Blair Witch Project Is The Most Effective Horror Movie Ever Made

blair witch is a classic

• co-sign, its a classic! :lawd:

Votes: 28 35.4%
  • fukk outta here blair witch was trash :pacspit:

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • once I knew it was fake I was like :shaq2:

Votes: 9 11.4%
  • movie got too much undeserved hate. not a classic, but a very good film :whew:

Votes: 11 13.9%
  • people actually thought it was real? :what: fukkin idiots

Votes: 18 22.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )
If you didn't enter the movie with the right mind set, then you lost. Period.
If you allow yourselves to be in their position, you don't need any crazy FX, monsters, scary music, set pieces, etc. Just unraveling the mystery upon first viewing should be enough to emphasize the empathy.

Since BWP I've seen many blockbuster movies at the theaters and to this day I have not been a single show that was as packed as that one. People were literally sitting on the floor and standing against the wall. It was a fukking fire hazard.
The atmosphere was crazy. You could hear a pin drop, mufukkas were barely breathing and shyt. Not showing the witch only enhanced the movie IMO, it made you use your imagination. Ol girl running and screaming "WTF IS THAT, OMG WTF IS THAT!?!" that shyt was like :ooh::ohhh:

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
Sorry for the triple post..

But it's also much easier to now laugh at whoever thought it could have been real back when it was released. If you were around and paid attention to how the marketing ran for the movie, it'd be borderline harder to swallow that it was all a sham.

They had multiple documentaries, investigation papers "leak", they had some news outlets buying in and reporting about it

exactly

remember folks, there was no wikipedia back then to expose 6 months before the movie came out if it was real or not. like I said before, if you did a google search about the blair witch back then you would find all this planted information created by the marketing team. it presented itself as a real event and legend. even though it was only 13 years ago it was a more innocent time period I think. It hit right at the start of the internet boom, when it became standard for the average household to have personal computers connected to the internet. it was a less cynical era than we live in now

VBM

┌∩┐(●_●)┌∩┐
Daps
Reppin
Dallas by way of Houston by way of San Antonio
Still liked this better

the-ring-01.gif

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
What does Heather see when she screams (while fleeing the tent), "Oh my God what's that!? What the f*ck is that!?!"

At this point in the film, while they were fleeing from the tent, what Heather actually saw were two members of the crew, dressed head-to-toe in white thermal underwear, ski-masks, etc.,(:merchant:) pacing them through the woods to the left of the camera. The original intention was that Heather and Josh's cameras would pick up a ghostly white image which would have been examined more carefully in the end film; remember that at the time of filming, the intention was that the footage by Heather, Mike and Josh would only make up part of a more traditional documentary film that would have been closer to 'The Curse of The Blair Witch' Sci-Fi special than what the finished film ended up being.

Demon

Evil b*stard
Daps
Reppin
Hell on Earth
I had to put down Classic.

I saw this in theaters when I was 17...and I won''t lie, I was kinda shook. Anyone remember that sci fi special that came on before the movie came out?

Intense, Groundbreaking film

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Major props for making a killing off a simple idea and market the shyt to perfection, to not only get people to see the movie in droves, but to also fool these same people that the movie was scary. One of the great scams we ever seen but major props on the execution.

I loved the idea of blair witch but movie was not good.