Black teen misses bus, gets shot at after asking for directions in Rochester Hills

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
:snoop:It doesnt matter why he was there.

Theres nothing wrong with ringing a doorbell in your own neighborhood in broad daylight, for any reason, cell phone or not. Period. Its a normal occurance.

The sooner you realize this, the sooner youll stop rambling like a numbskull. If you want to bytch and nitpick about kids having cell phones, go make your own seperate thread and do it there. Because its a seperate unrelated topic. You keep trying to play connect the dots and you just look like an imbecile, im sorry.

We can say there's nothing wrong but we know about a sister being blasted a few years ago for knocking on a door.

Late at night/early morning but still. All she did was knock.
And was killed for it.

A tool for every task, a task for every tool.

He didn't have a necessary tool, and was dependent on the goodness of others.

Hopefully next time, someone else won't be so lacking, that they have to reach out to potentially evil people for help.

Thats what it seems your not getting.

You don't know who's behind what door, beyond the safety of your home.
Having as much info as possible so you DON'T have to take THIS risk is all certain people are advocating here.

A phone probably would've made all the difference here.

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
None of what you are saying is justifiable. A kid who wakes up late and misses school or is late should get detention not fear for their lives. So if a Jehovah witness knocks on the door they deserve to get clapped at too? I really don't get your point, there are numerous reasons why someone knocks on your door. and neither the kid nor the mother choices deserve to end in a near death experience. So this on the homeowner and only the homeowner. Kids get their phone's snatched daily by parents they don't all end in near death experiences.

You don't get why so many people of faith respect Witnesses do you?

Its not the pamphlets b, its the knowing risk they take every time they hit the pavement to share their beliefs.
Most spiritual people are content to let the lost/infidels/nonbelievers come into the place of worship and share faith there, whereas witnesses seek them out, taking that chance of evil answering their knocks.

Thats a risk they take on behalf of their faith, but best believe there's probably some horror stories shared in those kingdom halls.

To the other point, of course its primarily on the guy blasting.

But if it hit the kid n he died, she would wonder what could've been done differently as she went back home without her son.

And him having a phone was one thing that might've made all the difference in this case.

And for the record, taking a kids phone as soon as he's safely at home n only returning it when he's leaving for the evil ass world outside the doorway the next day could be one way to discipline him and still empower him as well.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
He's saying the kid should not have to fear for his life knocking on someone else's door. Irrespective of if he has phone or not. This is not the 1930's.

It's 2018 in america, you nikkas act like we're in a post racial society where white people won't be alarmed at the sight of a strange Black person on their doorstep.

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
He's saying the kid should not have to fear for his life knocking on someone else's door. Irrespective of if he has phone or not. This is not the 1930's.

No it's not but we're living in a country that's led by a white supremacist who ran on the platform of returning America to its best days, ala the 1950's, another time that wasn't ideal for black people.
We keep sleeping on the evil of white people, they'll keep burying our children and loved ones.
It takes a village doesn't hold sway in a world where Fox News and the Gop have successfully boogeymanned black bodies and disavow black innocence.

Our people need to be empowered, and we know that a cellphone is a tool and a defense, perhaps not against bullets but against the white supremacist black eye of of the dead.

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
Would you allow your child to roam freely without means of communication?

I used to roam freely without a cell phone. I didn't get a cell phone until I was in 8th grade. My cousin didn't get a phone until he was in 11th grade (he's older). My parent would roam around without a cell phone (teenagers in the 80s). We are living in the safest time period ever, yet paranoia is so damn high. You should be able to roam freely without a cell phone.

And I don't know if you're doing this because I'm honestly not counting names, but folks gotta stop blaming the kid. He could have easily went to another house were a person would be glad to help him. Instead he ran into some racist a$$holes. It's not the kids fault, it's not the parents fault, it's that racist ass women and man fault.

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
I used to roam freely without a cell phone. I didn't get a cell phone until I was in 8th grade. My cousin didn't get a phone until he was in 11th grade (he's older). My parent would roam around without a cell phone (teenagers in the 80s). We are living in the safest time period ever, yet paranoia is so damn high. You should be able to roam freely without a cell phone.

And I don't know if you're doing this because I'm honestly not counting names, but folks gotta stop blaming the kid. He could have easily went to another house were a person would be glad to help him. Instead he ran into some racist a$$holes. It's not the kids fault, it's not the parents fault, it's that racist ass women and man fault.

Question; Do you think this kids mother would send him out again without a cellphone?

Nikkas acting so obtuse about this ish, makes me wonder if y'all ever had the talk with your parents about how to treat police?

Cuz no, we shouldn't have to fear getting blasted in a sane world just for mouthing off or being regularly twitchy in police confrontations, but damn we want nikkas to get home safely so we take that extra step to do so.

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
Question; Do you think this kids mother would send him out again without a cellphone?

