Black teen misses bus, gets shot at after asking for directions in Rochester Hills

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Knowing the info and publishing the info is two different things. The no phone angle is with intent.

it's with intent to demonstrate why he had to resort to knocking on stranger's doors.

Walker was trying to walk the bus route to Rochester High School after he woke up late and missed his bus. His mom had taken his phone away, so he didn't have that with him to get directions. So he knocked on a stranger’s door for help -- and almost paid for it with his life.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Tbh breh I don’t think anybody is outright blaming the mother. But as a parent I know I wouldn’t let my kid travel alone without means to communicate with me. That’s where she fukked up. Now he’s in a position where he has to rely on cacs to get where he needs to go

To me that's just a deflection that takes blame away from the person that committed the crime.

The issue is that a black teen almost lost his life over nothing because of racist/paranoid white people. Not whether or not he had his phone.

knickscity

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Bed-Stuy
To be fair to the kid we as adults have all forgot our phones before and we damn near panic without it. Now put yourself in the shoes of a 14 year old who doesn’t have the critical thinking skills or life experience an adult has to navigate around that
Nah, not a buyer, the guy was LOST without it. Kids normally do notice their surroundings. Not only could he not find his way out of his own neighborhood, he doesn't know any of his actual neighbors?

You miss me with this.

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
im not sure what the argument is here, are we supposed to be mad that the white couple was racist and assumed the worst about a young black man asking for directions? You should already know white people do not give us the benefit of doubt, what is there to be outraged here? Hopefully this is a lesson learned for the mother and next time her son will have ways to contact his fam.

i mean nikkas scream woke every day on here then act surprised when white people do this type of thing :beli:

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Nah, not a buyer, the guy was LOST without it. Kids normally do notice their surroundings. Not only could he not find his way out of his own neighborhood, he doesn't know any of his actual neighbors?

You miss me with this.

Kids who have cellphones aren't riding busses and staring out of windows with their phones tucked away in their pockets. they're trying to get in as MUCH phone time as possible before having to go to a place where they won't be able to look at their phones for the next 8 hours.

do any of you have real world experience with teens or are you just saying things that you THINK make sense?

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
To me that's just a deflection that takes blame away from the person that committed the crime.

The issue is that a black teen almost lost his life over nothing because of racist/paranoid white people. Not whether or not he had his phone.
It’s no deflection at all. Cacs doing evil shyt is well documented. Regardless whether he had a phone or not the cac committed a senseless crime. Unfortunately we don’t live in a country where we can go around knocking on people’s doors asking for help without taking a risk. I’m equipping my kids with enough tools where they prolly won’t have to take these risks

FeloniousMonk

Dont mind me..Im a azzhole
Daps
Reppin
Them Lo Lifes...
The problem is parents not teaching kids how to live within society.

If you allow your child to be so enamored with technology and not instill some sort of life skills..

This is the kind of outcome that will happen...

knickscity

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Bed-Stuy
Kids who have cellphones aren't riding busses and staring out of windows with their phones tucked away in their pockets. they're trying to get in as MUCH phone time as possible before having to go to a place where they won't be able to look at their phones for the next 8 hours.

do any of you have real world experience with teens or are you just saying things that you THINK make sense?
I have 5 grown children, and 3 still in highschool. they aren't lost without their phones. They know their neighborhood, and their neighbors. This kid probably doesn't know the name of the street behind his own house.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child

You miss me with this.
For all we know they were new to the area. But even if they weren’t they’re still one of the only black families in the town

I doubt their neighbors were welcoming to them. Which is pretty obvious since one shot at him
:heh:

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
I have 5 grown children, and 3 still in highschool. they aren't lost without their phones. They know their neighborhood, and their neighbors. This kid probably doesn't know the name of the street behind his own house.

you should perform a test by dropping your kids off somewhere without a cellphone and seeing if they're able to get back home.

difficult part is contacting them if they get lost because they won't have a cellphone :lupe: kinda like what happened to the kid in this story.

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Damn hope he pulls through..we seem to be going back to when were targeting black children and sundown town. Where if ur black and the wrong white neighborhood( assuming the person who shot him his a cac) you would be lynched. .:mjcry:.........history just keep repeating....
Sundown town - Wikipedia

:ohhh:

knickscity

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Bed-Stuy
im not sure what the argument is here, are we supposed to be mad that the white couple was racist and assumed the worst about a young black man asking for directions? You should already know white people do not give us the benefit of doubt, what is there to be outraged here? Hopefully this is a lesson learned for the mother and next time her son will have ways to contact his fam.

i mean nikkas scream woke every day on here then act surprised when white people do this type of thing :beli:
you should perform a test by dropping your kids off somewhere without a cellphone and seeing if they're able to get back home.

difficult part is contacting them if they get lost because they won't have a cellphone :lupe: kinda like what happened to the kid in this story.
All my kids have their own cars. I know for a fact they can make it without their phone.