Black Twitter Goes In On Buzzfeed Video - "27 Questions Black People Have For Black People"

Daps
Reppin
St louis
why do black people keep letting
the slave ships come ashore???
why do we feel the need to hang our draws
on clotheslines when we have a washer and dryer.
(meaning airing out our laundry in front of them)
white people keep bullshyt locked up.......
fukk being a willing fukkin test subject...
if white people wanna know us let them
come around..
bullshyt like this aint provocative or avant garde.
it's just self loathing from willing test subjects.
(white folk pleeeeeease understand us better)
:ehh:

wat6rr.jpg

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't disagree with you about the video. I'm not naive because I agree with one statement in there. I get the agenda here. But the monolith statement is something that I have thought about before. Certain people act like their view of what it means to black supersedes others, and if you don't fit that mold you're not authentic. It's divisive and crabs in a bucket type of mentality.

As @Edub pointed out above me, there are deeper issues that are not self caused but rather the result of the hate that we experience from other races.

On those issues, there is no room for equivocation. You are either with us, or you are not.
I'm not talking about natural hair vs weave, dancing, jumping high, eating chicken, watching anime, or stupid shyt that no one cares about.

I'm talking about how we respond to the daily attacks we receive from white supremacy and institutionalized racism masquerading as social "wokeness"
Our response to that has to be monolithic because it has to be united.

Honestly fam, there's some shyt that doesn't need a 2nd opinion. Like letting white people call us "******s" for one. I will not entertain anyone who wants to offer a "different, socially woke" opinion on letting white people saying the N-word.

Or how about blaming black on black crime for police officers killing children holding toys in broad daylight? Nah, I don't want to have a debate about how "black on black gang violence" in Chicago grants police officers in Killeen, TX the impetus to body slam little girls. Miss me entirely with that bullshyt:snoop:

This is what I am talking about breh. This is the war of words that we are dealing with as a community.
"All Lives Matters" is a declaration of war on black people
"[insert compliment here]...for a black person" is a declaration of war on black people
"thug" is a declaration of war on black people

These are the things that I don't need to hear different opinions on, and neither should you :martin:

smoove157

Never Ever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
i just cant see the point of a video like this.

its certainly not aimed at us. its aimed at a segment of people who are either ignorant or pretending to be ignorant. and there is not shot that you are going to combat ignorance with a video, much less a fukking stupid video like this one.

its one thing to ask why some black people try and tear each other down, but to start the video asking Why Can't We Be on Time?? fukking really??

i just dont see the point in a video like this. its definitely not filed under entertainment. i guess its supposed to be some kind of pseudo-intellectual think piece, but its not. its a poorly put together piece where someone thought of the title before they even had one single question written down.

they just wanted an excuse to put out a video with that title.

shyts beyond disgusting :stopitslime:

ridedolo

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i just cant see the point of a video like this.

its certainly not aimed at us. its aimed at a segment of people who are either ignorant or pretending to be ignorant. and there is not shot that you are going to combat ignorance with a video, much less a fukking stupid video like this one.

its one thing to ask why some black people try and tear each other down, but to start the video asking Why Can't We Be on Time?? fukking really??

i just dont see the point in a video like this. its definitely not filed under entertainment. i guess its supposed to be some kind of pseudo-intellectual think piece, but its not. its a poorly put together piece where someone thought of the title before they even had one single question written down.

they just wanted an excuse to put out a video with that title.

shyts beyond disgusting :stopitslime:

i didnt watch the video, but how many of them are acknowledging the root cause for a lot of our issues? most of them were from external forces : i.e. the distribution of drugs and guns in black neighborhoods. or how about the deliberate destruction of black neighborhoods through "urban planning". these people dont give one fukk about other blacks, they just want acceptance from whites.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
not really. Even the very first question is stupid and misinformed.
Yeah this dude is always trying to portray himself as a emotionless rationalist in threads and encouraging people to "Well what about the argument? Why not argue that!" when like I said, a lot of these questions are very simple and stupid. Maybe 4-5 were legit questions, but then you have to ask, who are they asking when I don't think buzzfeed has a black dominate audience :sas2:

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Society as a whole has a stigma of people that watch anime, so you can :camby: with that argument.

I agree. This video wasn't made to raise awareness of issues in the black community, it was made solely for white people to have something to point to justify the way they treat us. "See!" "Black people cause their own problems, if they could just learn how to act their lives would be so much better.":mjpls:.
Pos rep pending.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
This makes blacks look like cowards. It's disgusting that we can't be who we are. We have to put on this fukking act in order to "fit in". It's bullshyt. That's why I only worry about mines. I could never befriend any of the CACS in that video.

Edit: the irony of this video is that they mention that black people are quick to put other blacks down when that's exactly what his video is. Blacks shytting on blacks. It will never end.
Pos rep pending.

Daps
As @Edub pointed out above me, there are deeper issues that are not self caused but rather the result of the hate that we experience from other races.

On those issues, there is no room for equivocation. You are either with us, or you are not.
I'm not talking about natural hair vs weave, dancing, jumping high, eating chicken, watching anime, or stupid shyt that no one cares about.

I'm talking about how we respond to the daily attacks we receive from white supremacy and institutionalized racism masquerading as social "wokeness"
Our response to that has to be monolithic because it has to be united.

Honestly fam, there's some shyt that doesn't need a 2nd opinion. Like letting white people call us "******s" for one. I will not entertain anyone who wants to offer a "different, socially woke" opinion on letting white people saying the N-word.

Or how about blaming black on black crime for police officers killing children holding toys in broad daylight? Nah, I don't want to have a debate about how "black on black gang violence" in Chicago grants police officers in Killeen, TX the impetus to body slam little girls. Miss me entirely with that bullshyt:snoop:

This is what I am talking about breh. This is the war of words that we are dealing with as a community.
"All Lives Matters" is a declaration of war on black people
"[insert compliment here]...for a black person" is a declaration of war on black people
"thug" is a declaration of war on black people

These are the things that I don't need to hear different opinions on, and neither should you :martin:
:dahell:

Again, you are making gross generalizations about things I never spoke about. Of course I'm never going to be ok with someone calling us N word:what:. I don't use that word and hate that word. I'm talking about more philosophical opinions and stereotypes...for instance, that as a black person it is expected that you be a democrat and if you're not, your'e a c00n. Like by default that's what you have to be. It's stupid and small minded...like there's not racist democrats:comeon:. And for the record, I don't affiliate with either of those parties, I'm more in line with libertarians. But I'm making this example because you keep going way out in left field and speaking on all kinds of shyt that I never said lol.