Nope. Because of the experience he had. With that being said. For the millions of people who have not had that experience I think they would. I would.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
So, if the kid's mom had just blocked/locked all the other features of the phone aside from being able to make and receive phone calls, this thread wouldn't have devolved into the usual nonsense since, you know, the entire purpose of a phone is to make and receive phone calls......right?

You can't text while you're running for your life, but you can hit that speed-dial button or 9-1-1 or just use voice-activated dialing. Not sure what brand of phone he had, but I'm pretty sure it isn't like the one I got from 7-11 for twenty dollars 3 years ago.

:manny:

In any event, the dude was absolutely wrong and is paying for it. So was his wife, who should also pay something for instigating this nonsense. The mom was doing what she thought was the right thing but didn't put enough thought behind her act. Luckily, it didn't cause her to lose something truly important.

ALL 'White' people need to die!!!!​

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Though he was charged with suspicion of assault with attempt to murder, the jury "determined Mr. Zeigler did not intend to kill Brennan Walker," said defense attorney Rob Morad.

These half measures are old.

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Nope. Because of the experience he had. With that being said. For the millions of people who have not had that experience I think they would. I would.

So you've been exposed to what COULD happen in this crazy world we live in, but you're still gonna send your seeds out here knowing they lacking........?

Wow b.

Good luck to the next gen of your bloodline, if you won't even learn from others experiences.

"He did that, so you won't have to go through that."

BlackJesus

Spread science, save with coupons
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
It's 2018 in america, you nikkas act like we're in a post racial society where white people won't be alarmed at the sight of a strange Black person on their doorstep.

Sure some whites would be alarmed. But chances are he would just get the door slammed on him. To make it seem like this is a common everyday occurrence is a little silly. I've dealt with white cops who were more civil and level headed than those deranged white neighbors.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Sure some whites would be alarmed. But chances are he would just get the door slammed on him. To make it seem like this is a common everyday occurrence is a little silly. I've dealt with white cops who were more civil than those deranged white neighbors.

I'm not suggesting that this a common occurrence but it is a very valid concern for Black children and their parents. People shouldn't gamble with the lives of their children by placing them in situations where they might be perceived as burglars based on the idea that "this doesn't happen that much".

Megadeus

Superstar
Daps
No one is arguing that there's anything wrong with ringing a doorbell, the point you keep glossing over is the conditions that led him to have to ring someone's doorbell.

1. His mother took away the phone he used as an alarm
2. He wakes up late as a result of this
3. He misses the bus
4. He tries to walk to school
5. He ends up lost in an unfamiliar neighborhood.

Typically, step 6 would be for him to either contact his mother to come get him or use a mapping app to help him navigate to school but his mother robbed him of both options.

6. He knocks on the door of a neighbor, the neighbor didn't provide much help.
7. He knocks on the door of another neighbor and is immediately perceived as a threat by the woman who answered, she screams at the top of her lungs and her husband who thinks she's in imminent danger runs downstairs to protect his wife.

Again, what the homeowner does is unacceptable but the actions of the kid's mom laid the foundation for him to end up there. If that's too difficult for you to grasp maybe it's a reflection of your inability to look at a full picture and make a complete and contextual assessment.

:manny:

:mindblown: If theres nothing wrong with ringing a person's doorbell, then "the conditions that lead to him" to doing so are irrelelvant.

By all accounts he is in his OWN safe neighborhood. Kid is in walking distance to his OWN bus stop, he isnt stranded in some foreign dangerous land. People ring other people's doorbells all the time all throughout the day for various reasons especially in these types of areas. Someone on a walk admires shrubbery and wants to know what type of hedge clippers were used. Someone is selling candy or canvassing for local politicians. Someone may want to know what kind of landscaper was employed to decorate the front of a home. Someone is notifying said homeowner that their lights are on in their driveway vehicle. Maybe you grew up in a different type of area, but ringing a random persons doorbell isnt some rare occurance that often results in a defensive reaction, and is not a "risk".

The so called "facts" that you keep putting emphasis on aren't relevant here, thats what YOU fail to grasp. By your logic, ANYTHING resulting in ringning a person's doorbell is a potential reason to be shot at and should bear some blame. This is flawed logic. Whatever indirectly lead him to that doorstep has nothing to do with the isolated actions of some maniac.

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
So you've been exposed to what COULD happen in this crazy world we live in, but you're still gonna send your seeds out here knowing they lacking........?

Wow b.

Good luck to the next gen of your bloodline, if you won't even learn from others experiences.

"He did that, so you won't have to go through that."

nikka, I could get struck by gahdamn lightning. That don’t mean I ain’t going outside anymore. I could get hit by a damn car. Anything could happen.

We two different breeds bruh. You can continue to live in your bytchmade ways and I’ll continue to live my life. But I’m done with this conversation.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
nikka, I could get struck by gahdamn lightning. That don’t mean I ain’t going outside anymore. I could get hit by a damn car. Anything could happen.

We two different breeds bruh. You can continue to live in your bytchmade ways and I’ll continue to live my life. But I’m done with this conversation.

If your child is murdered by a white person, don't cry like a bytch, chalk it up to anything being able to happen.