Black woman wants to know why don't Black men BUILD in their communities like Asian and Hispanic men do?

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
Yea because we failed breh

The coping mechanisms gotta stop. Call shyt what it is

If the Patriots beat the Rams nobody's gonna say "Nah man the rams didn't lose, they had systematic issues against them"

Black people are the most gifted people on the planet and everybody else knows it and acts accordingly. These other groups are not playing and in the scope of everything we're a largely unserious group
yall just saying anything in this thread :what:

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Would you be willing to lay that argument out here?

if you want to compare us to Hispanic and Asian
It’s definitely the women. Not saying sista have not been supportive but our generation did not grow up with supportive women.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
if you want to compare us to Hispanic and Asian
It’s definitely the women. Not saying sista have not been supportive but our generation did not grow up with supportive women.

I want you to get more specific. What are the asian and hispanic women doing that the Black women aren't doing?

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Slavery, rape, abandonment, epigenetics, poverty, abuse, dysfunctional family structures, harsh work environments, extreme independence, violence etc...

Are you not AA?
Of course I am. I still think you should spell out these ideas to make sure we're all on the same page.

CarmelBarbie

At peace
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
I have nothing to say but I just realized they done bushed @™BlackPearl The Empress™?? What did she say to get bushed???
:ohhh:
Probably something she said in this thread.

I’m actually been thinking more about it today but this site really is a space for Brehs to talk among themselves. And women are invited to share insight or thoughts too but we have to respect that this is ultimately a space for Brehs.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yall just saying anything in this thread :what:
How is this just anything? Do black folks not often have head in the sand delusions of grandeur about some of the Ls we take?

I see the shyt all the time. Acknowledgement of cases where black folks were defeated or finessed out of position are met with excuses like "Nah they didn't beat us they just have a system built to oppress us"

That means they fukkin beat us

We're too attached to coping mechanisms that paint us in a light that feels more noble and heroic than "we lost"

DON MA MA

Midnight
Daps
Reppin
TEXAS
Of course I am. I still think you should spell out these ideas to make sure we're all on the same page.
You are? So cool, then I don't need to spell anything out like I would to somebody who wasn't. You know our people and what's been happening to us. I don't need to make sure we on the same page cause It ain't no riddle.
Just like i started my post on the front page saying fukk this woman in the video. We as a ppl know what's up. I'm talking bout facts not excuses. But we've become goofy ass lil edge-lords bout each other's struggle, which is tell-tell signs of the spread of sociopathic mindsets amongst our own but also the loss in seeing the humanity of our own.

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
the problem is too many of us approach the culture like children

how much of this is genuine good faith concern? Or does this come out when you just found out your boyfriend been fukking on your best friend this whole time

now its BLACK MEN AINT BUILDING
These chicks be having personal issues with men they chose to deal with, than its scorched earth on the entire culture:mjlol:

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
How is this just anything? Do black folks not often have head in the sand delusions of grandeur about some of the Ls we take?

I see the shyt all the time. Acknowledgement of cases where black folks were defeated or finessed out of position are met with excuses like "Nah they didn't beat us they just have a system built to oppress us"

That means they fukkin beat us

We're too attached to coping mechanisms that paint us in a light that feels more noble and heroic than "we lost"
Its majority vs minority

You dont even need to use race in this. Black people can be represented by GROUP X

Black american men are a minority of a minority, that has the entire weight of the west on its neck. Any human population placed in that variable would have a difficult time

as far as your analogy

if they keep moving the goal post whenever you kick a field goal, than yes you didnt just lose, there was a system against you

Balla

Superstar
Daps
Moreover, black men make more money than Hispanics so i don’t get her point there. And even though Asian men make even more they’re largely shunned by the women in their own community

Basically what I’m getting at is black women and woc disdain for minority men is pretty much based on us not being white. Our collective wealth could increase by 20k overnight but they’ll dislike us because we don’t have the cac facial features and hair texture they prefer.

FQsRshHXoAcAKhJ

It’s literally what all of this is all about.

Daps
Reppin
SouthsideQueens
Hispanics and Latinos build communities where they dominate the local small business scene
We don't
It's not even debatable really. And money is no excuse in 2022. we are the highest spenders with plenty of people with money wasting it on jewelry and bentleys and trackhawks
We need to expand our small businesses beyond barbershops and day cares, create markets and other businesses that sustain the community

Why ? Do you tell Hispanics to expand their business outside small half filled grocery stores and Spanish food spots?

Iverson_64

Superstar
Daps
It's kinda funny how gender wars are becoming the new diaspora wars on the Coli after the latter got banned by the mods. The dynamics are very uncanny.

But the gender stuff seems way more personal while the disapora stuff seemed halfway serious halfway trolling. Even when Tariq had that Twitter panel about immigration with Black immigrants, it was basically a roasting session with some serious points made here and there. A Coli and LSA Twitter panel discussing gender issues will break the entire Internet because everyone will be dead serious and angry af lol.

Staying on topic, though, immigrants generally have a stronger drive and family structure than Americans regardless of race. That's one of the main reasons why so many Italian owned businesses in NYC tend to be staffed by Hispanic, Middle Eastern, and Albanian immigrants. The younger paisans don't want to work at mom and pop shops anymore or keep the businesses expanding. But immigrants most definitely will take those jobs and eventually save money to start their own business.

I hate to say it but pre-Integration Black people hustled just like immigrants today and had a higher marriage rate than White people(no joke. Look it up). That Jamaican skit on In Living Color could easily apply to Black Southerners in the 1950's-1960's. We damn near invented the concept of the "side hustle."

But, after integration, we had doors open for us which was really great but we were also like a chicken with a head cut off which allowed certain things like individualism, the sexual revolution, crack epidemic, welfare favoring one parent households, materialism, and eventually social media clout to eventually plague our communities after we were scrambling around to become a new Black America after the Civil Rights Movement.

Overall, you can't compare Black American men to immigrants because immigrants will always have the advantage of not being corrupted by the individualism, materialism, loss of original culture, government(and slavery) dividing families, terrorism of Black businesses, etc. that we were subjected to. Not to mention the loans many of them get that we can't.

We can work on ourselves for sure in certain areas but it's apples and oranges. And many American born Hispanics ain't much better off than we are. I used to live in San Antonio for a brief moment and have relatives that live in Corona in Queens. There's plenty of U.S. born Hispanic men that are uneducated, work low wage jobs, and let gangsters/dealers run their blocks.