Black Unemployment

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
Historical disenfranchisement (poorer groups in a nation usually take forever to catch up to everyone else)
Lack of motivation (you can get away with this being a lazy white male, but you don't get that same privileged being non-white in this county more often than not)
shytty schools
rampant negativity towards the black community in general (see these discussions popping up every five seconds as an example)

Yup.

I mean what's the point of threads like this?

We ALREADY know what the problems in our community are...These threads always end up being nothing but useless "black people suck" circlejerks between "enlightened" black people.

No real applicable solutions are discussed.

No real action is gonna be taken by anyone on this board.

Nothing ultimately will be gained so what's the point?

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
Look up Dr. Amos Wilson, he explains all this shyt extensively. Black people create a lot of jobs, but don't own the capacity to hire in their favor cuz the ones in control aren't them. If you don't control your culture your going to be subdued and controlled by the ones that do control said culture.

Yeah. Amos was really breaking it down for us. I remember one of his lectures where he was talking about music and how it can be hijacked and turned against the creators. That it could be used as a vehicle to attach anything you want.

[ame=http://youtu.be/m86RF9fzLGg]RBG-HIP HOP and SUBLIMINAL SYMBOLISM/ DR AMOS WILSON - YouTube[/ame]

Think about what hip hop is today.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yup.

I mean what's the point of threads like this?

We ALREADY know what the problems in our community are...These threads always end up being nothing but useless "black people suck" circlejerks between "enlightened" black people.

No real applicable solutions are discussed.

No real action is gonna be taken by anyone on this board.

Nothing ultimately will be gained so what's the point?

discussion never hurt anyone, man. before any type of action can take place, discussing the problems is usually the first step.

and just because you know something, doesn't mean everyone knows it.

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
of course they have higher employment

who would you rather hire. a black man who could probably snatch up your secretary? or a black woman who will become a rabid pittbull against black men for you -- and black women help make any racial/gender quotas they'd have to adhere to.

:shaq2:

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think some of it has to do with ethnic names. I'm tellin yall....so many places toss resumes in the garbage just off the name alone.

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps
bunch of false stats

of course, its racism, as for job opps...

---
lets talk real numbers from 2011, which the same process will be as in 2012

In 2011, 9,889,000 whites where unemployed 7.9%
In 2011, 2,831,000 blacks where unemployed 15.8%

Obvious the stats is compare available able bodied workforce for each group. Dont be fool, regardless of racial bias, there are more white on unemployment, same as there are more whites on welfare. dont be fooled or scapegoated.

They use percentages to fool a lot of folks, when it comes to racial demographics and news/stats bias.

The populous is always going to have more people with challenges.

Ultimately, I want kinfolk to work and they cannot rely on white for anything. Do for self. Do for group.

I have some ideas. dont see why folk, with a computer/computer access cannot make legit money 9 - 5, the possibilities are endless.

Dont be scapegoated. White created stats dont mean your stats. They should not get a leg up on your back, your shoulder or on your head.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why is black unemployment so damn high?

Even with the newest job reports Black unemployment stayed at 14.1 percent and rose amongst African-American teens to 37.9 percent.

Under Bush it never surpassed 13 percent.

The spike in 2011 was 16.7 percent. The highest since Reagan.

Why? :scheme:

what a stupid fukking question.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
From the Moynihan report

This is the prophetical ether to black people today. :ohlawd: Nobody would listen to this man...dude was telling people what would happen to us in the future.

:ohhh:

:lawd: for putting me on this. I'm overviewing the report now and i'm :ohmy:. All you have to do is change the year to 2012 and it's right on point with what's happening today

Rivoli

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why is black unemployment so damn high?

Even with the newest job reports Black unemployment stayed at 14.1 percent and rose amongst African-American teens to 37.9 percent.

Under Bush it never surpassed 13 percent.

The spike in 2011 was 16.7 percent. The highest since Reagan.

Why? :scheme:

We will never prevent unemployment until we come together and form businesses... See "Black Wallstreet (tulsa)"

Daps
Reppin
respect, usa
:ohhh:

:lawd: for putting me on this. I'm overviewing the report now and i'm :ohmy:. All you have to do is change the year to 2012 and it's right on point with what's happening today

This is why we have these discussions. Someone always can learn something. Some cats drop gems on here. Reagonomics, Esau-Evil, Art Barr, Brokenwave, Marvel, Marcus, Born2BeKing, etc. Never stop learning something.

The Moynihan report was the real Willie Lynch letter. The family unit and Marriage are the two most important things for proper nation building. Everything starts from there. When the natural order of things is broken any gains will be inconsistent. This is what you see today. The least socially conservative minority group in America. And being socially conservative is more then "against gay marriage and going to church".

Most of us are under 35. In 1980 the OOW birth rate was 56 percent. And we are that generation. We are those kids who grew up around that. Today we are hovering around 70 percent.

Imagine what 2040 is going to look like? I don't think we've hit bottom yet.

Ohnoits

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Blacks have among the lowest education rate in the country. Less college degrees, period, less hard sciences, vocational degrees, less advanced degrees...so naturally fall into the harder to employ group. To top it off, there is racial discrimination in hiring practices even for those who do meet the quals, BUT one thing I found in research was that employers think/know Black people will put up with all kinds of shyt from employers because it takes them forever to find work.

Cut a white person's pay and benefits in half, and they will leave because they think they have a better chance of finding a good job.

Cut a black person's pay and benefits in half, and they won't go because they knew it took them forever and are just thankful to have a job.

So even when they get hired, they get less hours and less pay because employer's know they will put up with being treated like shyt as long as they get a paycheck.

The problem is education and discrimination really. The names also don't help, when you work in service industry, and the US is primarily a service economy, Jane and Jack don't want to have Latasha taking their calls or working with them as an analyst. It's racist, judgmental as fukk, go on some white boards and ask them about black names and they start laughing and clowning on black people. The names all bring up images of stupidity, sloth and incompetence.

So yea, racism biggest reason, education second, because even if you are educated you have to deal with cultural racism that comes with it.

BlazedWun

Smoke sum
Daps
all of that being said, watch this thread sink to the bottom, while threads about some ratchet world star video link get 11 billion posts

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
if we continue to rely on other races to employ us, we will always have high black unemployment rates
No you are wrong here, we need proper skills and education, we don't need to have a record or have kids we can't afford so that we take crap jobs just to support the kids. We need stop listing to old black men and women who's time has passed them, my folks bragged to me they don't have email like that was something special to say, they don't know how big tech is a part of life, the more skills you have the better job chances you have, a big mistake we make is not going into a certain field and taking it over, in NYC we should run the transit department, the fire department and such. Those jobs pay and offer a future, instead we in retail, fast food and security all dead end jobs. We need to embrace education and not look down upon it as being square or nerdy and lastly we need the older more successful blacks to speak up and support blacks who just can't catch that break, steer them to the jobs that will benefit them in the long run.