Blair Witch Project Is The Most Effective Horror Movie Ever Made

blair witch is a classic

• co-sign, its a classic! :lawd:

Votes: 28 35.4%
  • fukk outta here blair witch was trash :pacspit:

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • once I knew it was fake I was like :shaq2:

Votes: 9 11.4%
  • movie got too much undeserved hate. not a classic, but a very good film :whew:

Votes: 11 13.9%
  • people actually thought it was real? :what: fukkin idiots

Votes: 18 22.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
Movie was very effective in grabbing you and holding your interest if you were there to see it for a 1st time in the theaters. All the elements surrounding the marketing & having the viewer half believe what they were seeing, made it a real great horror movie experience in the moment. Movie doesn't hold up after everything blows over though.

Daps
Reppin
St louis
i'll have to agree...it had people wondering if it
was real for like a year or two.

a0yqua.jpg

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
ANyone who thought the Blair Witch Project was real was gullible as hell. And anyone who was frightened while watching it is a bit of a p*ssy. The movie on its face is just not good by any metric that films are measured.
The marketing however was brilliant and was the inspiration for every other marketing campaign that any movie (and even some TV shows) have utulized since and that is not just regarding found footage type flicks.

Nick Barnes

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Minneapolis
I seen this movie when I was 11, and shyt scared the hell out of me. I remember my uncle fukkin with me saying it was real so I was never sure if he was lying or not. That made it even more scary.

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
I think it is a classic strictly for starting the "mockumentary" trend of horror movies... Also it flipped the script and kept you watching from the victim's point of view as opposed to showing the killer's point of view... Also, I didn't realize it was fake until they had the bytch on Jay Leno and I was like:ohhh:

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )
ANyone who thought the Blair Witch Project was real was gullible as hell.

Many people thought it was real cuz of the amazing marketing and documentaries. Thats how you know that shyt worked. :jawalrus:

And anyone who was frightened while watching it is a bit of a p*ssy.

:shaq2:So people aren't allowed to be scared at a horror movie? People were shook at Paranormal Activity too. buncha pussies.

The movie on its face is just not good by any metric that films are measured.

:upsetfavre:This movie was highly original and doesn't need to be measured by the same bullshyt as other movies. shytload of movies today uses the Blair Witch marketing scheme. So many movies today now use the found footage/documentary/hand held cam style that people get sick of it. Face it, most people were mad cuz they were either fooled or thought it was a slasher in the woods type movie. not enough gore or blood.

But I do remember everybody putting rock piles around people cars or houses :russ:

RJY33

master of reality
Daps
Needed to be seen in a dark theater to be truly appreciated. Watching on a laptop in the afternoon completely alters the atmosphere of the movie.

Everyone in the theater in 99 was :merchant: for 90 minutes and :damn: when they walked out.

The sequel is actually better even though its a different movie altogether :mjpls:

TdashDUB

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Austin
If you didn't enter the movie with the right mind set, then you lost. Period.

You have to take out any and every preconceived notion of MOVIES in general and get in the headspace of how the Blair Witch is suppose to be portrayed. In that light, like someone said before, you allow yourself to vicariously walk in their shoes and see the break from sanity happen in real time almost. Despite people saying the movie isn't scary, I know DAMN WELL if any of you were swapped out with that bish and experienced everything she/they did in person, you'd be out of underwear from excessively sh!tting yourself

If you allow yourselves to be in their position, you don't need any crazy FX, monsters, scary music, set pieces, etc. Just unraveling the mystery upon first viewing should be enough to emphasize the empathy.

I remember when the movie came out, a big group of backlash was due to them never actually showing the blair witch.. So wtf??? You think a supernatural mockumentary sold as REAL footage would look more authentic had they actually showed a "witch"????

Sometimes I think people don't even realize what they are complaining for.

TdashDUB

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Austin
:upsetfavre:This movie was highly original and doesn't need to be measured by the same bullshyt as other movies. shytload of movies today uses the Blair Witch marketing scheme. So many movies today now use the found footage/documentary/hand held cam style that people get sick of it. Face it, most people were mad cuz they were either fooled or thought it was a slasher in the woods type movie. not enough gore or blood.

EXACTLY.
This movie was the FIRST of it's kind.
It had NO barometer to be measured off of. People don't put this into perspective when watching it, so of course that viewing isn't going to support the same magic it did back in 99.

TdashDUB

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Austin
Sorry for the triple post..

But it's also much easier to now laugh at whoever thought it could have been real back when it was released. If you were around and paid attention to how the marketing ran for the movie, it'd be borderline harder to swallow that it was all a sham.

They had multiple documentaries, investigation papers "leak", they had some news outlets buying in and reporting about it