Black teen misses bus, gets shot at after asking for directions in Rochester Hills

FeloniousMonk

Dont mind me..Im a azzhole
Daps
Reppin
Them Lo Lifes...
This by all means is fukked up..:snoop:

Yet by age 14, how do you NOT know the directions to your high school?:ohhh:

I thought technology was supposed to help us, not hinder us..:francis:

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
If you have the means, no child should be without a way to contact their guardians. Especially a black child.

What about the millions of us who grew up without a cellphone and no way to contact our parents -- living in the same types of neighborhoods -- and our parents had the means - the technology just wasn't out yet?

So, what if he had the cell phone and the battery died, or he dropped it and it broke on the way to the bus stop, or he didn't have signal. Which is normal to happen in those kind of areas in Michigan.

Is it still the mom's fault for a white man shooting at her son - for simply knocking at his door?

Or will you just finally admit you just want to lay blame on a Black mom? One who seems like a very good one as well.

GSR

All Star
Daps
Reppin
daygo
...nothing's going to happen to sister f**ker or his cave wench, their justice system is set up to work for them. the young bruh's fam needs to sue for mental anguish and post traumatic stress disorder. his dad's in the military off "protecting" his country and could have lost his child to some racial senseless violence back home...no veteran deserves that. they could play this up to the media and have that case won in an hour.
relax. the whole thing was recorded on one of those video recording doorbells . that cac’s going to prison.

which is the positive flip side to all this, yea it was brief terrifying moment for the kid.....what also happened quickly is this piece of shyt cac is going to lose his freedom, and now that dumb old white bytch might actually get robbed living alone.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
You don't know what u would do, seeing as you've never been put in a position to expect justice when a cac does us dirty

there is no position that suspends logic.

here's an excerpt from the article,

Walker was trying to walk the bus route to Rochester High School after he woke up late and missed his bus. His mom had taken his phone away, so he didn't have that with him to get directions. So he knocked on a stranger’s door for help -- and almost paid for it with his life.

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Black people aren't crictical thinkers but we're living in sundown towns. Alotta so called upward mobile black people trapped their kids in a "get out" situation where their being gentrified in the inner city and becoming second class citizens in they're own neighborhood and out in the suburbs it's worst. I got these black kids out here with these white supremacist with guns that have low it's to begin with but also paranoid somebody want to steal their little bit of nothing.

It's only going to get worst as grand parents doe and parents get older. We are going to see more and more black people in situations were their basically a slave.

They'll be living among paranoid whites with all the resources, while they're raped, killed and economically disenfranchised

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm sure his mom is the typical knuckle head bytch. She took his phone away as a form of punishment without thinking about the possible consequences. I remember alotta mother's like that coming up.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
Black children are not white so we should not expect white people to view a Black child the same way they view white children. And I agree wholeheartedly, no one should be shot or shot at for knocking at someone's door.

I agree, but the point is these White people got to view this Black child through RING. They didn't have to open the door, they didn't have to respond at all, they could have called the cops. These neighborhoods have Intercom systems. There was no reason for any of this to go down.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
We're discussing a parent who has purchased a phone for her child.

Parents who can't afford to give their children phones, can't afford to.

Parents who have purchased phones for their kids only to later take them away as punishment, defeat the entire purpose of purchasing the phone in the first place.

This kid was in the exact situation where having a phone would help and he was forced to seek help from strangers because his mother took the phone away.
:swaggywhat:

taking away something of substance/meaning to your kid as a form of discipline is widespread and highly accepted. guess she should've went back to the good ol ass beating form of discipline passed down from slavery. :aicmon:

Black Steph Curry

Lines are being drawn in the sand.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville, AL
there is no position that suspends logic.

here's an excerpt from the article,
Logic that is shaped by our experiences, our environment, and tha expectations of ppl around us. You're only further proving my point -- if we as black men did our due diligence in making sure cacs had something to think about b4 they come to us with tha bullshyt, then tht lil tidbit u quoted would hold no weight, it would be a non factor. We wouldn't have to rely on tha copout, tha defense mechanism of victim blaming. That's weak. That sounds like tha mindset of someone who accepts things as tha way they are, someone who isn't willing to do what it takes to ensure justice and freedom for their ppl.

skeetsinternal

I never see my nut
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cervixes
Smh.. I don't need no help from white folk... Won't ever call the cops... These the most scariest, coward, scared for their lives people

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Logic that is shaped by our experiences, our environment, and tha expectations of ppl around us. You're only further proving my point -- if we as black men did our due diligence in making sure cacs had something to think about b4 they come to us with tha bullshyt, then tht lil tidbit u quoted would hold no weight, it would be a non factor. We wouldn't have to rely on tha copout, tha defense mechanism of victim blaming. That's weak. That sounds like tha mindset of someone who accepts things as tha way they are, someone who isn't willing to do what it takes to ensure justice and freedom for their ppl.

Maybe you have a fuzzy understanding of what logic actually means.

1. His mom took his phone.
2. He could not properly orient himself because he was in a strange land and did not have his phone.
3.He knocked on a stranger's door because he had no alternative.

"His mom had taken his phone away, so he didn't have that with him to get directions. So he knocked on a stranger’s door for help"