Black woman wants to know why don't Black men BUILD in their communities like Asian and Hispanic men do?

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
Breh, use what ever measure or category you want but the fact is black countries have failed economically.
shyt, let's take GDP out of the equation, socially economically, very few black countries are doing well in that either, you can just tell looking at the life expectancy.
Having functioning schools, good literacy rate(in native language), enough hospitals for the populace should be a bare minimum for all countries, not just Europeans. Who said I was using European centric skills anyways? Asian countries with their own metric would all have the same countries under the same category.

Interestingly a number of Caribbean countries are doing reasonably well. Like the Bahamas, Barbados, St Kitts, and Antigua.

As for African countries we know what happened there.

Slavery, colonization destroying native governments and cacs turning them into puppet states to serve euro imperial interests so that when they became "independent" they had no experience with self rule and it worked about as well as you'd imagine except in those countries that had a strong tradition of self rule pre-colonization like Ghana, Ethiopia, Tanzania, and a few others.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Brothers hate one another. Especially when it comes to working with one another.. If you cant see this you either not involved with your company or you live in a very diverse or white community.

Not true, I have 3 other brehs on my work team and we all get along well.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not true, I have 3 other brehs on my work team and we all get along well.

I meant community breh. Let me fix that typo. :snoop:

I didn't mean work, I mean dealing with random brothers out and about. We really don't talk much as it is, so IMO it'll be almost impossible to sit down and do business with one another. It's a lot of social issues that needs to be addressed before we can move ahead as a people.

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
This breh copped some save A lots supermarkets in the memphis and Nashville area,,
we have a lot of black owned businesses in the Memphis area,,,, here is the things, Cac's are policing alot of the government contracts and general contracts in some cases,,,

Nashville developer buys Memphis-area Save A Lots​

7380a452-95d5-49ff-aa2c-063e8cba66f3-NAS-Food-deserts-001.JPG

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Let's be honest the woman despite not taking into account history is also not completely wrong.

There are 2 major issues I think the next generations are going to have to overcome. These are things I have had to deal with personally or have seen. I think if we can overcome this we have a chance of rebuilding the Black community.

1) We as Black men do not work well together. How do I know this. Make a business plan that is relatively safe but not especially lucrative in the short term. Ask your 3 closest friends to put in 5000 dollars (or whatever it may be relative to what you would consider to be a sizable amount) and watch them squirm and make a face.

2) As some who came out of the hood and have made it a comfortable position I think middle class and poor/streets have to come to some level of understanding with each other because everytime someone tries to open a business or something and it becomes successful street dudes get in the way and either make his life difficult or they rob and kill him.

There are other things but these 2 things come to mind immediately.

There is still financial racism that makes it difficult for Black men to get capital as well.

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Let's be honest the woman despite not taking into account history is also not completely wrong.

There are 2 major issues I think the next generations are going to have to overcome. These are things I have had to deal with personally or have seen. I think if we can overcome this we have a chance of rebuilding the Black community.

1) We as Black men do not work well together. How do I know this. Make a business plan that is relatively safe but not especially lucrative in the short term. Ask your 3 closest friends to put in 5000 dollars (or whatever it may be relative to what you would consider to be a sizable amount) and watch them squirm and make a face.

2) As some who came out of the hood and have made it a comfortable position I think middle class and poor/streets have to come to some level of understanding with each other because everytime someone tries to open a business or something and it becomes successful street dudes get in the way and either make his life difficult or they rob and kill him.

There are other things but these 2 things come to mind immediately.

There is still financial racism that makes it difficult for Black men to get capital as well.

agree with your post

most black people and black families have no camaraderie and support among each other,,