Blade Runner 2049 (Official Thread)

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It amazes me how some still not appreciating the impact and influence the original Blade Runner was to cinema. That film and Mad Max The Road Runner are two of the most influential futuristic sci-fi films ever made. Japanese anime basically seized the concept of Blade Runner and ran with it. So to suggest the overtly long awaited sequel is at LEAST as good as the 1st is saying a lot.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Style over substance? Pretty much. Which is what I was fearing when I went into it. Which is a shame because there's a lot of great ideas in the film (you could argue too many), many of which don't build enough subtextual foundation to leave you to ponder about the human condition. It either briefly goes over one idea and before it has any thematic pull - it moves onto the next idea, or revisits an idea and tells it in the same manner.

It just feels rather empty. I kind of feel like I've been saying that a lot of the films I've watched recently.
Did you watch the first one?

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Report back asap I'm not gonna be able to watch it till Saturday:mjcry:
I'm seeing it Sat too. This and Logan were far and away my most anticipated movies of the year.

I'm fukking giddy.

The French are getting this collectors steelbook :wow:

BladeRunner_Coffret_Pack3D.jpg

@MartyMcFly @Sensitive Blake Griffin @HHR

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I'm seeing it Sat too. This and Logan were far and away my most anticipated movies of the year.

I'm fukking giddy.

The French are getting this collectors steelbook :wow:

BladeRunner_Coffret_Pack3D.jpg

@MartyMcFly @Sensitive Blake Griffin @HHR
:wow:

I don't cop blurays often but I might have to pick this up. I'm seeing this on saturday at 2:30 with my pops. I didn't even know this flick was in 3D until I copped tickets. Didn't think Villenueve was into that format but I couldn't for the life of me remember if Arrival was in 3D or not.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
:wow:

I don't cop blurays often but I might have to pick this up. I'm seeing this on saturday at 2:30 with my pops. I didn't even know this flick was in 3D until I copped tickets. Didn't think Villenueve was into that format but I couldn't for the life of me remember if Arrival was in 3D or not.
It's my wedding anniversary, but I had to sneak in 2049 :wow:

I said "babe I made some appointments for you Saturday morning" :lolbron::lolbron: