Blair Witch Sequel September 19

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And it just hit me that Adam Wingard is directing :wow:
Wait a fukking minute. THIS is the same movie we saw in the form of the trailer for the secret movie called The Woods from earlier this year?!?!?! A sequel to The Blair Witch has been one of the most talked about and yet under wraps horror movies in recent memory.

2601533-7337650883-2b6b8.gif

These secret film projects like this and 10 Cloverfield Lane are pretty damn brilliant brehs

The black cat is out of the bag, officially, as Lionsgate has officially pulled off the greatest coup in the history of cinema. The Woods, in theaters September 16th, has a new title: BLAIR WITCH.

Yup, all this time The Woods has secretly been the hotly anticipated sequel to Eduardo Sanchez and Daniel Myrick’s indie smash The Blair Witch Project.

I believe now is as good of a time as any to throw out a booming TOLD YOU SO. Back on April 11, 2015, Bloody Disgusting exclusively broke the news that The Woods was allegedly a Blair Witchfilm. We knew we were onto something when we were met with deafening silence from the studio, producers and filmmakers.

But I digress, there’s a lot of good news here. The first being that we’re finally getting a sequel to The Blair Witch Project, the other is that it’s awesome. Yes, I’ve seen the movie and loved it so much I’m going to be championing it all the way through release this coming September. In fact, I’m now allowed to share my review, which you’ve seen plastered on posters and in the initial teaser trailer.

” ‘Blair Witch’ is that game-changer horror fans desperately have been waiting for. It will usher in a new breed of genre films that are targeted at creating an emotional experience above all else. “Scary” is probably an understatement as this may just be the first film since ‘The Exorcist’ that will leave younger audiences scarred for life.”

It truly is one of the scariest movies ever made…

Blair Witch is directed by Adam Wingard, who helmed V/H/S and V/H/S/2 for Bloody Disgusting (in the interest of full disclosure), not to mention the awesome The Guest and You’re Next. But when Blair Witch releases this fall, he will become a household name. Blair Witch is written by his longtime collaborator Simon Barrett:

A group of college students venture into the Black Hills Forest in Maryland to uncover the mysteries surrounding the disappearance of James’ sister who many believe is connected to the legend of the Blair Witch. At first the group is hopeful, especially when a pair of locals offer to act as guides through the dark and winding woods, but as the endless night wears on, the group is visited by a menacing presence. Slowly, they begin to realize the legend is all too real and more sinister than they could have imagined.

James Allen McCune, Callie Hernandez, Brandon Scott, Valorie Curry, Corbin Reid, and Wes Robinson star.

As I said previously, I’m putting my full weight behind Blair Witch in a way that I haven’t done since Paranormal Activity. It’s terrifying. It’s rattling. It’s next level.

Roy Lee (The Ring, The Grudge, The Strangers, It), Steven Schneider (Paranormal Activity, Insidious), Keith Calder and Jessica Wu (You’re Next, The Guest) are the producers.

BW-Image.jpg

FIN03_TheWoods_Tsr3_VF.jpg

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Let me get in here with my negative opinion & why I'm not here for it
So the brother had to have been fairly young when his older sister vanished into the woods almost 20'years ago. She still may be alive. Or...maybe she found her way out. If not she just may be the Blair Witch. Spending 20years in the woods give you plenty of time to build wooden figures & set booby traps for unwanted visitors. So there, I think the missing sister will in fact be the witch.
And at least one of the black people will die. We may luck out to have one live, but both won't be walking it of the woods

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Let me get in here with my negative opinion & why I'm not here for it
So the brother had to have been fairly young when his older sister vanished into the woods almost 20'years ago. She still may be alive. Or...maybe she found her way out. If not she just may be the Blair Witch. Spending 20years in the woods give you plenty of time to build wooden figures & set booby traps for unwanted visitors. So there, I think the missing sister will in fact be the witch.
And at least one of the black people will die. We may luck out to have one live, but both won't be walking it of the woods

Don't be so negative pretty lady lol