Black woman wants to know why don't Black men BUILD in their communities like Asian and Hispanic men do?

Inokja

Rookie
Daps
It goes both ways. Plenty of Haitians got killed by African Americans back then.

Plenty of AAs tell their kids not to date stink Haitians and all that. When this forum opened, there were posters saying they would never fukk a Haitian woman cuz Haitian people stink. Some were even caribbeans

You can’t generalize everyone

"Plenty of AAs"? Most AAs have never even met a Haitian. I know indeed there have been local tensions where Hatian immigrants lived, but there is no collective "anti-Haitian" animus among AAs. Those same people committing crime against Haitians did the same against other AAs. The reality is that the majority of black immigrant descended populations and AAs are living their lives amongst each other with no issues (again, not to dismiss issues that do arise, but to characterize as some collective mutual duality seems to be generalizing).

With respect to your mentioning of anti-Haitian sentiment amongst Caribbean people, similarly, most have no issues with Haitians and are just living their lives.
Some may carry over local Caribbean geopolitical sentiments when they immigrate from the Caribbean (of which said sentiments could be a topic on their own to include anti-Haitian sentimenents in continental latin america), but AAs have no such context for Haitians in the first place. There is no collective animus on a "national identity" level from AAs the way you might witness in other populations. Being a minority population, AAs largely perceive themselves in a racial panafrican context as "black living in America" before they do as "American". That doesn't change until they are challenged/confronted within the context of being Americans by others. And even then, it then becomes an ethnic identity of "black american / african-american" before just "American" (if that latter one at all). If you want to talk about xenophobia from "FBA" and other internet warriors? Go outside to the nearest AA and ask them if they even know what FBA is.

I may have misunderstood what you meant in your post though, and if I did, I apologize.

Last edited:

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
"Plenty of AAs"? Most AAs have never even met a Haitian. I know indeed there have been local tensions where Hatian immigrants lived, but there is no collective "anti-Haitian" animus among AAs. Those same people committing crime against Haitians did the same against other AAs. The reality is that the majority of black immigrant descended populations and AAs are living their lives amongst each other with no issues (again, not to dismiss issues that do arise, but to characterize as some collective mutual duality seems to be generalizing).

With respect to your mentioning of anti-Haitian sentiment amongst Caribbean people, similarly, most have no issues with Haitians and are just living their lives.
Some may carry over local Caribbean geopolitical sentiments when they immigrate from the Caribbean (of which said sentiments could be a topic on their own to include anti-Haitian sentimenents in continental latin america), but AAs have no such context for Haitians in the first place. There is no collective animus on a "national identity" level from AAs the way you might witness in other populations. Being a minority population, AAs largely perceive themselves in a racial panafrican context as "black living in America" before they do as "American". That doesn't change until they are challenged/confronted within the context of being Americans by others. And even then, it then becomes an ethnic identity of "black american / african-american" before just "American" (if that latter one at all). If you want to talk about xenophobia from "FBA" and other internet warriors? Go outside to the nearest AA and ask them if they even know what FBA is.

I may have misunderstood what you meant in your post though, and if I did, I apologize.
The bolded has largely, been a big problem for us

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
I'm not going to lie...the more I think about it more right she seems.

Every area down here with just a few Dominicans has a Dominican supermarket and businesses that we go to.

The Black areas have mostly corner stores, and Winn-Dixie's with terrible service. Some also have Latino-owned supermarkets.

It's something I've probably taken for granted, but I always know if there's Domincans around, I can find a store for the stuff we like.
I think it’s dumb to compare American hoods to immigrant hoods. Immigrant hoods don’t do this stuff to prove their masculinity or to prove they are leaders. They do this because of language barriers and community.

How many Dominican Americans do you know doing the exact same thing? Not much because they are Americanized and don’t need to be in a centralized community to survive unless they failed at life.

Video would have made more sense if she was in a hood where Hispanic Americans are doing this.

Cause from what I’ve seen the Puerto Rican community is not much different than African American community and that’s because Puerto Ricans aren’t immigrants

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.

You are right most AAs never met a Haitian but there was def an anti-Haitian stigma in the locations they lived in by both AAs and other West Indian groups.

I know for a fact this was the case in New Jersey and Brooklyn back in the 90s.

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
You are right most AAs never met a Haitian but there was def an anti-Haitian stigma in the locations they lived in by both AAs and other West Indian groups.

I know for a fact this was the case in New Jersey and Brooklyn back in the 90s.
It was the generation before mine but the Haitians had it BAD in early 90s in south florida, they would have days designated where they beat them up at school and jump them, all my friends who went to school in that era have stories of big ass rumbles or having to run home not to get jumped. I think Hatians had it bad compared to other Caribbean because the language was more of slang french than slang english. Bahamian and jamaican can come and still be understood for most part, Language is ALWAYS a huge part of culture, but when people dont understand a word you saying it creates that disconnect.

@Inokja most AA might not have met a Haitian but where ever haitians were they got heavy discrimination early on, dont forget leaving the 80s into 90s there was also the propaganda that aids was created in haitian community and pushed in media even, so the kids were getting ostracized for having aids, they would say they eat cat, laugh at they clothes (dress is another very important communication in culture, black culture especially), any body with no swag can get it but if you already an outsider and you trying to just keep your head down and get by, getting picked on for wearing the only shyt you got or can afford on top of everything else makes it tough. I heard sooo many stories growing up from people who had to go thru it, if you talk to anyone who was actually in school in early 90s they will tell u

I dont think those stories are hard to find, and haitians dont really hold grudge but to make it seem like it was all good and open hands is disingenuous. I think them boys fighting back and actually gangs like zoe pound got the respect of alot of people. He might have no swag, cant speak english but he will throw hands and clap back if he have to, there was no back down. That changed by late 90s.. By late 00s them boys got up on that white collar crime and started getting scam money with they swag up lol

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People dont buy into the black community. People move like its some shyt you stuck with if you broke. I say this as someone who supports black businesses and goes to black events in my city regularly. Outside of the activist types and the needy there is frighteningly little support for our own by our own.

