Black teen misses bus, gets shot at after asking for directions in Rochester Hills

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
You seem smart. And even though I disagree with you, I appreciate your thoughts. But it's weird that you keep calling for logic, but you're not using it. You're ASSUMING he woke up late because his mom took the phone, and you're whole argument stands on that assumption. Because if it was the kid's fault for missing the bus, you can't blame the mother because there shouldn't have been an emergency at all.
So here:
A Black Teenager Asked for Directions. A Man Responded With Gunfire.

Brennan Walker, 14, of Rochester Hills, Mich., woke up around 7:30 a.m. on Thursday — too late. He had slept through his alarm and was going to miss the school bus.

Should we blame the mother for not sending him to bed earlier? Now, you'll either have to move the goalposts or place blame on the teen.

You decry ridiculous hypotheticals and arguments, yet you're unaware that you're the one flaming them with "IF the mother didn't"....arguments. I'm sure she knew the importance of the kid having a phone, because she provided one for him. So, to lecture her would be moot. She took it for a disciplinary reason. Sometimes you have to chose between what's best and what's right. YOU CANNOT BAT .1000 at controling outcomes, because you dont control all of the players. No matter how "logical" your moves are. That's what others mean by "you can't predict". You can handle things perfectly and still take an L.

I'm not all that concerned with him waking up late because if he woke up late, missed the bus and had his phone, there would have been no need for him to knock on the doors of strangers. Here's a quote from the article you linked.

Brennan did not have his smartphone that morning, and so, lacking assistance from GPS, he tried to follow the route his bus usually takes. He ended up in a quiet subdivision where the roads looped into each other, and when he noticed he had gone in a circle, he stopped to ask for help.

I agree, you cannot control outcomes which is a point in favor of not taking away a device that might aid your child in the event that an emergency situation happens. The mother took the phone away and "coincidently" he ends up in a situation where he needs a phone to reach out for help. Disciplining a child by taking away the one device that makes it possible for you and your child to communicate with each other is utter insanity. Other parents here have suggested the more practical solution of taking the phone away once the kid arrives home from school and giving it back in the morning before school.

Kids who have asthma can make it through an entire week without needing their pumps, imagine a parent taking away the pump as a form of punishment and the child has an asthma attack the next day. No one in their right mind would argue "how could she have possibly known that he would have an asthma attack". The point is, a device intended for emergencies should be accessible at all times. A counterargument might be, "a phone is not an asthma pump", which is correct, you can't snapchat from an asthma pump. When parents take their kids' phones away, it's typically because of the phones capabilities outside of making calls. Taking the phone away and sending the child into the world without the phone as a form of punishment signals the parent is very shortsighted and didn't buy the phone for the purpose of their kid having a emergency communications device but rather an entertainment device that can also makes calls, or "just another gadget".

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
ya'll are sad creatures in here blaming the kid or parents for not having a cellphone. Which has nothing to do with being terrorized by white supremacists, absolutely no correlation.
I went my entire childhood/teens (as did millions of others) without a cellphone. This site is pretty disgusting and filled with anti-black rhetoric.

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
ya'll are sad creatures in here blaming the kid or parents for not having a cellphone. Which has nothing to do with being terrorized by white supremacists, absolutely no correlation.
I went my entire childhood/teens (as did millions of others) without a cellphone. This site is pretty disgusting and filled with anti-black rhetoric.

I don't think it's anti-black to say the kid not having access to a cell played a part in his being shot at.
Nobody can control what other people do, but lack of resources means you're dependent on the goodness of others to get where you're trying to go.
And this time, it nearly cost him everything.

A cell can be a source of fun and games, but it's also a great tool.

He had no tool, so he reached out. And someone else rather than helping, blasted back.

That white dude is evil and wrong and i hope he goes away for a long time, him n his wife but the kid might not have ever contacted their evil asses if he had the tool that most financially decent American kids have by his age.

killacal

Banned
Daps
Some of you really sound like slaves admonishing Kunta for running away from the plantation, on some, "That dang fool knew he shoudna dun dat! Now Massa Davis gon whip us all! Luhd help us!" :francis:
You used to be terrible at acting black:mjlol:

Wiles

Superstar
Daps
Nope wrong again. Him waking up late led to this situation. So if he had woke up on time with or without his phone he would not have been in this situation. So why not blame this kid for these actions.
Yes put more blame on a child then the fukking adult.:mjlit:

Last edited:

Wiles

Superstar
Daps
Yes yes,this is the solution as we see more kids involved in conflict due to their phones and social media usage:wow:.A phone is the greatest defense for the murder of black youth:wow:.People managed to not get shot at just fine being lost without cellphones before cellphones.Unless of course there are trigger happy cacs in your neighborhood who are scared of blacks.

You dont know why this kids phone got taken away.You wont survive in this world without discipline,and having a mother who cares enough to instill some. That part of the story should not have stood out period!dont clean it up like thats not the first thing you came in here on a tirade about:martin:
Discipline almost got that boy killed.
I guess the lesson was worth it?
:ld:
\thread

Megadeus

Superstar
Daps
I don't think it's anti-black to say the kid not having access to a cell played a part in his being shot at.
Nobody can control what other people do, but lack of resources means you're dependent on the goodness of others to get where you're trying to go.
And this time, it nearly cost him everything.

A cell can be a source of fun and games, but it's also a great tool.

He had no tool, so he reached out. And someone else rather than helping, blasted back.

That white dude is evil and wrong and i hope he goes away for a long time, him n his wife but the kid might not have ever contacted their evil asses if he had the tool that most financially decent American kids have by his age.

More victim blaming.:snoop:

The kid did nothing wrong. Neither did his mom. The cacs DID, and thats why they are being punished. Period.

There is no "yeah but.." youre just taking blame away from these azzholes.

Its a billion reasonable scenarios in which a person may ring someone's doorbell in their own neighborhood. NONE of them should result in getting shot by some maniac in broad daylight. Wether or not the kid had his phone is COMPLETELY unrelated to what happened here.

Daps
Nope wrong again. Him waking up late led to this situation. So if he had woke up on time with or without his phone he would not have been in this situation. So why not blame this kid for these actions.
Man what the fukk???

Negged bytch ass cac