Black Unemployment

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
also agreed, which is because of a cultural problem that people ignore

you have a black male, and a black female. both are headed down the wrong path. she wants mr swagmatir, so he tries to mimic/become that person. she gets with the dudes she finds attractive, maybe gets pregnant, and decides to fix her life. get in college, get a nice job, etc -- the perfect educated hoodrat.

meanwhile, the guy who was never interested in school starts down the path towards death/jail. black male teens rarely rebound from their 'confused' phase.

Good point. That's why I laugh when I hear some women complain that there is a lack of "good" Black men available.

So many Black women reward irresponsible and "confused" Black males so much that they never break out of it. There comes a point when it's too late for a Black male to turn it around.

If a dude doesn't have his sh!t together by 21, chances are slim that he'll end up being a "good" Black man.

It's tough for brothas to reinvent themselves in this society. Once you're tatted up, got a few items on your record, etc., you're toast.

That's the hard truth.

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
also agreed, which is because of a cultural problem that people ignore

And I also agree with this. It's definitely a cultural problem.

We've got to stop celebrating the thugs and lowlifes in our community. It's not some sh!t to be celebrated.

Just think, if Obama weren't around, who would be the most popular Black man in Black culture? It'd probably be some foul-mouthed rapper or some other idiot. SMH.

emoney

custom user title
Daps
if we continue to rely on other races to employ us, we will always have high black unemployment rates

Rocket Scientist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
High IQ
38% of black teens are unemployed? :what: Anybody ever notice how blacks lead almost all categories? "Most unemployed, Least like to retire,least like to marry"etc. Is it that bad in OUR communities? If 38% of black teens are unemployed,then what % of Jewish teens or Chinese teens are unemployed?WE have to take jobs from other races,because we arent building and when we do build we somehow adopt "Crab in Barrel" menatality.People can say what they want about Affirmative Action but even without it,we would be way worse.Damned if you do,damned if you dont among us.

Dark Knyght

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boulevard of Broken Dreams
38% of black teens are unemployed? :what: Anybody ever notice how blacks lead almost all categories? "Most unemployed, Least like to retire,least like to marry"etc. Is it that bad in OUR communities? If 38% of black teens are unemployed,then what % of Jewish teens or Chinese teens are unemployed?WE have to take jobs from other races,because we arent building and when we do build we somehow adopt "Crab in Barrel" menatality.People can say what they want about Affirmative Action but even without it,we would be way worse.Damned if you do,damned if you dont among us.

I don't know what the percentages are, but other races stick together and take care of their own. I jewish kid can work for their father's business or intern with someone their parents know. Same with chinese, many chinese tend to open their own businesses, where their children grow up to take over the business when their old enough. I seen it in through the years in local chinese restaurants, laundromats whatever. Same thing with spanish. They stick together, grow up in their parents corner store, or you'll see illegal immigrant spanish workers looking out for each other when it comes to freelance construction work. At least they have skills.

Black people in America, generally don't own anything, and have a every man for himself mentality. They only out for their own interest and no one elses, especially in new york. nikkaz hardly wanna look after their own immediate family, much less anyone else or the community. Also, they are quick to sell out for a quick buck, dedicated to getting the fast money. If they do have a business, they quick to sell it for the first bidder instead of using it as a inspiration, development tool and example to others. Ask BET.

msims

Bmore nicca
Daps
I don't know what the percentages are, but other races stick together and take care of their own. I jewish kid can work for their father's business or intern with someone their parents know. Same with chinese, many chinese tend to open their own businesses, where their children grow up to take over the business when their old enough. I seen it in through the years in local chinese restaurants, laundromats whatever. Same thing with spanish. They stick together, grow up in their parents corner store, or you'll see illegal immigrant spanish workers looking out for each other when it comes to freelance construction work. At least they have skills.

Black people in America, generally don't own anything, and have a every man for himself mentality. They only out for their own interest and no one elses, especially in new york. nikkaz hardly wanna look after their own immediate family, much less anyone else or the community. Also, they are quick to sell out for a quick buck, dedicated to getting the fast money. If they do have a business, they quick to sell it for the first bidder instead of using it as a inspiration, development tool and example to others. Ask BET.

Powerful example. :whew:

call_me_step_daddy

Real nikkaz,beat bytches
Daps
Reppin
in ya mama bed
is there ever enough jobs for every single person between the ages of 25 - 60 that paid well enough for them to take care of themselves without assistance? more then likely its not and never was.

Dark Knyght

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boulevard of Broken Dreams
continuation of my post above

Black people ain't fukkin with anything that reinforces long term stability. They aint fukking with investing in something now for the future whether it be in time, education or money. Also, socioeconomic conditions will push black people to get shyt for the now instead of for the future stability. Selling drugs is easy and fast money, but you could get locked up for crazy time. Reinforced in the music we listen to, where YOLO and Live fast, Die Young is the mentality for the black youth.

You always see them OGs in the neighborhood with them stories about how they used have this and used to do this. "Yea back in early 90's copped a brand new lexus, I used to run these blocks, used to live here and all that other shyt with nothing to show for it now. What they got now nothing, riding around the hood on a fukking bicycle all fukkin day looking :flabbynsick: and :wtf: (crackheadish) at the same time, not doing shyt with themselves, but riding around telling stories about what they used to have, used to do, and used to fukk. The nikka ain't doing shyt now and they just turned 40. I refuse to let that be me.

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)

continuation of my post above

Black people ain't fukkin with anything that reinforces long term stability. They aint fukking with investing in something now for the future whether it be in time, education or money. Also, socioeconomic conditions will push black people to get shyt for the now instead of for the future stability. Selling drugs is easy and fast money, but you could get locked up for crazy time. Reinforced in the music we listen to, where YOLO and Live fast, Die Young is the mentality for the black youth.

You always see them OGs in the neighborhood with them stories about how they used have this and used to do this. "Yea back in early 90's copped a brand new lexus, I used to run these blocks, used to live here and all that other shyt with nothing to show for it now. What they got now nothing, riding around the hood on a fukking bicycle all fukkin day looking :flabbynsick: and :wtf: (crackheadish) at the same time, not doing shyt with themselves, but riding around telling stories about what they used to have, used to do, and used to fukk. The nikka ain't doing shyt now and they just turned 40. I refuse to let that be me.

:lawd: gospel in these posts :ohlawd: thats why we need a social change before we can improve economically. disadvantages in america at large would still need to be addressed but in the mean time at least we're fightin for what we CAN get for ourselves. we make things that much worse by splittin OURSELVES up. the hood can't fukk with the middle class cuz they too "white/bougie", the middle class can't fukk with the hood cuz they made it for themselves, etc. you aint did shyt but leave yourself out alone :snoop: other races understand and take advantage of the fact that they NEED to stick together to eat... but step over to the booth and nikkas claim lil jojo and all these other chicago rappers/hood nikkas need to do die to make shyt better :why:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

sadly this isn't exclusive to new yorkers, although they're a shining example of crabs in a barrel.