Black woman wants to know why don't Black men BUILD in their communities like Asian and Hispanic men do?

MajesticLion

Veteran
Daps
1. This strongly comes across - if not in intent, then certainly in tone - as "why aren't black men building so that women/I can benefit" :hubie:
2. Nobody makes it alone. Cut out the babble and be actively supportive or you're not doing anything to get to where you claim you want to be :hubie:

The only way forward is together.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Because every time we try to build something The Man find a way to fukk it up for us.

I have a friend from Tulsa and she was telling me how fukked up it is there. There's nothing there and that she'd never go back.

I couldn't help but feel like the current issues in that city are a remnant of what happened in 1921.

We build something, they destroy it. That's the name of the game.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you think that all it takes for women to come correct is for men to build... I've got a bridge to sell you.
My post said nothing of the sort if anything it's in alignment with this point

I'm saying it manifests as an excuse because the need for self reliance as a community transcends the conflation of doing it in the hopes that women get in line

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
psbsLHz.png

side-eye-laugh.gif

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Are there not black businesses?
There are a lot of black businesses. Its just we lack diversity among those businesses and most black businesses dont have any employees. A lot of this comes down to not taking education seriously as a community. Without education you limit the type of businesses you can even start. Most black businesses are t shirt companies, barbershops, salons, mom and pop food service etc. Things with a low barier of entry dollar wise and education wise and with low earnings potential. While those are great to have and they can support a local economy they really don't drive it.

The real money is in companies that support infrastructure, technology firms, and engineering firms etc. You cant start an engineering firm without education. And even a small engineering firm can bid and win multi million dollar contracts that employ 10, 20 or 50 people for years. There are thousands of little firms you never heard of that are being owned by everyone except black folks.

We dont need anymore hair and nail salons or lash techs. I love bbq but we don't need any more bbq restaurants. We need real scalable infrastructure supporting businesses that will empower our community. But we cant even begin that work without being properly educated and valuing education.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Hispanics and Latinos build communities where they dominate the local small business scene
We don't
It's not even debatable really. And money is no excuse in 2022. we are the highest spenders with plenty of people with money wasting it on jewelry and bentleys and trackhawks
We need to expand our small businesses beyond barbershops and day cares, create markets and other businesses that sustain the community