To me the bottom line is folks just wanna get theirs and assimilate. This is why all the rah-rah black nationalist/ADOS shyt is disingenuous as fukk to me. People lose their appetite for all that black community shyt only months after the last high profile police brutality case. People in this country want to be the cosmopolitan forever consumers of mainstream pop culture that they were socially engineered for and their only problem with society is that the white girls can afford more Starbucks.

Folks only get on their black shyt when white people make them feel insecure. People only wanna get pro black when someone is murdered on some racist shyt but it's "hotep" to care outside of it. Or like female swirlers on social media getting compelled to write thinkpieces when they see a black man with a white woman while ignoring her own desire for interracial partners.

The woman is right. Im tired of people only caring about "the community" when its to leverage it as criticism on someone else or to grift. When on the day to day the people who care are vastly outnumbered. Proof is out there
:whew:

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Listen to what you’re saying. You didn’t treat a good woman well. She was allegedly better than all the black women, yet you STILL cheated! You’re admitting men shouldn’t have to improve ourselves, we just need women who will put up with it.

It doesn't strengthen any point besides the fact that you are a cheater whose values clearly aren't reliable. I haven't seen what you are talking about, which is why I asked where you was located? Do you realize 70 and 75k are above average? So if you have seen that, then it makes sense

:huhldup:His talkin points were self ether and he didn’t even realize it.

Those “bad” Latinas with what he describes as average Latinos are just Latinos. They speak the language, understand their customs and want to maintain that through her children.

Now where the fukk did I say she was a good woman? Where did I say that? And where did I say she was better than all the black women? Or did I just say she came from a patriarchal culture? What her MOM said was at issue, not the quality of this woman.

I fukked up by cheating to end that relationship rather than just ending it when I was like 26 years old. But y'all are the ones jumping to conclusions about the woman while I was discussing the culture. You literally cannot logically move from what I said to what y'all are talking about without (bad) jumps in logic.

Part of the reason I'd ended it was because this girl had one foot in patriarchal Mexican culture and another in lazy feminist culture. She's still single while most all her Mexicana friends & family members are married at this point.

Last edited:
Daps
Looking at this thread over again is sad. She’s basically saying we’re inferior to other races of men while simultaneously ignoring (not looking for) the black men that are out there making a name for themselves (not unusual for bw), not only that, but so is the YouTuber this tiktok came from and the comment section in that video and half the posters here are agreeing with them. Even male feminists have some kind of backbone

degu9089

All Star
Daps
Looking at this thread over again is sad. She’s basically saying we’re inferior to other races of men while simultaneously ignoring (not looking for) the black men that are out there making a name for themselves (not unusual for bw), not only that, but so is the YouTuber this tiktok came from and the comment section in that video and half the posters here are agreeing with them. Even male feminists have some kind of backbone
It is what it is. Only thing you can do is get yourself right and help when can you after you get there. Since 2018 a lot of notions I had about black women have been completely turned around and I’ve had to face the truth. 🤷🏿‍♂️

Last edited:

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
When people keep asking certain questions about black people, and explaining real reasons isn’t enough, it’s because they want us to admit from our own mouths we are defective. It is a strange obsession. They want black men to admit there is something inherently wrong with us

Thats why i keep saying, let’s turn this whole country into a giant dog park with highways ontop of EVERYONES neighborhoods and see if it comes down to IQ and “working hard”

Last edited:

saturn7

Politics is an EXCHANGE!!!
Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
***WARNING***
Potentially heartbreaking content ahead.

Is BGS right or is he making the current situation out to be worse than it actually is?

TaxCollector13459

2018 Coli Rookie of the Year
Daps
It was the generation before mine but the Haitians had it BAD in early 90s in south florida, they would have days designated where they beat them up at school and jump them, all my friends who went to school in that era have stories of big ass rumbles or having to run home not to get jumped. I think Hatians had it bad compared to other Caribbean because the language was more of slang french than slang english. Bahamian and jamaican can come and still be understood for most part, Language is ALWAYS a huge part of culture, but when people dont understand a word you saying it creates that disconnect.

@Inokja most AA might not have met a Haitian but where ever haitians were they got heavy discrimination early on, dont forget leaving the 80s into 90s there was also the propaganda that aids was created in haitian community and pushed in media even, so the kids were getting ostracized for having aids, they would say they eat cat, laugh at they clothes (dress is another very important communication in culture, black culture especially), any body with no swag can get it but if you already an outsider and you trying to just keep your head down and get by, getting picked on for wearing the only shyt you got or can afford on top of everything else makes it tough. I heard sooo many stories growing up from people who had to go thru it, if you talk to anyone who was actually in school in early 90s they will tell u

I dont think those stories are hard to find, and haitians dont really hold grudge but to make it seem like it was all good and open hands is disingenuous. I think them boys fighting back and actually gangs like zoe pound got the respect of alot of people. He might have no swag, cant speak english but he will throw hands and clap back if he have to, there was no back down. That changed by late 90s.. By late 00s them boys got up on that white collar crime and started getting scam money with they swag up lol

Dope post bro.