Black Twitter Goes In On Buzzfeed Video - "27 Questions Black People Have For Black People"

Supreme HD

Superstar
Daps
Even if these questions were legit. Didn't their parents ever teach them about keeping black business private?:what:

Talking black issues in front of white people is so fukking disgusting :scust:
What u mean by keeping it private?

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:dahell:

Again, you are making gross generalizations about things I never spoke about. Of course I'm never going to be ok with someone calling us N word:what:. I don't use that word and hate that word. I'm talking about more philosophical opinions and stereotypes...for instance, that as a black person it is expected that you be a democrat and if you're not, your'e a c00n. Like by default that's what you have to be. It's stupid and small minded...like there's not racist democrats:comeon:. And for the record, I don't affiliate with either of those parties, I'm more in line with libertarians. But I'm making this example because you keep going way out in left field and speaking on all kinds of shyt that I never said lol.

Everything I've said is in response to your original statement about monolithic and authentic

I dont think black people need to be monolithic in their support for political parties at all :skip:

I'm giving examples in which black people are attacked by outside groups and instead of rebuffing these attacks, they act like this is some new insightful approach to thinking that we all need to consider and debate. :jbhmm:

Its clear we've missed each other's message. To me, this video, broadcasted to the world, is an attack on black people, not a dialogue starter.

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
It absolutely does happen. In fact, it's the one thing that consistently happened in my childhood, from both my peers AND black adults. nikkas in the hood have an adverse reaction to educational success.

America as a whole paints being smart as uncool and nerdy, this isn't a black people problem this is an American problem.

Different opinion....:skip:?

Stop being naive.
When black people get in front of the world and bash black people (that's what this video is btw, thinly vieled bashing), they are fukking c00ning.

Its the naive people like you who are so easily fooled into thinking that this is some thought provoking enlightening video that offers a plethora of different views.

No, its none of that. They didn't discuss 1 single solution in the entire vid. :jbhmm:
They asked questions that presumed total veracity of many stereotypes :jbhmm:
Not 1 single question was positive about Black community :jbhmm:
Every single question compared black community as the inferior to white community. As in "this is shyt that only we do" :jbhmm:

Different opinion my ass :what:
They could have named the video 27 "stupid things that black people do" because that was the message they wanted to spread with video

Agreed. Nothing but stereotypes and ignorance, it disgusts me to watch a woman say "We're not a monolith and then turn around and generalize her own people. Video reeked of "I'm not like other black people.":mjpls:

The reason why 'growing up without fathers is so common in the black race' is simply because white supremacists have destroyed the black familiy purposely

Funny thing is there are actual studies that have debunked this myth. Black men were found to be just as present in their children's lives as white and Hispanic men. If I'm not mistaken black men are more likely to feel it's important to financially provide for their children than both white and Hispanic men.

That's how I know there were no good intentions behind this video and those questions.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
:childplease: You don't remember any of the threads where some men weresaying women shouldn't have careers or education ? Too much money or makes them too "uppity" or "feminist". It's an excuse to deflect insecurity.
JK, I remember those...but let's not hold that as an indictment of the male population of the coili, that was legit two posters and the thread got one starred.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Agreed. Nothing but stereotypes and ignorance, it disgusts me to watch a woman say "We're not a monolith and then turn around and generalize her own people. Video reeked of "I'm not like other black people.":mjpls:

Exactly :wow:

And if you ask them, "who are those other black people? :ohhh:"
Watch how quick the same stereotypes whites use start flying out of their mouths:martin:

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Look at the "New Blacks" ya'll. You would know the answer to these questions if you actually interacted with unabashedly Black people. C'mon, comparing learning a dance to formulating a business plan? Why don't we let whites call us ******? Why are we not embrassing the :wrist: agenda? This video should be renamed "27 questions that whites know they gonna get the shyt slapped out of them after asking!"
:russ: