Black Twitter Goes In On Buzzfeed Video - "27 Questions Black People Have For Black People"

100Percent

Deviatin' septums
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
NOBODY tells girls they are beautiful for a darkskin

NOBODY tells black girls with natural hair that it's a problem

NOBODY says lightskin people look better

NOBODY in real life thinks/says most of the shyt they are talking about.

I'm sick of this shyt. All these fake "pro-black" c00ns that get their views on how real black people think from trolls on twitter and VH1.
Funny how there's always more people complaining about "problems" than there is the so called people causing those same "problems"
buzzfeed cacs always doing some politically correct bullshyt
I agree wit most of what you said but the bolded. C'mon bruh.

100Percent

Deviatin' septums
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Never heard of a majority black neighborhood that wasn't the ghetto
You have a warped outlook on our current state in America then, breh we gettin better. Used to live in neighborhood in a little place called Lithia Springs, GA. Mostly black and most people owned their house including my Dad.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Why is having a different opinion so frowned upon? The monolith statement is true...so much hate.

Different opinion....:skip:?

Stop being naive.
When black people get in front of the world and bash black people (that's what this video is btw, thinly vieled bashing), they are fukking c00ning.

Its the naive people like you who are so easily fooled into thinking that this is some thought provoking enlightening video that offers a plethora of different views.

No, its none of that. They didn't discuss 1 single solution in the entire vid. :jbhmm:
They asked questions that presumed total veracity of many stereotypes :jbhmm:
Not 1 single question was positive about Black community :jbhmm:
Every single question compared black community as the inferior to white community. As in "this is shyt that only we do" :jbhmm:

Different opinion my ass :what:
They could have named the video 27 "stupid things that black people do" because that was the message they wanted to spread with video

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
i dont get this shyt. so ONE girl said u sound white and this is how all black people feel? i grew up in the hood but always went to white schools. the most i would get is that we talked "proper" but not once did i ever get clowned for "sounding white". i've always done well in school and never felt like when i returned home i had to hide my text books or the goons would get me. :shaq2:
That wasn't the only time.... just the only time I mentioned in my post. It happened a couple more times. And I've also heard from other people as well (although some of them do fall under the description that you mentioned)... but it does exist. But you probably don'tsee it alot unless you live in a mixed black community where middle class black people associate with "hood" black people on a regular basis. And that was basically my life from 5th grade to high school graduation.

Daps
Different opinion....:skip:?

Stop being naive.
When black people get in front of the world and bash black people (that's what this video is btw, thinly vieled bashing), they are fukking c00ning.

Its the naive people like you who are so easily fooled into thinking that this is some thought provoking enlightening video that offers a plethora of different views.

No, its none of that. They didn't discuss 1 single solution in the entire vid. :jbhmm:
They asked questions that presumed total veracity of many stereotypes :jbhmm:
Not 1 single question was positive about Black community :jbhmm:
Every single question compared black community as the inferior to white community. As in "this is shyt that only we do" :jbhmm:

Different opinion my ass :what:
They could have named the video 27 "stupid things that black people do" because that was the message they wanted to spread with video

Thanks for further proving my point. I did not endorse the video, just said that the monolith statement was true and you make sweeping generalizations when I said nothing of the sort. I can't stand certain people acting like they are the authority about black authenticity, and if you don't fit that mold of what they have in their mind, you are not authentic. :camby:

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Thanks for further proving my point. I did not endorse the video, just said that the monolith statement was true and you make sweeping generalizations when I said nothing of the sort. I can't stand certain people acting like they are the authority about black authenticity, and if you don't fit that mold of what they have in their mind, you are not authentic. :camby:

You asked why having a difference of opinion is so frowned upon.
And I called you out on being naive because its more than a difference of opinion.

They are actively bashing black people based on stereotypes of black people

How the hell do you not see this breh? :dwillhuh:

That would be like me saying "I think that robbing, sagging my pants, speaking unintelligible english, failing in school, shooting people, selling crack, sipping syrup, eating chicking, and fukking lightskin watermelons isn't promoting our community. But I cant even say that to a black person without them disowning me for having a different opinion:damn:!!!"

Imagine a black person coming up to and saying that.
Tell me what would be going through your head?

