Just saw the movie today, pretty good:ohhh::whoo:
Some parts had me like this though:mindblown:
i now need to go watch the first one:dead:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
'GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESUUUUUUUSSS!!!!!' is probably what would've come out of my mouth if I hadn't sat through the entire movie in silent awe. There were at least four scenes after which I realized I might've had a genuine out-of-body experience I was so into it, but overall you are watching some insane construction of pure godly cinema from beginning to end.

Villeneuve definitely doesn't hide the fact he's paying 100% respect to the original by making every scene about showcasing this harrowing vision of the future, whether it helps the storytelling or stands firmly in its way. because frankly there's no denying that the plot is abysmal (in fact even lighter than the original), and the conclusion is only the slightest pay-off to the slow-paced two and a half hours of cerebral build-up, but goddamn if not every single scene is crafted to stay in your memory forever. The film feels like an extended version of the spaceship entrance in Arrival. It's mind blowing and every little aspect of it, sight and sound, is handled perfectly. I honestly think some film makers might watch this and hang up their careers as they realize they just ain't shyt compared to this.

It seems only right that I score the movie a 2049 out of 10, which might not even be that much of an exaggeration since it might take until 2049 for another filmmaker to catch up to what Villeneuve delivered here.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
'GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESUUUUUUUSSS!!!!!' is probably what would've come out of my mouth if I hadn't sat through the entire movie in silent awe. There were at least four scenes after which I realized I might've had a genuine out-of-body experience I was so into it, but overall you are watching some insane construction of pure godly cinema from beginning to end.

Villeneuve definitely doesn't hide the fact he's paying 100% respect to the original by making every scene about showcasing this harrowing vision of the future, whether it helps the storytelling or stands firmly in its way. because frankly there's no denying that the plot is abysmal (in fact even lighter than the original), and the conclusion is only the slightest pay-off to the slow-paced two and a half hours of cerebral build-up, but goddamn if not every single scene is crafted to stay in your memory forever. The film feels like an extended version of the spaceship entrance in Arrival. It's mind blowing and every little aspect of it, sight and sound, is handled perfectly. I honestly think some film makers might watch this and hang up their careers as they realize they just ain't shyt compared to this.

It seems only right that I score the movie a 2049 out of 10, which might not even be that much of an exaggeration since it might take until 2049 for another filmmaker to catch up to what Villeneuve delivered here.
:banderas:

Villegoat the gawd. New avi off the strength of this review.

I'm gone til Saturday afternoon

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
FAN-fukking-tastic! Had me on the edge of my seat almost the entire time. There were so many levels to this. I'm still trying to process it. But the visuals, the acting, the freakin script and dialogue. This was excellent sci-fi. I need to see it again because I know there's more there than what I took in. The meta commentary though about humanity and free will and happiness. Mind blown!

10 out of 10 for me.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Denis Villeneuve did it again. It was a little longer than I liked...but the payoff off at the end made up for that slow build. The plot itself was really nothing special IMO. In fact it was kind of just average. But the cinematography was incredible. Every scene was memorable. I think it was a little harder for me to appreciate it as the movie was happening but I realized every little inconsequential scene actually played a part to how everything concluded with K's character. The last movie I watched in theatre that did that was Logan.

shyt I'm still recalling things I didn't catch at first.

Great film.

Maude

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Midwest
Denis Villeneuve did it again. It was a little longer than I liked...but the payoff off at the end made up for that slow build. The plot itself was really nothing special IMO. In fact it was kind of just average. But the cinematography was incredible. Every scene was memorable. I think it was a little harder for me to appreciate it as the movie was happening but I realized every little inconsequential scene actually played a part to how everything concluded with K's character. The last movie I watched in theatre that did that was Logan.

shyt I'm still recalling things I didn't catch at first.

Great film.
shyt was long as hell. People were walking out @track 1 but every scene had meaning.
The visuals were :ohlawd:
Felt kinda bad for K at the end he seemed disappointed:mjcry:

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Anyone surprised to see Barkhad Abdi? I'm so glad he's still getting work. I hope he gets more gigs.

I have a few questions - please don't bark at me, it was a lot to take in.

Was K really born, or did Harrison Ford's character really just pull the okie doke and pull off the ultimate switch to hide the identity of his daughter?If K wasn't really born, why was he a kid? Matter of fact, why were there legions of kids in the factory in which he worked if being born was such an anomoly? I'm confused about when childhood stopped and for whom? Because his captain was a child, she said so.

Did anyone suspect that at first, K had killed his own father (that big dude he tried to take in at first). It's strange that all of the clues fell in line after he found that guy? Was that a coincidence, good detective work, or is there some greater meaning to all of that?

When Joi called K "Joe", and then later we discover her model is designed to seduce/advertise by calling randoms 'Joe', does that mean their entire relationship was a lie? It didn't feel like one. I really loved how ride or die she was, but that one moment had me questioning the whole thing.