda like :beli:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
rofl at that gif.

I'm turned off by the whole idea of pretending this footage is real when I know it isn't, I'd rather it just be a legitimate film instead, and the fact that I knew the footage wasn't real made the film not very scary to me, even as a kid.. It wasn't terrible but meh. Didn't tickle my ballsack much. I was much more interested in The Sixth Sense if we're talking about Horror films from '99, a film Blair Witch can't hold a wand to imo :manny: there was also an incredible number of AMAZING films to come out in 1999 that I far preferred.

99 is one of the best years in film period

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
well you are also older. I was 9 years old, didn't see it in theaters, watched it on DVD. It was a little scary at first, and then as soon as I realized the footage wasn't real I was kinda like :beli:

Yeah see I was 13 and the way they marketed it, it was as if it was real. Like legitimate shyt. But even once that reality is broken, I feel like it still works

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
99 is one of the best years in film period
it's really kinda nutty breh. wtf yo.

fight club
american beauty
the matrix
green mile
eyes wide shut
sixth sense
toy story 2
magnolia
being john malkovich
office space
iron giant

then you got random ass dope ass movies like

the mummy
the insider
american pie
star wars ep 1 (yea yea i'll watch this all day for maul alone)
galaxy quest
dogma
boondock saints (even tho the director is a fukking fakkit)
sleepy hallow
austin powers
the world is not enough (cheesy yes but still decent, at least as a kid)
deuce bigalow
south park
three kings
october sky
Life
Hurricane
Blue Streak
Idle motherfukking HANDS SON
ghost dog

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Yeah see I was 13 and the way they marketed it, it was as if it was real. Like legitimate shyt. But even once that reality is broken, I feel like it still works
When i first started watching it i thought it was real too, but there are shots where there is only supposed to be one person in the scene and someone else is obviously holding a camera to get the shot and I'm just like :beli: even at 9 years old I was over analyzing shyt lol. If I could've gotten through one viewing without the jig being up so to speak I probably would've liked it better

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
the first vehicle was an experience..it was only a first and one showing and leave it alone type experience..
i went in with watching the marketing ploy documentary before the theatre experience..everybody was intrigued and excited!
i kind of agree with this. I don't think I ever rewatched it after the theaters..and my mom even bought the VHS

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I will, it's got solid enough reviews, and I was intrigued enough by 'The Woods' as a stand alone concept, before the reveal....I don't like that it's shaky cam again, or am I incorrect?

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I will, it's got solid enough reviews, and I was intrigued enough by 'The Woods' as a stand alone concept, before the reveal....I don't like that it's shaky cam again, or am I incorrect?

It's found footage so yeah I'm assuming it'll shake here and there. I heard the writer talk about the flick today on a podcast I listen to. Insightful shyt.

But also I'm a huge fan of him and the director so I was sold regardless. The Blair witch angle just turns it up a notch or three