Are you going to sit here and tell me that you appreciate his difference of opinion and it should be accepted?

No, cuz he's not offering a different opinion. He's bashing you and your people and you're just too naive to notice it :wow:

DazednTranslation

Sweatpants + No Print= Failure
Daps
You're missing the point.

This.

WE don't need to air out our issues on platforms like this and that is the point. Putting stuff like this on these sites only gives ammo to our enemies. They aren't going to change. They aren't going to listen to reason. We'll never be accepted by them or truly integrate in this society without some sort of hesitation simply due to the history involved. I don't want to see another article, think piece, video, or anything regarding blackness or black peoples issues on a gawker, buzzfeed, huffington post, salon, jezebel, any of them. The moment you put our issues on any of those sites for the world to see as a representative of black matters, you have moved past the point of no concern for us and more concern for the thoughts and opinions of the dominant society on our issues. You are now writing to an audience that not only can't related to them, but deep down knows that they are at the root cause of those issues and have 100% no concern or desire to fix them and will blame you for the problems they created. They are not trying to listen to the other side of the story. In fact, these type of articles, videos, etc...pretty much embolden white society's feelings of racial superiority...that they don't have to deal with these issues. If this is the eminating sentiment created from this, then there is absolutely no point in contributing to these publications or websites.
How do you expect anything to get fixed then??
fukk what other races think at this point.. these media outbursts aren't anything they havent heard/think already but the sad thing is that its actually true (no stereotype).
The "whats said in the house, stays in the house complex" only works if all parties arent doing anything degrading and detrimental to each other and work as a unit. Sadly that is not the case in most black communities today.

Instead of getting mad about our dirty laundry getting aired, how about we finally take the time (as a people ) and actually fix some shyt instead of saying it cant be done..

Edub

Veteran
Daps

Surprise, surprise ...there's goofy nikkas out here:russell:...I've been witnessing goofy nikkas my entire existence on this earth...there is no effect from this...it's just more goofy black people being goofy(:troll::flabbynsick:)

Just keep it real out here...PAC told us. :manny:

Last edited:

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Buzz feed are the same people that created that eurocentric, white supremacist video talking about "standards of male beauty in the world featuring nothing but white men along with two non white guys with eurocentric features. No surprise here.

Daps
You asked why having a difference of opinion is so frowned upon.
And I called you out on being naive because its more than a difference of opinion.

They are actively bashing black people based on stereotypes of black people

How the hell do you not see this breh? :dwillhuh:

That would be like me saying "I think that robbing, sagging my pants, speaking unintelligible english, failing in school, shooting people, selling crack, sipping syrup, eating chicking, and fukking lightskin watermelons isn't promoting our community. But I cant even say that to a black person without them disowning me for having a different opinion:damn:!!!"

Imagine a black person coming up to and saying that.
Tell me what would be going through your head?

Are you going to sit here and tell me that you appreciate his difference of opinion and it should be accepted?

No, cuz he's not offering a different opinion. He's bashing you and your people and you're just too naive to notice it :wow:

I don't disagree with you about the video. I'm not naive because I agree with one statement in there. I get the agenda here. But the monolith statement is something that I have thought about before. Certain people act like their view of what it means to black supersedes others, and if you don't fit that mold you're not authentic. It's divisive and crabs in a bucket type of mentality.

QuavoFlow

Superstar
Daps
NOBODY tells girls they are beautiful for a darkskin

NOBODY tells black girls with natural hair that it's a problem

NOBODY says lightskin people look better

NOBODY in real life thinks/says most of the shyt they are talking about.

I'm sick of this shyt. All these fake "pro-black" c00ns that get their views on how real black people think from trolls on twitter and VH1.
Funny how there's always more people complaining about "problems" than there is the so called people causing those same "problems"

buzzfeed cacs always doing some politically correct bullshyt
:banderas:Ion think they heard you blood day it one more time

Edub

Veteran
Daps

See here is the problem with the emboldened ...while we all as humans are truly different ,not one being alike, we do as black people face some acute issues separate from others in this society as a people(regardless of economic position)....and those who deny that are not authentic to who we are or who they are...they are living a lie through a smile and actions of assimilation. I do agree we should not attempt to say what and who black is, but the clear denial of the challenges faced in this society from some aa's is unauthentic.